Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?

Go down 
+7
fredc
enwee
scottycollector
Najibapark
Turbo
simon1982
syong
11 posters
AuthorMessage
syong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? Empty
PostSubject: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 am

Hullo!

I'm new at golf and have gotten myself a beginner set but am not very happy with it already.

Will be heading to the US soon and am thinking of getting some of my oft-used clubs from the US (heard it's cheaper there).

The main clubs I'm looking at - Driver, Rescue, 7-Iron, PW.

I'm however, not sure which brands to look at? And the corresponding price points in SG?

Also would be great if I can get advice on whether I should have my clubs made to measure (given I'm only a newbie - 3 months at golf)? Or just get them off the rack?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 am

I think you can just get a used set first or check out the marketplace.
Since you have the beginner set, you are unhappy with the set how it perform or looking to upgrade?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am

The ladies' Burner/RBZ or Callaway game improvements irons are very user-friendly. It would be great if you can find Japanese brand like Maruman in US used market. The Maruman is equally user-friendly and also it would not burn a big hole in your pocket ...

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:52 am

I bought my wife a Maruman whole set velocity (Driver, putter, woods, irons) all at about S$500+ to S$600 brand new.
Back to top Go down
syong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm

simon1982 wrote:
I think you can just get a used set first or check out the marketplace.
Since you have the beginner set, you are unhappy with the set how it perform or looking to upgrade?

Simon1982, I'm both unhappy with the set and looking to upgrade. My Driver is not very nice to use (compared to my instructor's) and so is my Rescue. Overall, I find my beginner set rather heavy and unwieldy at times. But since I've limited cash, I thought I'll just change my Driver, Woods and Rescue first. Still ok with my Irons.
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:36 pm

I think you can try going to Far east shopping centre for your selection of your clubs. Used one there and sometimes very good condition.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I think you should test out the clubs in US then decide! Taylormade, Callaway have quite a range of ladies clubs! Adams hybrids are good too
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm

if u r going to US, then u should be looking at Taylormade, Callaway and Adams.

Dont think u will be able to find brands like Maruman. even if u do, it will not be cheaper than in Singapore

one thing to note is that the clubs in US will be made for caucasian women, so they are typically heavier and stiffer and longer than a Japan-spec club eg. Mizuno / Maruman. If u are slightly built, then US brands may not be suitable for u, esp if u are a beginner.

I know cos my wife has tried clubs from Callaway n Taylormade when we were living in the UK. In the end, nothing beats the Mizuno Efil set that i bought her in Singapore

Back to top Go down
syong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 pm

scottycollector wrote:
if u r going to US, then u should be looking at Taylormade, Callaway and Adams.

Dont think u will be able to find brands like Maruman. even if u do, it will not be cheaper than in Singapore

one thing to note is that the clubs in US will be made for caucasian women, so they are typically heavier and stiffer and longer than a Japan-spec club eg. Mizuno / Maruman. If u are slightly built, then US brands may not be suitable for u, esp if u are a beginner.

I know cos my wife has tried clubs from Callaway n Taylormade when we were living in the UK. In the end, nothing beats the Mizuno Efil set that i bought her in Singapore

Thank you! I actually volunteered at the recent HSBC Women's Golf Championship and noted that many of the golfers were using Taylormade drivers, including the small and petite Korean players. But will definitely try out the clubs to determine their suitability.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 pm

get xhot.........really hot.
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Is the callaway x hot ladies driver available in Singapore?
If it is, I would be keen to get that for my wife.
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:32 pm

fredc wrote:
Is the callaway x hot ladies driver available in Singapore?
If it is, I would be keen to get that for my wife.

I saw xhot ladies driver at Isetan Shaw. Pink essence instead of red.
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

It depends on your built and current strength actually... My daughter is 13 yrs old and using the RAZR X men regular irons and TM burner superfast 2.0 driver & woods. She previously used Mizuno Efin, however, passed it on to her younger sister (12yrs).

I guess her strength and speed developed significantly after the change. Her driver carry distance average 160-170m and I've seen rolls up to 190m - 200m. It's amazing how kids are nowadays... her 6 iron is about 120m. The interesting part is that she just started playing last year :-D.

This is her with her driver, during a trip to Finna Golf club last month.

Last edited by battousai on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Sorry to hijack! How much was the xhot for ladies and regular mens?
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Najibapark wrote:
Sorry to hijack! How much was the xhot for ladies and regular mens?

I think it's 379 for both adies and men for us spec, and j spec bout 469 with a softer shaft.
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:07 pm

simon1982 wrote:
I bought my wife a Maruman whole set velocity (Driver, putter, woods, irons) all at about S$500+ to S$600 brand new.

Hi,may i know where u got the set from for your wife?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm

my wife was trying out the maruman and yonex. dont remember the exact model but very good feedback on these 2 brand clubs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?   Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which (Ladies) Golf Clubs to Get?
Page 1 of 1