Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation

Go down 
+40
golfchowmk
Right_sided_coach
Ryan Lee
darenlim
Tituman
and68low
oned10t
ChrisD
billi
Turbo
eden
shorthitter
watermyforrest
yapeeguy
Quest
ironhead
shotah
slinger
ron81
JupJup
JonL_TK
Lamts18
RogY
Roystonnn
S70B
eiji
mojojojo
jaketang
chemicalpro
Duval_S
golf_nut
tronos
Cyp_PGA
SiNNeR
Technospaz
pocketace
Khorkar
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
peter.golfer
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 pm

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:
Take NAKASHIMA GIVE ME 30 to 100 meter more ..... than any driver even R9 or ZL n D2

30m more I can believe but 100m more?? Wow!

if u seen him swing, i think he has potential, well worth the 800 bucks for him

No doubt that he has potential. I've seen him swing. I was about to alert the MBGC range management that their back fence may be torn from his shots.

But to see a 100m improvement is amazing!! I definitely have to see this driver.

i think D_iceman also switch from a newly bought R9 to a Nakashima. So it must be quite a good driver, that said i might be buying the Monster, any review from u?

LOUD! But I got the draw version so it helps with my slice/fades. I'm thinking of going back to my Launcher 09. Can't decide yet. But for the moment, it's a great driver if that's what you wanna know Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:17 pm

shotah wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:
Take NAKASHIMA GIVE ME 30 to 100 meter more ..... than any driver even R9 or ZL n D2

In one way, you can say that Nakashima is a good driver, in another way, it may result that you are not a good golfer cos you can only hit with one type of driver... j/k

mayb typo mistake lah, mayb wanna type 30 to 100 mm lah......so he still good golfer lah
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Technospaz wrote:

LOUD! But I got the draw version so it helps with my slice/fades. I'm thinking of going back to my Launcher 09. Can't decide yet. But for the moment, it's a great driver if that's what you wanna know Smile

thanks, currently bidding on the draw version as well, will get it if the price is right. If not might reward myself with a R9 Max Type E or ZL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

thanks, currently bidding on the draw version as well, will get it if the price is right. If not might reward myself with a R9 Max Type E or ZL.

i got the Monster too, not the draw version though, but really no complains from it, if u wanna try, let me know but think too much club for u, 8.5 stiff...still if u wanna, call me

btw, soli abt the ZL, bit paiseh abt the whole thing
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:26 pm

slinger wrote:
eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

i got the Monster too, not the draw version though, but really no complains from it, if u wanna try, let me know but think too much club for u, 8.5 stiff...still if u wanna, call me

btw, soli abt the ZL, bit paiseh abt the whole thing

no prob, can get from someone else for 530 if i want. but i see if i can win a monster draw on ebay first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 am

any way any driver give me at least 250 meter ... even ladies one
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
any way any driver give me at least 250 meter ... even ladies one

Step aside bubba watson and jb holmes. Cyp_pga will be tearing up the fairways with his naka driver, min 320 yards. GR is proud to have such a long hitter.
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:23 am

to gain even 30m is a huge leap.
over the last 5 yrs, i probably hav bought abt 3 drivers.
if i want to be honest, i didnt gain any significant distance (probably +/- 8m on average)

the only thing i have gained may be was the forgiveness n the feel good factor of a newly acquired driver, but tht novelty feeling soon wore off and i was soon back to square 1.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:29 am

With all my drivers in the hse, I never had 1 that can hit >10m than the other.

Mebbe I dun have Nakashima thats why.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 am

I believe most decent drivers nowadays would pretty much give almost the same distance of about 220 yards (if I remember correctly), plus or minus 10 yards. This was tested in one of the golf magazines I read and the swing robot was used. Swing speed was consistent at 90 or 95 (determined to be the average swingspeed for recreational golfers), can't remember exactly, and all the clubs came in with distances that are comparable to one another.

What the test also highlighted was that the golfer swinging at that swing speed would not reap much benefits in terms of distance from the choice of any of these clubs. However, golfers who swing at a faster swing speed would be able to generate more distance from the drivers.

So in gist, to get more distance, speed would be the key. For weekend kackers like me, I will look for a driver that is more forgiving so that swing mistakes are mitigated and I can still find my ball somewhere out there.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 am

nakashima.... hmmmm..

someone get me one of those....

i only wana drive 250m can liao...
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 am

So where's the best place (Cheapest) to buy this Nakashima driver? Will I be able to give it a try before buying?
Back to top Go down
yapeeguy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yapeeguy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Got the info from their website, http://www.nakashimagolf.com/dealers_international.php
do let me know if you found out the price. Many thanks!
The Golf Studio (New Location!)
140 Paya Lebar Road
#08-03 A-Z Building
Singapore 409015
Phone: 6844 5661
Fax: 6844 6916

President: Mark Higgs, Nakashima Certified Master ClubFitter
Email: mdhiggs@pacific.net.sg
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 pm

jaketang wrote:
nakashima.... hmmmm..

someone get me one of those....

i only wana drive 250m can liao...

Bro JT, if you want 250m, even my 905R also can lah... Some more used ones are reasonably priced Wink
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Nakashima driver at mark 850 SGD with shaft , n custom fit
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Nakashima driver at mark 850 SGD with shaft , n custom fit

Cannot be that good if I saw you testing new clubs.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Long but not Accurate but not forgiving at all ... i was testing not driver but the best loft for me because my last driver is TL-5 n i give back-spin with driver ....

thinking of changing
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Long but not Accurate but not forgiving at all ... i was testing not driver but the best loft for me because my last driver is TL-5 n i give back-spin with driver ....

thinking of changing

Well that makes no sense to me mate, how were you testing loft by hitting range balls, you need a launch monitor, I thought Mark would have done all that for you....
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 pm

one guy told me he was doing launch angle ..... advice me this club fitter i thought he was using the launch monitor like trackma but not ..... i didnt go mark because he was busy ....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
one guy told me he was doing launch angle ..... advice me this club fitter i thought he was using the launch monitor like trackma but not ..... i didnt go mark because he was busy ....

Not trying to diss you mate, but busy or not you need information like that you are not going to get it hitting range balls from level 2 of a driving range...
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm

U mean like launch angle , spin ? i did that yesterday at bigfish OCC ....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Awesome and the results were???? Did you get what you were looking for?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:48 pm

the nakasima was giving 3000 ++++ spin , launc angle 25 too high after we change to 10.5 we se have 2700 spin with 16.5 lauch was better
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Yep one of the Pro's there uses 11 deg and hits it miles. I have nvr hit balls at OCC but Laguna the balls are severly flight limited, very hard when coaching because the student hits a good shot but does not believe you because it goes nowhere... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:

i am shocked that Mark Higgs didnt go through the whole process of testing you on the launch monitor when he fitted you for the Nakashima driver.Exclamation

I have gone through one session with him just to get a replacement shaft for my driver and he was very very detailed.

My friend went to him also to get his driver shafted and he went through the same process with him too.

I am curious, what was his fitting process for you when he fitted you for the Naka driver??

I would expect him to spend more time with you (NAKASHIMA fitting) as compared to aftermarket shaft fitting???!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next