Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is good & forgiving ladies driver?

Go down 
+23
jasGolf
flashpacker
Derek
enwee
haragolfer
Sean76
TaylorMadeKL
eden
mariateo
Nam Flog
Chunky Munky
jd8
slinger
goh.YF.52
mloy
Alv1ngoh
katherinechiok
superputt
swingandstroke
kissthegreen
vinjess
Turbo
stephtang23
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

best advice I think is from slinger, go try as many drivers as u can (from friends, demo days etc).
don't buy anything until u have found the "right" driver.

if u really need to buy a(ny) driver, just buy what u like (at least it looks good in your golf bag).

Peace
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Good advice from slinger and eden. Smile
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Not to add fuel to any fires here...

I was also fighting a slice after I switched from my old Cobra driver to a TM Stage 2...
Then backside itchy went to pick up a Cleveland Classic XL Custom and voila! Hitting it straighter than ever... Then I realized that it's becos the Cleveland was cut to 44.5"... Took a gamble and cut my Stage 2 to 45" and now hitting it straight and pretty long...
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:50 pm

vinjess wrote:
Maybe we shall just stop it here.

I agree with vinjess, let's stop here.

Those who want to help TS sincerely, do private pm.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:53 pm

I am a advocate of reducing driver shaft length. I play to 43.5' which is the same as most 3 woods. guess what, havent lost distance, in fact, trackman shows increased swing speed and lower backspin. 

and of course I hit the sweet spot on driver more often. that took some experiment to find a consistent tee height though.
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 pm

dear all golfing buddies, thanks for coming to the rescue. Stretcher   hahah! i am good. and i think my initial is ST.all constructive discussion are definitely welcome.  study

from this thread, i did manage to know a couple more stuff. thanks all. Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:50 pm

TaylorMadeKL wrote:

I was also fighting a slice after I switched from my old Cobra driver to a TM Stage 2...
Then backside itchy went to pick up a Cleveland Classic XL Custom and voila! Hitting it straighter than ever... Then I realized that it's becos the Cleveland was cut to 44.5"... Took a gamble and cut my Stage 2 to 45" and now hitting it straight and pretty long...
actually i am looking at cobra bio cell. tried and kinda like it.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:00 pm

stephtang23 wrote:
dear all golfing buddies, thanks for coming to the rescue. Stretcher   hahah! i am good. and i think my initial is ST.all constructive discussion are definitely welcome.  study

from this thread, i did manage to know a couple more stuff. thanks all. Cheers Jump

Hi Stephtang23, TS here means thread starter. Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm

stephtang23 wrote:
goh.YF.52 wrote:
Get back to the old driver better since it works
no distance... Sad its wilson staff. very very beginner set. too forgiving until no distance? im nt sure.
Let me see, u using a guy driver?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:48 pm

haragolfer wrote:
I am a advocate of reducing driver shaft length. I play to 43.5' which is the same as most 3 woods. guess what, havent lost distance, in fact, trackman shows increased swing speed and lower backspin. 

and of course I hit the sweet spot on driver more often. that took some experiment to find a consistent tee height though.

Bro ... I cut to 44.5 and grip down to 44 ... and you had to go one up and play 43.5 ... blarrdy hell!!!!

Like you, I am seeing benefits from a driver that is closer to a 3 wood length.  Also, recently I have benefitted from a heavier shaft that what I thought would be good for me.

However, we have both seen some of our friends benefit from longer, lighter drivers (I did too at one stage).

Slinger's advice is spot on, go and try until you find something that works for you.

His advice from another thread is even more spot on, go see a Golf Pro to diagnose what is the issue.

About 3 months ago, I went for 2 lessons in KL because I had no idea what was going wrong with my swing anymore.  I thought it was release issues + swing path + weight transfer ... etc etc etc

Turned out it was very much a setup issue, which was causing many of the rest of the compensations.  Lesson 1 sorted that out.  Lesson 2 was spent on short game (different ways to play shots).  It helped.  My ball striking improved and my duffs and shanks when pitching and chipping went away.  However, my putting is still atrocious but it is ok lah ... play once in a while ... what to expect

Not a surprise that I was not able to diagnose my own errors.  Very few can.

Enjoy the time talking about equipment and other stuff, it is definitely why we have such a nice community here.  Just keep in mind that if you swing better, you will enjoy your equipment more ...

I am pretty sure that for the better players in GR, even if you gave them a ladies set of clubs, they would still be able to shoot around or below 90, which is better than average.

Enjoy the arrows, but don't forget the indian needs to "go into cave for training" once in a while
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Try Cleveland drivers. 
I think most come with lightweight Miyazaki shafts. 
Should be easy to handle for beginners.
A 460cc head should be more forgiving than a 440cc head (smaller head).
You can try the Cleveland SL 270 (if I recall it's SL). It has a bigger head than it's cousin the TL310.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:40 pm

TaylorMadeKL wrote:

Hi TMKL,

Can you explain why shorten the shaft works for you to cure your slice? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:29 pm

any opinion on COBRA bio cell ladies driver?
Back to top Go down
jasGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasGolf

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 am

Never seen a good and forgiving lady driver...

Pls dont whack me if it sound so wrong .. Wink
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:22 am

stephtang23 wrote:
A friend just bought one recently from Toa Payoh range. 
You better try it there to see whether you like the feel.
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 6:34 am

Nam Flog wrote:
TaylorMadeKL wrote:

Hi TMKL,

Honestly, I have no idea... Maybe some of the experts here can explain why?

I just know it worked for me. Now all my drivers are max 45" long...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:20 am

stephtang23 wrote:
4 of my female friends re gaming w this brand and also AMP Cell.
Their comments, 'Good...' and 'not bad'. Wink
Well, you gotta give it a try still at either MST & TPY. Smile
Back to top Go down
KY787
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 am

Nam Flog wrote:
TaylorMadeKL wrote:

Hi TMKL,

Perhaps the driver head is swinging down faster than your body rotation, which reduces the slicing effect...

Saw on some golf channel lesson that you need to slow down your body rotation and let the arms swing faster and that would fix your slice.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:20 am

Go to Takashimaya golf section and try. They have an excellent collection of brands and ladies clubs with an indoor range for testing. Find one that suits your swing and that you like the feel. For me, the sound and feel of the head are the first characteristics that I will look out for first. Shaft can always change later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is good & forgiving ladies driver?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3