Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

where to change putter length & how much?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elfff99
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

where to change putter length & how much? Empty
PostSubject: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I have a 33" putter, intending to change to 34" or 35". Any recommendations & price?

I am a newbie in changing length.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

i read somewhere that changing the length, requires it to be weight balance again.. not as simple as just changing a longer shaft.

bro,
unless you are in love with that putter, (which is quite unlikely since the length does not suit you),
I think it is cheaper to get a another one.

PS: I got a 34 which is too long.. looking for a 33.. Razz

Anyone can comment on this? DGMan? Surprised
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 am

I also have a putter which Im considering shortening... Would also like to know how much..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 am

when you change putter length, you got to consider the SW. once you cut the putter, you may find that the head is not there anymore and this will affect your judgement for distance. you can train till you get used to the new weight or we can add weight to the putter head or we can change to a lighter grip.

all said and done, changing length is not just the cost of removing the grip (which may disintegrate) and cutting shaft, but it may involved changing grips (to same or lighter ones), adding weight and bending lie and loft....

costing guide:

1. remove and instal grip $5 (same grip - if you buy new grip then no cost)
2. cutting shaft $5 (if you change grips, then no cost)
3. adding weight through hosel ($10 to $15 - only for straight shafts)
4. lie and loft adjustment ($15 to $25 - for both straight and bend shafts)

you should be able to do this at most clubfitters with a putter lie and loft bending machine.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
elfff99
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:44 am

thank you

DGman wrote:
when you change putter length, you got to consider the SW. once you cut the putter, you may find that the head is not there anymore and this will affect your judgement for distance. you can train till you get used to the new weight or we can add weight to the putter head or we can change to a lighter grip.

all said and done, changing length is not just the cost of removing the grip (which may disintegrate) and cutting shaft, but it may involved changing grips (to same or lighter ones), adding weight and bending lie and loft....

costing guide:

1. remove and instal grip $5 (same grip - if you buy new grip then no cost)
2. cutting shaft $5 (if you change grips, then no cost)
3. adding weight through hosel ($10 to $15 - only for straight shafts)
4. lie and loft adjustment ($15 to $25 - for both straight and bend shafts)

you should be able to do this at most clubfitters with a putter lie and loft bending machine.

DGman
Back to top Go down
april70t
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Go to BOB Golf at Rangoon should be cheaper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where to change putter length & how much?   where to change putter length & how much? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where to change putter length & how much?
Page 1 of 1