Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question to ZX

Go down 
+16
TheFocalPoint
TourSwing
Birdman
neutralgolfer
costajos
guangzhao
enwee
zhenxua
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
Duval_S
shamusan
nutty88
hkhamateur
pushslice
skybobo
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 am

Bro Ivan, after playing with u last sat, I am very impressed by your drive. If u dun mind, can you share what is ur secret to your long drive.

From what I observed, you do coil quite a bit and u rotate ur hips a fair bit. At the end of the back swing, ur left feet is slightly off the ground. I'm not sure whether this is the cue for ur downswing.

But I did observe you have very fast hips on downswing and this is probably the key to ur long drive.

I stand behind u and watch and ur swing is really inside out. You always have a full finish to your swing as in the club is behind your back. I reckon this is the momentum caused by your fast spinning hips.

I also notice u did not over swing. The shaft is always parallel at the end of ur swing. And most impt of all, your swing ook very smooth and relax and it is most of the time STRAIGHT.

For the benefit of the rest of us, hope u can share more. Thank u

Last edited by skybobo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 am

Is it the he gu niang style?

I can share a several months back, zx has only one drive. A max out swing that either bombs it long or big slice. There are holes where i could have a chance by hitting more fairways.

But now, he has two speed. Find fairway speed and bombs away speed. He hits more fairways too. His safe drive is same as my full max out swing. His max out is 60m in front.

Scary ah..
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am

I wan to know his secret!! Very Happy
Please! Laughing
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

I also want to know his secret. I witnessed his drive at Ponderosa and it was amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

ya... i also want to know how is it that zx hits the ball so far in front of the rest of us... how how how???
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 pm

according to ZX its the D3 driver head
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm

He does it by bringing his knees together. I've seen them in action. They merge like magnets and then... *KAPOW!!* they split and the power funnels from his groin to his arms to the club to the ball! BOOM!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Step 1. Buy a Keyboard.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm

bro skybobo, like I mentioned, you have not met the real long drivers like coastguy, chippy and sham, and of course pushslice and technospaz (swee boh, bro duval)

my key is to prevent overswing which actually robs power, and of course training my hip power at night helps too

lifting my left foot off the ground is something I'm trying to stop, though it makes me feel like I'm bubba watson

my swing is still a major work in progress, now I need to stop those big slices ...

I didn't know you're standing behind me, did anything happen when I bend down to pick up the tee?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 pm

zhenxua wrote:
I didn't know you're standing behind me, did anything happen when I bend down to pick up the tee?

you must be pretty well-seasoned not to feel anything...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Btw I saw people like Nickalaus, Watson especially the 70s, 80s golfer all had this habit of lifting the left leg. As for the modern swing, like Tiger, Phil etc kept the left foot still. So I wanna know is it right or wrong over this?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 pm

enwee wrote:
So I wanna know is it right or wrong over this?

As long as the ball is on the fairway, it is right.

It doesn't matter if you hit the ball behind your back, between your legs or under a rock.
Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 pm

zhenxua wrote:
bro skybobo, like I mentioned, you have not met the real long drivers like coastguy, chippy and sham, and of course pushslice and technospaz (swee boh, bro duval)

Sham's drive not that long la... Last weekend his 3 wood was about just about as long as my driver... lol!
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

guangzhao wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

Sham's drive not that long la... Last weekend his 3 wood was about just about as long as my driver... lol!

which is darn long...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:06 pm

enwee wrote:
Btw I saw people like Nickalaus, Watson especially the 70s, 80s golfer all had this habit of lifting the left leg. As for the modern swing, like Tiger, Phil etc kept the left foot still. So I wanna know is it right or wrong over this?

the olden day pros hit a lot more fairways back then..i read bradley hughes post about this topic, 70% was like average then. Now 70% fairways hit is like the winner of Fedex cup

obviously the modern pros hit a lot longer but that is debatable becoz of advancement in equipment and ball technology.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 pm

pushslice wrote:
Btw I saw people like Nickalaus, Watson especially the 70s, the olden day pros hit a lot more fairways back then..i read bradley hughes post about this topic, 70% was like average then. Now 70% fairways hit is like the winner of Fedex cup

obviously the modern pros hit a lot longer but that is debatable becoz of advancement in equipment and ball technology.

The one thing I failed to understand is that how come the latest technology can help the golfer in gaining distance but not accuracy? How come the current pros are missing more fairways as compared to the those from the earlier eras?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Quote :
nutty88 wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Btw I saw people like Nickalaus, Watson especially the 70s, the olden day pros hit a lot more fairways back then..i read bradley hughes post about this topic, 70% was like average then. Now 70% fairways hit is like the winner of Fedex cup

The one thing I failed to understand is that how come the latest technology can help the golfer in gaining distance but not accuracy? How come the current pros are missing more fairways as compared to the those from the earlier eras?

Life is fair
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

nutty88 wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I think the longer the ball travels, the wider the dispersion, hence needs wider fairway for long hitter like them. Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:50 pm

nutty88 wrote:
pushslice wrote:

well if you believe bradley hughes, it's because modern swing gurus (e.g. haney, harmon) taught the pros wrist flipping top gain speed and the more upright lie angle of todays clubs promote that flipping too. Brad has pics of olden day pros vs modern pros. Check his website

the modern swing doesn't stop Ernie or Oosthuizen or Tiger or Phil from winning majors so driving distance must be giving a lot of advantage at the tour level.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:42 pm

guangzhao wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

please don not sprout such mis-truths.... my long clubs are all in trouble...... i wish you could have seen my old distances
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

shamusan wrote:
guangzhao wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

please don not sprout such mis-truths.... my long clubs are all in trouble...... i wish you could have seen my old distances

Even more dangerous now, he dialing back to find fairways.

All die! Stretcher
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm

no no... i use the 4i to find the fairway
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm

when i grow up, i want to be like zx... drive 300m still can be in the center of the fairway
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm

i am known for can drive cannot arrive ... i rather be like sham, 3-time champion, kacang puteh trophy i also dun mind
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 pm

shamusan wrote:
no no... i use the 4i to find the fairway
oh meaning, bro guangzhao, your driver is = his 4 wood. That's even more scary..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question to ZX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question to ZX   Question to ZX I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question to ZX
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next