Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Safra Handicap Courtesy Round

Go down 
+3
Gofnut
oldie-newbie
mitrex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  Empty
PostSubject: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello Golf Seniors

I am an amature recently retaking lesson after 2 years ago.
Can I just check with you guys if you know anything about courtesy round at Safra?

I heard and read alot about Safra maintains handicap at very affordable price, however I cannot find any information regarding the courtesy course in their website.

I am basically interested to know where is the CR Conducted,
The price for CR and if anybody can share the CR experience at Safra?

Thanks a lot in advance
Cheers
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:32 am

honestly after 15 months of attaining my handicap, it is completely useless and required only at MBGC. Other course in Singapore have never asked for it.

If really need I suggest getting one and maintaining from those Malaysia courses.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:24 am

We should remember that in order to obtain a handicap, the golfer in addition to showing he has attained elementary proficiency in the game, is also required to demonstrate he has understanding and knowledge of the basic rules, particularly on etiquette and course maintenance. These are necessary for safety and enjoyment of the game by all players. MBGC being a public course is naturally more stringent in enforcing this. As for the other clubs, the members are responsible for their guests' behaviour and in some clubs, the need for $ has resulted in lesser enforcement.
For the TS, I would suggest he contact Safra directly to enquire.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 10:44 am

One thing about Malaysia based handicap is you need to play in Malaysia courses to recognize scores. 

I have this problem now where my handicap which i renew every year for the past 7 years remain at 17 when i usually play around 80-81 (logically my hcp should be 9'ish). I usually play in MBGC, Batam rarely in JB. I need to get my hcp below 10 to participate in some legit tournaments to fulfill my 2016 golf goal!
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

Nice. Thanks alot bros for the help and advise.
Just called Safra and seems like they don't maintain handicap
Back to top Go down
izzx11
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:18 am

assume that u are talking abt NSRCC which understand they do maintain handicap, however it is only for their members i think.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 am

Yes, NSRCC does maintain ones handicap even if you are not one (need to be safra member at least) but you need to pay a fee annually. I have came across this announcement sometime ago. Need to check again.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 am

or perhaps you are asking about the SAFRA Golfing Section. In which case, you may need to join its membership.

http://www.safra.sg/en/Interest_Groups/Golfing-Section.aspx#.VqmKUKSqpBc

woohoo...magical 50 posts...but nothing to sell...
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Mitrex, you can check out MyGolfKaki if you have do not have any Singapore Golf Club membership.

http://www.mygolfkaki.com/Handicap.aspx

There are other non-estate golf clubs that you can consider for handicap maintenance purposes. 

http://golfingsg.com/
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi all golfing seniors

The informations are very useful.
After doing some research, decided to go with golf alliance or golf buddy as they seems the most economical, or maybe JT Golf culture.
Golf kakie requires ntuc membership, not very interested
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 pm

But golf kaki can play at occ on weekdays at almost the same rate as playing in MBGC. On weekend, golf kaki pays $120 but min 3 balls needed.
Back to top Go down
mitrex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Yeah bri Turbo. But sat usually i will head into JB with my colleagues. Handicap is more for coporate games as and went.
That's why I'm looking for the best option
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safra Handicap Courtesy Round    Safra Handicap Courtesy Round  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safra Handicap Courtesy Round
Page 1 of 1