Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation

Go down 
+40
golfchowmk
Right_sided_coach
Ryan Lee
darenlim
Tituman
and68low
oned10t
ChrisD
billi
Turbo
eden
shorthitter
watermyforrest
yapeeguy
Quest
ironhead
shotah
slinger
ron81
JupJup
JonL_TK
Lamts18
RogY
Roystonnn
S70B
eiji
mojojojo
jaketang
chemicalpro
Duval_S
golf_nut
tronos
Cyp_PGA
SiNNeR
Technospaz
pocketace
Khorkar
mUAr_cHEe
jimmychoo
peter.golfer
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am

No matter which driver I change to, I still can't break the 200m border Mad
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 am

jimmychoo wrote:
No matter which driver I change to, I still can't break the 200m border Mad

JC , ming nian jiu hui de ... liang bai er shi wu mi yi shang ... Jia you jia you.. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010 and beyond
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:32 am

Hahaha... Can try these

1. Krank Golf (El Diablo Driver)
http://krankgolf.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

2. Works Golf (Hyper Blade Driver)
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Works-Golf-Hyper-Blade-Infinity-Hi-Cor-Driver
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:37 am

mojojojo wrote:
eiji wrote:
wow i wanna try G15 too! whose did you try mojojojo?

fm 1 of my friend. I try to get a 1 wk loan fm him. Will bring it down to Marina range but not tonite.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:19 am

Adams A4 9015D for the best value for money.

very good feedback at the WRX forum (thread is on 49 pages liao). 'Only' US$90-100 brand new on Ebay

Thinking of buying another 9.5 or 10.5 head (now $79.95 on Ebay). 8.5 too much for me
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks alots for the comments, i will need to go and try out some of them.
Merry X'mas and Happy New year to all!
Back to top Go down
JupJup
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
JupJup

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:44 pm

i'm sure bigfish can fix up something that will give you some thing extra forgiving and more distance....
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:48 pm

JupJup,

I went down on Tues evening about 5pm but it was so crowded. I don't even know who is the owner. Someone seems to be pulling out clubs to try, haha...must be a very friendly boss, i guess.

Yes, I will make arrangement to go down again, anyway it is very close to my house!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JupJup
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
JupJup

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:53 pm

The old guy with the spectacles is the boss, his name is eric ng, nice chap...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Folks who are looking for Adams Driver. Saw a 9015 and A40S with very good shaff combination iin GH in Suntec. Both going for 399 after discount.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Straight and Long drives, I will vote for Cobra ZL with BFG white shaft.. Seems to be a good combination to me, very stable and good ball flight..

Thanks to Ivan from OCC.. Hehehe.. I've learnt not to give up on the 1st few bad shots, use for bout 3 weeks and I see the full potential of the beast!!

Anyway I never stop to try new product, will be switching to Taylormade Type E soon.. Hehehe..
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Wats the difference between Type E and the other 460 n Max?
There are so many series.. so confusing for me neh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Check this out bro,

Taylormade Japan introduces the all new R9 Max Type E driver! The new USGA Conforming Type E features several design improvements over the best selling R9 Max released earlier this year. Customers gave TM Japan feedback that for the average golfer, the CG was too much towards the heel and the overall weight of the club was too high which prevented average swingers from gaining distance.

The Type E moves the CG more in line with the center of the face and deeper and lower. The overall club is stretched back and the face shallower with a larger sweet area. TM has removed the MWT weight in the back for a fixed weight that provides optimal CG. The new Type E with its CG placment and shallower face is designed to spin less than the previous R9 Max.

By reducing weight in all three parts of the club, the head, the shaft, and the grip. The 45.75" Type E is around 20g lighter than the R9 Max! (depending on flex of the shaft the difference in weight is even more). What this equals is increased swing speed and distance over the previous R9 Max.

The new R9 Max Type E like the previous R9 Max features Flight Control Technology (FCT) which lets the player adjust, face angle, loft and lie. A larger, more triangular high MOI shaped head for easy launch and maximum performance. The R9 Max Type E also features TM's Inverted Cone Technology milled directly to the inner side of the face which creates an expanded COR zone. The R9 Max Type also uses Ultra Thin Wall technology allowing for thinner club head walls for weight savings.

Anyway the only thing I can feel from the driver head is that the face is very thin, which makes me feel good somehow.. Hahaha... I switch completely from Taylormade to Titleist/Cobra, now I'm changing my driver back again to Taylormade, let's see how long I can last before I change to 909..
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:35 pm

could try ..... NAKASHIMA ... if u interested i can give u the number n address of the club fitter who do it but its pretty epensive 800 sgd but it give u at least 30 meter more
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:20 pm

okie... so basically, Type E is more forgiving ba. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Take NAKASHIMA GIVE ME 30 to 100 meter more ..... than any driver even R9 or ZL n D2
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Take NAKASHIMA GIVE ME 30 to 100 meter more ..... than any driver even R9 or ZL n D2

30m more I can believe but 100m more?? Wow!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 pm

wah.....100m more.......so imagine, Ernie uses this...he will be able to almost one on.

Asian Tour players.......you do not know the secret....we do now!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

if u seen him swing, i think he has potential, well worth the 800 bucks for him
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:

30-100m more......... affraid

think u shd join PGA right now before Tiger comes back

btw, why buy the Cobra ZL if the NAKA is so long for you..... if u have no use for it, can sell me for brother price...... can i also have your autograph too flower
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

No doubt that he has potential. I've seen him swing. I was about to alert the MBGC range management that their back fence may be torn from his shots.

But to see a 100m improvement is amazing!! I definitely have to see this driver.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 pm

my god.... 100M more?

CYP bro, u already driving in the region of 280m rite?
if 100m more, where's the fun? lolz...

scary.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

No doubt that he has potential. I've seen him swing. I was about to alert the MBGC range management that their back fence may be torn from his shots.

But to see a 100m improvement is amazing!! I definitely have to see this driver.

i think D_iceman also switch from a newly bought R9 to a Nakashima. So it must be quite a good driver, that said i might be buying the Monster, any review from u?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:08 pm

mayb its like the feel good factor remark lah....

fren 1: wow, so far

fren 2: ahbuten....

fren1: alamak, marker say 150mlah, not 250m, me cock eye

fren 2: confused
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:

In one way, you can say that Nakashima is a good driver, in another way, it may result that you are not a good golfer cos you can only hit with one type of driver... j/k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation   Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a driver that will give me extra distance, any recommendation
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next