Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?

Go down 
+4
aze06
Vinny
nutty88
ren
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ren
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 am

Hello everyone, has anyone here used the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full set club before? I'm thinking of getting a set of clubs for my gf whos learning to play right now. And what's the rough price for the brand new set or whats a fair price for a used set? I'm also concerned if she will out grow this set very quickly if she gets hooked to the game eventually. Right now she has only attended 1 lesson and the ball barely flies if she makes contact. I read that the set includes 5-9i, 4h, 3/5w, driver, putter and bag.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 am

No point really. I feel that it is too early to even consider buying a set of clubs since she has only attended 1 lesson thus far. You should let her finish her lessons and then gauge her interest level before deciding on next steps. Think she would prefer you buy a Prada or LV bag (just kidding).
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:52 am

nutty88 wrote:
No point really. I feel that it is too early to even consider buying a set of clubs since she has only attended 1 lesson thus far. You should let her finish her lessons and then gauge her interest level before deciding on next steps. Think she would prefer you buy a Prada or LV bag (just kidding).

+1 agree. 

It's still too early to invest in a set of irons let alone a complete set with bag ~ just makes lugging the bag around a chore.....  It would be more advisable to gauge her progress and inclination towards this game after she completes the lesson package (same goes to newbie golfers who've just started on lessons).

No offense to the ladies but its apparent that ladies are less chronic / hardcore than guys when it comes to sports ~ I may be wrong where your gf is concerned.

Anyway, enjoy the game while the interest last Beer
Back to top Go down
ren
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm thinking of a second hand set instead of a brand new one. And she says she likes golf thus far. And I think having her own set will spike her interest and she can practice on them in between lessons. More practice=get better=like game more. She decided to pick up golf because she wanted to be able to accompany me and play together. I saw a 2nd hand lynx tigress set going for only 280. Seems cheap to me in absolute terms, but wanted to make sure I'm paying at good value as well. That's the reason why I'm asking if this set is any good. And the retail selling price.
Back to top Go down
ren
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Yea and I don't expect her to become very hardcore. That's y I'm thinking of getting her this beginners set (or any other ladies full set) vs. building a set for her.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 pm

It's good to share a common interest / hobby ~ guys who are married may share a different view (I'm not even going to go down that road).......ROFL 

Well, if $280 is a fair sum for relationship investment ~ sure beats a Prada, Gucci & etc.....

Happy Golfing Swing
Back to top Go down
ren
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks. But have u heard of this brand? Like is this some kind of cheapo brand? And do the clubs they make suck?
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm

No personal experience with the Lynx set but it could be a tad heavier and stiffer than the Japanese ladies set. To sustain your gf interest in golf, I would reckon that the club needs to feel "right" for her.
Bring her down to Creative Golf or FESC and jalan jalan around...

I agree with bros here that you don't need a full set for her.
My wife took lessons and got interested in the game... I bought her a nice Bridgestone ladies iron set + separate driver/ woods etc etc...(big mistake!!) and we went to play a few rounds together....
In the end, she only ended up using 7i, P and putter!

My 2c worth...
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

lol! 
No personal experience with the Lynx set but it could be a tad heavier and stiffer than the Japanese ladies set. To sustain your gf interest in golf, I would reckon that the club needs to feel "right" for her.

+1 Agree. 

Lynx is reputed for heavy and stiff equipment, used to own a set previously and gave up on it as its more suited to the bigger built Caucasians....... If you really want to sustain your gf's interest in this game, it'll be good to look into something (Japanese) light and friendly for a beginner golfer let alone a lady golfer. 

Heading down to FESC & Creative Joe is good for retail therapy ~ goes down well with the ladies as well. Somehow foresee this journey will inevitably end up in the golf apparel section (doesn't matter if cannot hit ball properly so long as you look and feel a million dollars) Superman lol!
Back to top Go down
ren
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 pm

hahaha thanks for all the comments bros. looks like i wont be going for this set. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
hock_leng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 pm

ren wrote:
Hello everyone, has anyone here used the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full set club before? I'm thinking of getting a set of clubs for my gf whos learning to play right now. And what's the rough price for the brand new set or whats a fair price for a used set? I'm also concerned if she will out grow this set very quickly if she gets hooked to the game eventually. Right now she has only attended 1 lesson and the ball barely flies if she makes contact. I read that the set includes 5-9i, 4h, 3/5w, driver, putter and bag.

Last edited by hock_leng on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ahhoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Ren,
Just bought a set of the Maruman Figaro Paris for my wife and she loves it ..... from Transview.
The clubs are very forgiving which is good for beginner especially the irons which is designed like a hybrid .....
Happy Golfings 2gether!
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Hihi
I am using a Lynx set from GD while bought the wife a Maruman Figao as the other Bro...mine obviously cost many times cheaper lol.  Also she bought loads of apparels...look good and feel good mentality.  And the best thing, this is the only sport that both of us can participate and enjoy together. The "enjoy" bit depends whether we had a good or horrid game lol
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Looking to get my wife a new set of irons to replace her old set of mizuno. Saw recommendations here to go down to FESC. Is there any shops that carries a good range of ladies clubs there to look at?

Thanks for any advise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?   Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Lynx Tigress Ladies Full Set Clubs any good?
Page 1 of 1