Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding RSS

Go down 
+5
daveaha
jimmychoo
edhannan
Right_sided_coach
aahhhcabretta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Question regarding RSS Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:47 pm

I see some RSS who has their arms folded really quick after the followthrough and some who extends it like Pampling. Can someone explain to me why the different follow through? Thanks!!!

Question regarding RSS Screenshot20100331atpm0

Question regarding RSS Screenshot20100331atpm0
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 pm

That is a great question and to answer it, you need to know the history of the player in question.The top picture is of Brad Lamb who was always a strong grip, closed clubface player. The bottom player, Rod Pampling has always been a weaker grip, more open clubface player. These two finish positions are really related to the club face of the players in question. As you can see in the pics below, Lamb has a more closed clubface as compared to Pampling

Question regarding RSS Finish10

Also can be seen here on the downswing

Question regarding RSS Finish11

If you trace it back further, you can see the grips/wrist angles are different which causes the variations in the club faces. Pamps originally had an even weaker left hand as he used to be a national hockey player. Although it is a weak grip, it is strong compared to when he first started the RSS

Question regarding RSS Finish12

These differing club face angles will require a different finish position. Lamb will have to hold it off more to keep the face more open, Pamps will have to finish higher to let the face close a little more. Both produce the desired impact position.

Pamps is trying to get it more like Lamb. Lamb is trying to get it more like Pamps.

Gary is always trying to get Pamps more closed with his club face as this pic below shows. Here he is wearing a training aid to correct his clubface and as you can see, the finish is more like Lambs

Question regarding RSS Finish13

Question regarding RSS Finish14

This example shows that not all RSS players swing the same. We find out what the faults are in the swing and try to neutralise these faults to produce a straighter and more consistent ball flight.
I once asked Gary who was the perfect RSS swing model and he replied "No one" All the players have good and bad bits. Its about using the correct model for the individual student. For someone with a closed club face, I would use Pamps to highlight the differences and vice versa for a player with an open club face.

I hope this answers your question
Back to top Go down
edhannan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:17 am

A very informative answer...thank you for being so thorough, Paul.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

I have information that OCC Gary Edwin Golf Academy is going to cease operation, is it true? confused
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 am

jimmychoo wrote:
I have information that OCC Gary Edwin Golf Academy is going to cease operation, is it true? confused

JC,
Refer to here :

http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/gary-edwin-golf-academy-t3197-30.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks Daveaha.....never take note of that... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for the clear explanation paul! by the way i have just registered with the Gary Edwin's site and i have just sent my swing videos to them. Cant wait to hear back from them!
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am

aahhhcabretta wrote:
Thanks for the clear explanation paul! by the way i have just registered with the Gary Edwin's site and i have just sent my swing videos to them. Cant wait to hear back from them!

Good to hear u want to learn the RSS. Why send swing video? Just go look for Paul. He's like Gary Edwin clone...keke
Back to top Go down
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 am

Well i live in samarinda, indonesia so no good coach is available around here Smile
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:43 am

ok la. Now see why. If u do come to SG, i recommend u see Paul for some hands on coaching. Damn good this RSS. Good luck with the swing. I am sure your score will improve
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Dear Paul

In the RSS, as the backswing is rather limited (as there is a need to maintain radius), what can I do to increase clubhead speed?

Thank you.

Rgds
SL
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:52 am

TITW wrote:
Dear Paul

In the RSS, as the backswing is rather limited (as there is a need to maintain radius), what can I do to increase clubhead speed?

Thank you.

Rgds
SL

Best thing to do is hop on the PIE and come to RCC for a lesson and I can explain to you. ROFL

To answer your question however, the speed comes from leverage. This is only possible if you have the correct turn and body shape.

These vids show you dont need a big swing to generate power. The correct stance and motion is all that is needed.....efficient and powerful

Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 am

Shocked

Can u teach me Old Master the inch backswing with 300yards drive? Is there any secret manual or technique? Laughing

Just joking mate....

Yes, planning to hav a lesson one of thye days during this June hols.

Talk to u soon.
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:08 pm

wow! never knew there'a a connection btw chinese martial arts and an ang moh RSS! truly intriguing...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:04 pm

definitely a one inch backswing will not work as well.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding RSS   Question regarding RSS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding RSS
Page 1 of 1