Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?

Go down 
+3
jimmychoo
eiji
Denis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? Empty
PostSubject: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi, been wondering about why Jap clubs are priced higher than US clubs. While they claimed certain technology and material used...PGA pros are not using them...are the price really worthy of the claims?

And why are clubs with asian specs more expensive?

Thanks...hope to learn something Wink
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

PGA pros are using what their sponsors provide them within their stated contracts.

Within their own golf league, the jap pros are using Jap produced clubs. Even Titleist have recently produced a Jap only driver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Japanese Yuan is stronger than US Dollars? Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 pm

In My opinion, Japanese clubs are more suited for Asians. The shafts will better suit us asians. And at the same time, the lie on the irons are also flatter and not so upright. Go see irons sets and you will be amazed that irons that come with PX shafts are cheaper than those that come with NSpro. But when you check the internet, PX shafts are more expensive than NSpro if you were buy them seperately.
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks guys...given that most pros are obligated to play their sponsor's equipments, some play with mixed set...either a old trusty 3 wood or putter, a new driver or wedge...etc, even during the latest game, Phil's old Ping wedges?...I m guessing if the pros found Jap clubs better, they would put 1 or 2 in their bag as well...

While Titleist is coming with out the VG3 in Japan...it is probably market share driven?...given that Jap market is very self "sufficient" ... Razz
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:19 pm

At least from what I've seen in Indonesia: there is a demand from the status concious. I've seen senior golfers, many of them govt. officials or businessmen carrying Honma clubs, the ones with gold plating.

another reason would be that Japan clubmakers position themselves for craftmanship, age-old expertise, samurai forging skills etc. They dont produce clubs in high volume to maintain that exclusiveness e.g. Miura, Ikasu etc.

or, you know that everything is super expensive in Japan. So if club manufacturers sell the same stuff cheaper elsewhere, then the domestic market would come crashing down.

Mizuno however has different product/positioning for Japan and Intl market. They can differentiate prices. I dont know enough about Yamaha, Katana or Tourstage.

just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

talk about Katana... you guys know Katana in Japan is different from Katana in SG rite?
The 'Katana' marketed by World of Golf in Singapore is known as 'Sword' here... because Panwest owns the 'Katana' brand name in SG

same same but different!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:44 pm

not just the clubs my dear...even the shirt, bags, balls and things...if its for Japan market,... then the price is expensive. Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?   Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are Jap clubs priced higher than US clubs?
Page 1 of 1