Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation

Go down 
+40
golfchowmk
Right_sided_coach
Ryan Lee
darenlim
Tituman
and68low
oned10t
ChrisD
billi
Turbo
eden
shorthitter
watermyforrest
yapeeguy
Quest
ironhead
shotah
slinger
ron81
JupJup
JonL_TK
Lamts18
RogY
Roystonnn
S70B
eiji
mojojojo
jaketang
chemicalpro
Duval_S
golf_nut
tronos
Cyp_PGA
SiNNeR
Technospaz
pocketace
Khorkar
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
peter.golfer
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:53 pm

actually i think hole 17 got downhill slope at about the 200m mark, so mayb the ball do roll quite a bit...... bunker right about 210-220m
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm

eden wrote:
I think there are many people that over-estimates their distance and sometimes it's just down to knowledge/ technology (lack of).

average has to include the bad shots as well as the good.
if the calculation does not include bad shots then similarly the freaky good shots must also not be taken into the calculation.
important is a good sample size or consistent method.

using the distance marker, sprinkler head and tee box also does not provide accurate assessment.

get a gps, range finder or maybe a trackman and see what is your (not directed at anyone) real average drive...not longest.

like what i have said before, i think most people are guilty of over-estimating.

*raises hand up* Im guilty Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:00 pm

i have seen guy with girlfriend at nsrcc range.

guy hit the ball....topped and ball rolled to slightly more than 130-150m range.

girlfriend said.."WOWmore than 200m drive!!!!"

boyfriend said.."no la...carry 180m, roll to 200m only la."

would you say that the girl was faking it to boast his ego??? ROFL
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:07 pm

eden wrote:

guy hit the ball....topped and ball rolled to slightly more than 130-150m range.

both pah jiao Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ryan Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ryan Lee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:13 pm

darenlim wrote:
eden wrote:

both pah jiao Shocked

they have estimation problem, 150m seen as 200.. so 3 inches seen as.. wahaha cyclops
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:32 pm

My Average around 260 meter now im using 2 driver 10.5 .... one ping g15 the other taylormade r9 .... n mark change my loft to 10.5 now .... this topic is going away .... it more abt me driving the ball then find gd driver.... if u doubt i will show u when i will come on one starry night or played with me .... or ask my coach
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm just curious CYP. Was that you testing Nike drivers at OCC a few weeks ago ( wearing orange pants) If so, the ball was definitely not going 260. More like 220. I also thought you hit draws, not block fades. Maybe it was a different guy that looked like you or maybe the nike driver not suited to your swing
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Hmmm....now i am having doubts... to the authenticity of the 260 to 290 m ! my hopes are crush,, to hit it long....
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:27 pm

If so I can so hit 300m.... Tim tee off shot was just beside my tee off shot when we played the last time at Kranji.

Note: I was playing hole 12 while he was playing hole 13. Hahaha I borrow his fairway and landed just beside him....
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
My Average around 260 meter now im using 2 driver 10.5 .... one ping g15 the other taylormade r9 .... n mark change my loft to 10.5 now .... this topic is going away .... it more abt me driving the ball then find gd driver.... if u doubt i will show u when i will come on one starry night or played with me .... or ask my coach

since you are not going to share how u hit 260m, maybe u lets us know who is your coach??? so i can take lesson from him or maybe he is a friend of mine also.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:51 pm

greg park he will tell u .... in answear of that nike demo i just try the nike but it didnt feel right at all first and the shaft to stiff n heavy for me ........ .... i dont care about my distance but my ball go in the hole BY SINKING THE PUT .... i just say what caddy and friends says abt my drives and track man of mark says .... i went tell u what i was thinking abt nakashima thats was all ... ask tim drive further than me or ask greg park definetly drive further than anyone i know ....the nike square head was very bad i could even been able to turn square the club head.....

Last edited by Cyp_PGA on Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

En passant ce qui est votre handicap de golf officiel? Et club di golf qui appartenez-vous?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm

my handicapt - 1.3 in legend ... im the men champion 2009 of legend golf country club....

im in intake PGA IGi to go through the pga traineeship
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
my handicapt - 1.3 in legend ... im the men champion 2009 of legend golf country club....

Thats tres impressionnant! heureux pour vous .
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm

thanks ... then all of u stop talking of my driving distance..... please thanks .... if u want play lower wont be the drive but the short game .....
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:26 pm

and68low wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

Thats tres impressionnant! heureux pour vous .

I am impressed, does your score include those that hit the flag..... oopsss... meow meow..... out of LV
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:32 pm

what flag , no gimme , ball got to sink in hole to put score and it never me marking but my friends or any guys i met on course or caddy? i practice 12 to 14 hour a day 10 hour on puting n chiping and hit 1000 ball a day

Last edited by Cyp_PGA on Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:42 pm

tai kwa chang laoi, i wish i can pratice 1 hour a day i very happy laoi.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Frankly, I am more impressed at Andrew's French...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:49 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Frankly, I am more impressed at Andrew's French...

Me too !!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm

me three.....tres bien andrew
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm

He he he ... iphone la, Hokkien i also can but wait kanna ban!!!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:33 pm

slinger wrote:
me three.....tres bien andrew

Partner!!! I am impressed too! (very good = tres bien)
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:02 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:

May I have a game with you? Hope to learn some things from u Smile
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:02 am

darenlim wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

May I have a game with you? Hope to learn some things from u Smile
Me too... How about next Saturday? TMCC Garden? I am willing to "sponsor" abit of the Green Fees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next