Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?

Go down 
5 posters

Would Tiger Wood be able to Break Jack Nicklaus record?
Do you think Tiger Wood would be able to Break Jack Nicklaus record?
Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_lcap0%Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes
Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_lcap87%Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_rcap
 87% [ 13 ]
No
Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_lcap13%Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey everyone,

just read an article wherein The Golden Bear still think Tiger Wood could still break his record.

What do you think?

Here is the article...

Jack Nicklaus reckons that Tiger Woods will "probably" still break his long-standing major record.

Nicklaus accumulated 18 majors in his storied career, while Tiger has won 14 of them - though, crucially, he has not won one for nearly four years. Not since damaging relvelations about his personal life first became public knowledge in late 2009.

Still, Nicklaus is of the opinion that Woods still has it in him to surpass his record.

"I still think he probably will," Nicklaus said at a Tuesday news conference to promote this week's Honda Classic at PGA National, which lists the Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation as its prime charity beneficiary.

Not that Nicklaus doesn't think Woods has his work cut out for him, however.

"He'll have to figure out he is a different person today than he was five years ago and he's got to learn to play," Nicklaus said. "I mean, I was a different person when I was 25 years old than I was when I was 35 years old, and I had to learn how to play because I didn't have the strength when I was 35 that I did when I was 25. I couldn't overpower the golf course. I had to play within it."

The arrival of so much young talent on the golfing scene, typified by current US Open champion Rory McIlroy, is also going to provide Woods with a tough challenge, Nicklaus added.

"They're probably no longer afraid of Tiger," he said.

"Will he win again? Sure, he'll win again. He's too good a player not to win again. But will he win and be as prolific as before? Probably not."

Nicklaus was pleased to hear that Woods entered the Honda Classic in part to benefit his foundation.

"I always thought you try to support where you live and I think that's what he's doing," Nicklaus said. "Of course I look at it in terms of what it'll mean to our charities and what it'll mean to our kids and so forth, but from a golfing standpoint, it's huge."

source page
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm

With Tiger I hate to bet against him as for many years he has dominated golf like no one in the history of the game.

I look at it like this:

1. The game now has a crop of young guns who are out to do what he did several years ago and are not afraid of him or his mystique.

2. He does not putt it anywhere near as well as he used to.

3. He does not hit it as well as he used to.

4. I wonder how strong that knee really is after all those surgeries. I think one more injury and he could be done.

5. The longer he goes without winning the harder it will be to not put undue pressure on himself.

6. Does he really still want it as bad as he did or he fed up with all of it?

7. He has lost the advantage of being one of the super long guys on tour and being able to over power a golf course. Now fitness and all of those things are normal for guys on tour and he lost that gap advantage.

Can he do it? Of course he can. He is Tiger Woods. I don't think he will until I see him win another major, or another two. Then I will reconsider my position. But until he sorts out his putting, his golf swing, and his performance on Sundays...it does not look great right now. But that could all change very quickly, although he needs to get after it because he is running out of "prime" time years.

Deep down Jack does not want anyone to beat his record. Who would? But he did the politically correct thing and said he thinks it is still very possible, with a bunch of buts in there. Jack is a good guy and does not like to create controversy. Why start now?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Tigers is only 37. Many gas left in the tank.

many past major winners win in the late 30s, early 40s. so he still got good chance.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Without doubt... Tiger will/can break JN records.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm

My guess is he will do it by age 40. Right now he need to win one tournament to boost his confidence. In order to that he has to overcome the Sunday jitters and knee jerker short putts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?   Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think Tiger Wood could still break Jack Nicklaus record?
Page 1 of 1