Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should you change your driver?...check out this site

Go down 
+12
Technospaz
dunlookback
yanhaotiong
Tituman
ghoonk
watermyforrest
botak
weesern
nrafee
tronos
Gray
Duval_S
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Should you change your driver?...check out this site Empty
PostSubject: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm

gotten this fm golfdigest site....all I know is my driver is now a rare dinosour.....(I prefer to call it collector's item)

Quote :
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/2010-05/obsolete-list-drivers
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:59 pm

solid article. thanks Duval
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Cobra HS9 same life than the L4V?. My sumo 5900 is 1/2 dead. Time to change driver.......
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

HAHA...

i got a second hand Nike Forged 2002 i got a from a friend from Ebay..

no life left..haha..

quite happy that it is still in the list....

There is alway going to be newer technology, a better driver that promises a longer drive, straighter ball...

you will need a lot of vitamin M to keep up..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

honestly dun really care if obsolete...but this article show how much technology a company hv put into the product and also how advance we are in golf clubs
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm

After reading the article, I read the comments.... I think I would tend to agree with the comments more i.e. it's the Indian, not the arrow
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Was my eyes cocked up... I saw Titleist 983K but nothing on my 905R... Does it mean it's dead and obsolete????
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm

I would love to see what people have to say about the tour-issued TM Superquad 282 Very Happy

Nice to know that my L4V and R7 TP still have it in them, as well as the MP32s, RAC TP (not the same as RAC MBs), 585H (hybrid), R7 fairway woods (I wonder if HFS models count)

Not on list - Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl, RAC MB, Adams 9015D, 9016D, 9032LS Speedline Classic, and exotics like KZG Forged Z0 and Miura irons. Also nothing on the 905R (which is a more relevant bomber than the 983K, IMO) and the famed R510 TP

Aren't the Tour Edge Exotics really rebranded Sonartecs?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:48 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Aren't the Tour Edge Exotics really rebranded Sonartecs?

really? I thought the face are of different material?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 pm

No idea, that's why I was asking Smile
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Ah ic... I think Sonartec is rebranded from Royal Collection.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 pm

tronos wrote:
Cobra HS9 same life than the L4V?. My sumo 5900 is 1/2 dead. Time to change driver.......

Have just retired my Nike SQ 460 Tour 9.5 (no serial no) for the Cobra ZL with Prototype K shaft. Sweet. That old faithful had been with me for the last 3 years at least and most of the latest brands could not kick it out of my bag. It will still stay with me as a back up driver.

titu
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 pm

alamak my rac mb tp not inside means battery flat le =\
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Hmm.... It sure makes a good read. But I sometimes very suspicious of golf digest equipment reviews as they seem to give the best reviews to whoever pays.. anyone got similiar sentiments?

But htis article sure brings back many beautiful memories once had with those clubs. :>
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Quote :
Tituman wrote:
tronos wrote:

Have just retired my Nike SQ 460 Tour 9.5 (no serial no) for the Cobra ZL with Prototype K shaft. Sweet. That old faithful had been with me for the last 3 years at least and most of the latest brands could not kick it out of my bag. It will still stay with me as a back up driver.

titu

Wah ...3years...EOL liao...!!!!

I just talked to my Launcher 400cc.......I asked him " how bro....can still chiong a not??? many young and strong drivers on golf courses liao".......He answered " Master...we been thru rain and sunny days.....I will still chiong for you "

Wah piang...tears in my eye.........I luv my launcher..........We will prevail......We will aspire and perspire till we expire....TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Bro DS, you spend a lot of time talking to your clubs Smile

Just an observation.
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm

thats why he is pro DS mah
i can attest to that
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 am

Quote :
Quote :
oned10t wrote:
thats why he is pro DS mah
i can attest to that

Good joke.... brudder!!

Many times after seeing how others drive the ball, my lancher and me.....often times panic..and even shy to tee off....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 pm

I do talk to my driver and putter too.
Will threaten to throw my putter away if miss putt. Haha
Razz
Back to top Go down
twizter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 am

Maybe talking to ball more effective? Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:19 am

asahi wrote:
I do talk to my driver and putter too.
Will threaten to throw my putter away if miss putt. Haha
Razz

I'm happy to help u dispose your putter.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
achengms
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 am

Golf clubs have come a long way since I started playing golf. I am quite amazed at all the new equipment available nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should you change your driver?...check out this site   Should you change your driver?...check out this site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should you change your driver?...check out this site
Page 1 of 1