Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation

Go down 
+40
golfchowmk
Right_sided_coach
Ryan Lee
darenlim
Tituman
and68low
oned10t
ChrisD
billi
Turbo
eden
shorthitter
watermyforrest
yapeeguy
Quest
ironhead
shotah
slinger
ron81
JupJup
JonL_TK
Lamts18
RogY
Roystonnn
S70B
eiji
mojojojo
jaketang
chemicalpro
Duval_S
golf_nut
tronos
Cyp_PGA
SiNNeR
Technospaz
pocketace
Khorkar
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
peter.golfer
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:08 pm

eden wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:
one guy told me he was doing launch angle ..... advice me this club fitter i thought he was using the launch monitor like trackma but not ..... i didnt go mark because he was busy ....

i am shocked that Mark Higgs didnt go through the whole process of testing you on the launch monitor when he fitted you for the Nakashima driver.Exclamation

I have gone through one session with him just to get a replacement shaft for my driver and he was very very detailed.

My friend went to him also to get his driver shafted and he went through the same process with him too.

I am curious, what was his fitting process for you when he fitted you for the Naka driver??

I would expect him to spend more time with you (NAKASHIMA fitting) as compared to aftermarket shaft fitting???!!!!!!

I am so happy that someone else said that... but that was what i was trying to get at but not to say........ Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

shorthitter wrote:
eden wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:
one guy told me he was doing launch angle ..... advice me this club fitter i thought he was using the launch monitor like trackma but not ..... i didnt go mark because he was busy ....

i am shocked that Mark Higgs didnt go through the whole process of testing you on the launch monitor when he fitted you for the Nakashima driver.Exclamation

I have gone through one session with him just to get a replacement shaft for my driver and he was very very detailed.

My friend went to him also to get his driver shafted and he went through the same process with him too.

I am curious, what was his fitting process for you when he fitted you for the Naka driver??

I would expect him to spend more time with you (NAKASHIMA fitting) as compared to aftermarket shaft fitting???!!!!!!

I am so happy that someone else said that... but that was what i was trying to get at but not to say........ Smile

i am more direct but that being said...i am still in a state of disbelief! pirat
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:12 pm

ron81 wrote:
So where's the best place (Cheapest) to buy this Nakashima driver? Will I be able to give it a try before buying?

I do not have a Nakashima driver but have tried at Mark Higg's shop.

Basically, he would ask you to bring your current driver and give it a go with the launch monitor.

The data from each hit would then be shown on the monitor:
Angle of Attack
Clubhead Speed
Ball Speed
Smash Factor
Launch Angle
Back Spin
Side Spin etc
Carry distance
Roll distance

Based on the above data, he would then suggest a loft for you to achieve the optimum launch angle (carry/ roll) and shaft CPM to match your swing speed.

He would fix (on the spot) the head and shaft (he has a wide range) and again you hit a few balls and data captured on the launch monitor.

As its a removable hosel driver (like R9), he can pretty much unscrew and screw in a new shaft in a few seconds.

So basically, you would go thru a few lofts and shafts until u achieve the longest drive (carry & roll) possible (shown on the launch monitor).

Mark Higgs is basically the only fitter in the shop so you do need to make an appointment.

Nakashima is not supposed to be picked up off the rack, just look at their website message:

"Nakashima Golf firmly believes that golfers of all ability levels should have their clubs custom built. Professional golfers have their clubs tailored to their swing, you should too! Our authorized Master Clubmakers can offer the same service and attention that the serious amateurs and tour players receive when getting fitted. All Nakashima dealers are equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipment to fit and build your Nakashima clubs to maximize your playing potential. You will be properly fitted with the ideal club head, loft, lie, shaft, weight, flex, length, grip style and size to maximize your performance. Please contact your authorized Nakashima Golf dealer to purchase or enquire about any of our product line."
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:44 pm

S70B wrote:
With all my drivers in the hse, I never had 1 that can hit >10m than the other.

Mebbe I dun have Nakashima thats why....

Same here. I am using the Cobra Speed PRO-S w/Fujikura Speeder shaft and Titleist 909D2 w/Voodoo shaft - I don't see significant difference in distance gain. I see a gain of about 10 m only when I hit the Cobra at dead centre of the clubhead face. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:25 pm

you can try the callaway legacy II (r)

think can hit far
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:08 pm

I meant this month that y i went to bigfish n torque golf ..... when i got my nakashima was more than a year ago ... the day the head arrive i went with my coach to take the new driver .... but since then my swing change a lot .... and he did a very gd fitting take me 2 and 1/2 to get the perfect fit ...until 5 month ago
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:07 am

Cyp_PGA,

I had never seen you hit that far before. Maybe you can show me in the range one of these days. I believe the only person that can hit far is Tim.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:38 am

normal i never hit driver at the range ..... just work on iron. and short game...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:13 am

OIC... will be interested to see how you hit your driver straight and long.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:17 am

for me , the only way to find a driver that give me extra distance is to change me ....and replace myself with say....SxxB, 4DXXXX, TechXXX etc etc
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:23 am

brudder ds,
ur driver oredi beri farr
don haf to change annnieting
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

CYP, on 30th dec(same thread, page 4) u have claimed that you can hit any driver even ladies driver 250 m!!! and i believe you!!! But I am wondering why u are looking for driver ?? In fact you should be teaching us and post up a new thread "Secret of hitting 250m" Hope u can help us shed some light of hitting big and long. Hear from u soon ya!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:49 am

ChrisD wrote:
I believe the only person that can hit far is Tim.

oi. i also can hit 300 m drives....

300m.... from the pin....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:55 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
normal i never hit driver at the range ..... just work on iron. and short game...

hmm, then how/where u practise your driver.....
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:02 am

slinger wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

hmm, then how/where u practise your driver.....

Talented with talent mah!!! that why i hope he can share with us, though we have no talent(not including those who have hor), but can try and hope!!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

deleted

Last edited by Tituman on Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:32 pm

i never say i hit 320 meter to 370 meter ... my coach do hit 340 meter... i hit nowaday 250 to 290 meter
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
i never say i hit 320 meter to 370 meter ... my coach do hit 340 meter... i hit nowaday 250 to 290 meter

CYP, what is your average driver distance ?
Most of the national boys I know can hit it 300m, including myself but that is not our average and it may not be on the fairway hahaha.
Its one of those funky holes where its downhill or sudden gust of severe backwind Smile
In my own opinion, Tim hits it really long and he is averaging that distance, oh and its straight too.

I average about 245-250m, and my carry is about 233-236. This was shown consistently on the trackman for about 20 odd good shots.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

deleted

Last edited by Tituman on Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:47 pm

I think there are many people that over-estimates their distance and sometimes it's just down to knowledge/ technology (lack of).

average has to include the bad shots as well as the good.
if the calculation does not include bad shots then similarly the freaky good shots must also not be taken into the calculation.
important is a good sample size or consistent method.

using the distance marker, sprinkler head and tee box also does not provide accurate assessment.

get a gps, range finder or maybe a trackman and see what is your (not directed at anyone) real average drive...not longest.

like what i have said before, i think most people are guilty of over-estimating.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

btw..the most unreliable source.....CADDIES!

when you knew you hit a bad drive, they will still shout "GOOD SHOT". lol!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Quote :
eden wrote:
btw..the most unreliable source.....CADDIES!

when you knew you hit a bad drive, they will still shout "GOOD SHOT". lol!

This is best seen in golf in Korea......after almost every tee off by the pro during the last Ballet-tine.......the crowd will go ' GOOOOODDDD SHORTTTT "
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:11 pm

distance markers many not accurate one. Every time follow distance marker, will hit over the green. Now days i take one club less and getting good results.

Even the hole distance on the tee box not accurate one. MBGC hole 17 market say 287m but i can hit to within 40-50m when my decent driver hits is 200-210m only
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:

CYP, there are seem to be lots of doubter here, but i believe u leh, so can you post or show us how u do it ? so u can prove to the Grs here you are not B.S but really a talented golfer!

BTW the driver u use to drive 250m to 290m nowaday a Nakashima driver?? or hmmm a little confuse? once u said you dont used it anymore and u wanted to sell it, saying its no good because ball balloon because its a 13.5 degree loft, or u have a new driver ?

Please enlighten us, i need distant off the driver. need your tips badly!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:27 pm

tronos wrote:
distance markers many not accurate one. Every time follow distance marker, will hit over the green. Now days i take one club less and getting good results.

Even the hole distance on the tee box not accurate one. MBGC hole 17 market say 287m but i can hit to within 40-50m when my decent driver hits is 200-210m only

Your ball got good rolling mah Laughing

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next