Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Suggestion for Market Place rules

Go down 
+9
boggyman
fredc
andrew-golf
ughly
mUAr_cHEe
Agumon
nrafee
sunny
Tituman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

A Suggestion for Market Place rules Empty
PostSubject: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Hope the moderators could look at this suggestion and see if it is viable. For instance someone post an item for sale and with present rules, you can't bump it up. As time passed, the item gets pushed down until it is totally disappeared from sight even if maybe someone might have interest in it if it is push back up. May I suggest that maybe it has to be in the Market Place for at least for example like 3 months then you could re post the item again. otherwise just after 1 post and and it gets underneath the pile of new sale items, there is no eyeballing, sure item can't be gotten rid off. Just thinking out loud here and I think it would help genuine sellers who wants to get rid of it but being under the pile, got no more chance at all. Sad Sad Sad

Titu
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Titu,

We would be considering allowing for a bump after a certain period.

If we just allow bumps, then it is open to abuse and everyone would be busy bumping their sales thread and end up all the latest topic would have nothing except classified which is not what we want.

Thanks for the suggestion and we are now thinking of how long before it is considered a reasonable time for a bump.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:53 pm

The BUMP can be quite irritating, for example HWZone, your thread is on page 3 or 4 just after one afternoon.. this is due to BUMP.. (also very heavy traffic), everyone wants their item to be on the first page, hence the vicious cycle of the BUMP competition.

Hence I appreciate the "NO BUMP" regulation.

Currently the thread sequence is based on the first post date and not the last post date.. (so bumping has no effect)
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:53 pm

THats great to hear Sunny. Yup put a hold for an appropriate period and then the item can be bump up again. I also agreed with you to avoid abuse of the Market Place with frequent bumps from certain sellers. Beer

Titu
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 pm

another suggestion is to leave items for sale in market place n NOT in latest topics..

ie those looking for golfing goods go directly to marketplace to prevent the latest topics from getting too cluttered
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Agumon wrote:
another suggestion is to leave items for sale in market place n NOT in latest topics..

ie those looking for golfing goods go directly to marketplace to prevent the latest topics from getting too cluttered

Great idea. Open a New Market Place Folder. This is what a top American Golf forum did. They have so many different folders and you just go right to it. Of course the different folders are right there in the latest topics rather than have to go to forums to see the different folders.

Titu
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm

@ Agumon, we did consider this before. but it is not as simple as segregating them. we need to rework the whole platform. this is actually work in progress for us.
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Maybe 'Sold' items or threads could be deleted, so that every thread in the marketplace is actually for sale. Less clutter that way too. Since the mods are already 'locking' the threads, it might as well be deleted.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi all,

first of all, i wanna thank the forum as i managed to sell a few items. i am an avid fan of head covers and till now, i have a few strong followers from this forum.

From my humble observation, i think any item that stay in the market place for more than 2 weeks, high chance there will be no takers.

In my opinion, to keep traffic smooth, this is a good time frame. Ebay keep themselves neat by having a countdown in days.

Perhaps can consider this.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm in agreement with the last suggestion however I am unsure how the moderators would execute it - manually by clearing all marketplace post after a certain time frame or thru some function in the platform.
If there was a time frame of availability/display, it might make it easier for members to repost without fear of duplication or creating more clutter. At this point, how many of us would bother shifting back to page 5 and beyond.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
boggyman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi why not do something similar to the market place of www.togoparts.com. Think will be great for the forum. Much cleaner too.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 pm

@ughly: We do delete those sold items after awhile but not immediately. This is to minimise threads like 'help, I cannot find soandso thread' etc

@andrew-golf: MOST items will be forgotten after a couple of weeks but there are always newbies that revive 'dead' threads because I think they take the time to go thru everyone of them. An example is the sale of the belts thread. We'll be putting this thot into discussion too.

@boggyman: Sorry I do not go to togoparts.com. Mebbe you can summarise what u think some of the stuff that are good to follow?

All feedback will be seriously considered over the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 am

Create another forum for classified. The main GR site will be purely for golf discussion but a link to the marketing site. So anyone looking to buy or sell can go there to look see cyclops Is it possible?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 am

Then users will have to maintain 2 acc. Tedious
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
yrt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yrt

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi all, i've got a question. How do i go about creating a new topic in marketplace.

Please help, thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://chicnics.wordpress.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm

yrt wrote:
Hi all, i've got a question. How do i go about creating a new topic in marketplace.

Please help, thanks!!

tried reading the rules and regulations? For your convenience, i will re-iterate the rules here.

Subject: IMPORTANT!!!!***RULES OF THE MARKETPLACE***PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
G'day all.

This section is created with the intent to allow forumers to sell their existing golf items or buy from others. To create a safe and comfortable environment while minimising any disputes to any sale or trade, here are the RULES AND GUIDELINES:

1. MANDATORY! - Please provide ORIGINAL clear pictures of the items you are selling or trading. This is to prevent fraud or false reporting on condition of your item/s. NO EBAY PICTURES ALLOWED. If sellers are facing difficulties in uploading pictures, please read this thread. Alternatively, you can PM any of the Marshalls or caddies for assistance.

2. ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE A SALE PRICE.

3. Items listed must be in YOUR POSSESSION. This is to minimise dispute or bad sales.

4. No NEGATIVE comments regarding seller's asking prices of items. If you wanna be friendly and inform him of the market rate, that is what the 'pm' is for.

5. Please state if item is 'New' or 'Second Hand'. For your information, 'New' means the golf club or item has never been hit or used before at all. Anything else is considered second hand.

6. NO 'BUMPING' OF THREADS. However, sellers may add new items to their current thread. As this family grows bigger, 'Bumping' puts less active members with an ad thread at a disadvantage to those more active members who are trying to do a quick sale. Users will be allowed to ask questions and discuss issues in moderation in WTS/WTB threads provided that such questions and discussions do not cause too much of a digression and/or the seller/buyer does not object to the same.

7. PLEASE POST OR PM ME WHEN ITEM/S ARE SOLD. THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AND DELETED WITHIN A DAY. SIMILARLY, FOR ALL ITEM/S THAT ARE MARKED SOLD, HOLDING THREADS WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE. Users are advised to create new threads to continue their discussions if needed.

8. Only golf-related items are to be for sale. All other sales will be locked and deleted without notice. We would however allow ACTIVE members exception on case by case basis. Members may pm any moderators for permission.

9. No selling of fake / clone / counterfeit items. Postings will be removed without notice.

10. All buyers are reminded that they buy at their own risk and should therefore undertake their own due diligence when shopping at the Marketplace (or anywhere else for that matter).

11. Sellers are reminded that this is a public forum and the Marketplace should not be treated as a place to profit from fellow GR'ers. All are friends, after all.

12. The Admin reserves the right to remove any listing on the Marketplace without notice or liability to anyone and without the need to provide reasons whatsoever.

13. GR shall neither be responsible nor liable to anyone for their use of the Marketplace (or the rest of this forum) and therefore, all users are encouraged to exercise their own discretion when buying or selling items here.

14. Please refrain from chatting in people's sale thread. Postings not related to sale will be deleted.

15. NO DOUBLE POSTING OF SAME ITEM. THAT INCLUDES CLOSING AN OLD THREAD AND RELISTING SAME ITEM IN NEW THREAD. REPEAT OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED.

16. Only users with more than 10 posts would be allowed to start topics in the marketplace. This is to prevent users from signing up and posting at marketplace and treating our forum as free classified.

17. All buyers and sellers who use the Marketplace are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions above in their use thereof.

Failure to comply with instructions may result in LOCKING AND DELETION of your thread.

Very Respectfully
Your Marketplace Moderator
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion for Market Place rules   A Suggestion for Market Place rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Suggestion for Market Place rules
Page 1 of 1