Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS Empty
PostSubject: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm

A idea came to me recently while day dreaming. Was thinking that since we always aspire to have consistency, why don't an iron set be made the same length for all the irons. Then we'll have 1 setup and 1 swing. Did a search on internet and found that this company 1 IRON is actually selling them.

1 arugment that this concept doesn't take off is that it's a mindset thing that is difficult to change. Just like there're supposingly more efficient keyboard layout that doesn't catch on.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

My thoughts on this?? Oh sorry, please take a "Q" number. See that line of about 50 people there? Join the last one. Bro, this topic once in awhile, some quite smart guy will come up with this particular suggestion and were discussed and found that it was not feasible due to some reason or whatever. I couldn't even bother to read anymore but I was when I was a newbie though. Though I am still a newbie, but a newbie Seasoned Beginner.... lol!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:26 pm

ya i've also read about the 1iron concept some time ago.

2 points.

firstly, i think we still have effectively the same swing and setup, regardless of the length of the iron. ur body should automatically make the adjustment according to the length of the club. the way u swing is fundamentally the same. as such, the sales pitch of 1 swing and 1 setup will really only entice beginners who have yet to attain a comfortable and proper setup and swing. for most other golfers, the question of having 1 setup and 1 swing is not really an issue.

secondly, i don't think it's simply a mindset thing. The truth is that the length of the club does make a difference. mathematically speaking, longer shaft should translate into longer distance, all else being equal. of course it is probably true that in comparison, loft has a greater effect on distance than length. that said, do we want to rely entirely on Loft? at the end of the day, the question is 'what is the optimum combination of loft AND length?". i suspect the answer will not lie with a 1iron concept.

Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Thks for your views scotty. I too believe there must be 'something wrong' with this concept simply because it hasn't been used by the top pros. But just trying to figure out what's wrong with it. Will try searching on the net to satisfy my curiosity.

Tituman, let me know when my turn comes. Interested in your thoughts as you seems to be well informed on this. alien
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm

nothing wrong with it, just more expensive to make that all.

Many Ppl cut their driver shaft but never adjust their woods, hybrids or long irons.

Some play mix sets where the irons may be longer than standard, the hybrids standard and driver shorter than standard or vice versa (driver too long, irons below standard etc)

Even wedges have different length (or so i discovered with my wedges). Different models, JDM/US market wedges have different length and different lie angles!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS   SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAME LENGTH FOR THE IRONS
Page 1 of 1