Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round Empty
PostSubject: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 1:03 am

Hi Everybody

Am trying to collect score card however I'm playing 130 and above.
Just wondering how much are you guys playing before going for courtesy round so that I can set a target b4 going for CR
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 am

Where are u getting ur handicap from? Any restrictions? 

See extract below from NSRCC website as an example. But I'm not sure if they are really sticky about it cos I remember I have a card that's slightly above 120 and I'm still allowed to take the test. 

Before applying for courtesy round, members are required to submit **5 scorecards of 18 holes played at NSRCC each with a gross score of < 116 for men and < 120 for ladies. 
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Brendazhou

So u were playing about 11plus when u took your handicap?
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 am

as long as you can progress the ball and observe etiquette should be no problem. Unless damn jialat else don't think will fail. I think 9 holes cannot score more than 59 or something but they will give and take a bit one
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 am

Hi oldie-newbie

Thanks for the advise.
What about yourself? How much were u playing before u attempted the handical?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:14 pm

There is no hard & fast rules that the 5 score card must be of certain scores in order to qualify for a courtesy round.

after getting ur hcp, u have all the time & chance to gain more skill & experience to lower ur score n hcp index.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Willy is right. There is no hard and fast rule of a certain score to submit for CR. As long as you can airborne your ball and observe basic etiquette and rules, you should be fine. Rem, it is a courtesy round and not a handicap test. So there is no 9 hole below 59 kind of things. In fact, the most I think you will play is 3 holes.

Note, the score cards thT you submitted will be used to determine your handicap. Why 5 cards? Because this is the minimum no of cards that USGA will consider before granting a handicap.

All the best
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi All

Thank you very much for the information.
They are really useful.
Sorry for asking, is handicap 24 the highest a person can achieve
Since there is no min score require in the score card?
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

No. U can go until > 36 also possible. However most golf clubs have a rule that your hcp must be 24 and below before u can play on weekends. For ladies, it's < 36
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

A reference to ur question:

http://www.sga.org.sg/usga-handicap-system/

Hope it will help.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 am

skybobo wrote:
Willy is right. There is no hard and fast rule of a certain score to submit for CR. As long as you can airborne your ball and observe basic etiquette and rules, you should be fine. Rem, it is a courtesy round and not a handicap test. So there is no 9 hole below 59 kind of things. In fact, the most I think you will play is 3 holes.

Note, the score cards thT you submitted will be used to determine your handicap. Why 5 cards? Because this is the minimum no of cards that USGA will consider before granting a handicap.

All the best

mygolfkaki CR got score ceiling, i believe was 59 when I took my CR. We all played 9 holes.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:28 am

mitrex wrote:
Hi oldie-newbie

Thanks for the advise.
What about yourself? How much were u playing before u attempted the handical?

abt 120 - 130 plus minus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round   Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf score before going for handicap courtesy round
Page 1 of 1