Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is good & forgiving ladies driver?

Go down 
+23
jasGolf
flashpacker
Derek
enwee
haragolfer
Sean76
TaylorMadeKL
eden
mariateo
Nam Flog
Chunky Munky
jd8
slinger
goh.YF.52
mloy
Alv1ngoh
katherinechiok
superputt
swingandstroke
kissthegreen
vinjess
Turbo
stephtang23
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 am

As mentioned earlier, more than 90% of the time, it is the Indian's problem and not the arrow ... This is especially true for social golfers with double digit handicaps ...
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 am

Turbo wrote:
As mentioned earlier, more than 90% of the time, it is the Indian's problem and not the arrow ... This is especially true for social golfers with double digit handicaps ...

Same thinking Turbo. That's Y I still have such problem!
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:29 am

Turbo wrote:
ya i am social golfer with double digit hcps. thats why even i buy the best clubs i also will slice or top the ball.  cuz its always golfer's problem.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:37 am

stephtang23 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
ya i am social golfer with double digit hcps. thats why even i buy the best clubs i also will slice or top the ball.  cuz its always golfer's problem.

Like that I die.... HCP 24 always play 12++...... Think I must have a pair of PGA player's hand for me to play well.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:39 am

Agree with superputt...no point buying endless amount of drivers and find out it does not suit you. It will be an expensive driver hunt.

I had a Ladies Cobra S1, stock shaft (that was many moons ago). A good driver. After about a year the shaft was too whippy for me. I decided to change the shaft instead of looking for other drivers.
Went to the club fitter and got myself fitted. Till now my driver is custom fitted. Smile
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 am

stephtang23 wrote:
Alv1ngoh wrote:
Theoretically, higher lofts and lower spinning drivers should help you reduce the slice though won't entirely eradicate the problem. You probably have to get a professional to check your grip, ball position and shoulders position.
thanks. i agree. i think there is something with my grip too. i needed to hold my RBZ SL club face close and reduce swing speed to make it go straight.

You know what.  After reading your posts, I don't think it's the driver fault.  It's your swing.  You don't even know how to grip properly.  Don't spend any money on other clubs to fix your problem.   Spend your money on Golf Lessons.  It's far cheaper. 

BTW I had the original RBZ, not the Stage 2.  This one:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/golf/www/release/sites/default/files/article_images/TaylorMade-RoketBallz-Driver_640.jpg
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 am

superputt wrote:
stephtang23 wrote:
Alv1ngoh wrote:
Theoretically, higher lofts and lower spinning drivers should help you reduce the slice though won't entirely eradicate the problem. You probably have to get a professional to check your grip, ball position and shoulders position.
thanks. i agree. i think there is something with my grip too. i needed to hold my RBZ SL club face close and reduce swing speed to make it go straight.

You know what.  After reading your posts, I don't think it's the driver fault.  It's your swing.  You don't even know how to grip properly.  Don't spend any money on other clubs to fix your problem.   Spend your money on Golf Lessons.  It's far cheaper. 

BTW I had the original RBZ, not the Stage 2.  This one:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/golf/www/release/sites/default/files/article_images/TaylorMade-RoketBallz-Driver_640.jpg
sold the old one already. didnt had this problem when i use wilson staff and mizuno. so i find it strange. anyway thanks.
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am

Get back to the old driver better since it works
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:47 am

Well, most pros changed more clubs than they changed coaches. Is the promised accuracy and distance they get from new clubs helps, or the bad memories from old clubs erased? Maybe sponsers decision
There is nothing wrong for blaming your equipment if you trust your swing. It means you believe you are able to do it and you are confidence about it. A mistake could be a human error that no one is perfect as 1mm mishit or a 1* open at impact could multiples when both happen together. When so many variables could affect the result, a 1% off in every variables could result in a undesired ballflight. There are pros with a horrendous swing and hack golfers with a good-looking swing.
Equipment and swing changes goes hand in hand. For example, if your coach prefer you to have a less upright posture, naturally you need a flatter lie angle.
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 am

stephtang23 wrote:
Alv1ngoh wrote:
Did I read this correctly? reduce swing speed? affraid
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 am

katherinechiok wrote:
stephtang23 wrote:
Alv1ngoh wrote:
Did I read this correctly? reduce swing speed?

yes u did read correctly about the reduce swing speed.....

can tell your BVA sister to reduce swing speed leh.... NO MORE KAKIS LIAO!?!!!
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:48 pm

goh.YF.52 wrote:
Well, most pros changed more clubs than they changed coaches. Is the promised accuracy and distance they get from new clubs helps, or the bad memories from old clubs erased? Maybe sponsers decision
There is nothing wrong for blaming your equipment if you trust your swing. It means you believe you are able to do it and you are confidence about it. A mistake could be a human error that no one is perfect as 1mm mishit or a 1* open at impact could multiples when both happen together. When so many variables could affect the result, a 1% off in every variables could result in a undesired ballflight. There are pros with a horrendous swing and hack golfers with a good-looking swing.
Equipment and swing changes goes hand in hand. For example, if your coach prefer you to have a less upright posture, naturally you need a flatter lie angle.
thanks!
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:03 pm

hey i thought this is a friendly golf forum where people who are interested in golf can get some help by posting questions, but it doesnt seems to be it. "rotten eggs in the basket"

im just someone who has just started golfing and i dont have a coach so i cant go crying to someone for help when i slice. This is the first time i am experiencing slicing, prior 2 experiences /drivers was definitely fine. if you dont like what you are reading on this thread or you find that its TOO BORING because "HERE WE GO AGAIN SOMEONE IS SAYING THAT THEY ARE SLICING", then i suggest you dont read and skip this thread. rather than giving some sarcastic unhelpful remarks. common' does it make your day? why not u go play for PGA or LPGA and gain some more joy?

i am new, and i do understand that having problems with my swing is totally normal here, i needa quote what GOH YF 52 mentioned which agree "here is nothing wrong for blaming your equipment if you trust your swing." 

im asking for help for opinions on a forgiving driver. i didnt created this thread to show off or brag about how wonderful i am, so dont come be a big bully and create unwanted attention.
Back to top Go down
swingandstroke
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
swingandstroke

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Maybe reducing swing speed is not the correct term?

I can somehow relate though. When I was using my RBZ stage 2 (global reg flex 46"), I hit it a lot better if I take it easy with the swing tempo. I will hook it if I don't. With my current 913d2 driver (also 50g reg flex but 45"), I can go a little harder at it.
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 pm

swingandstroke wrote:
Maybe reducing swing speed is not the correct term?

I can somehow relate though. When I was using my RBZ stage 2 (global reg flex 46"), I hit it a lot better if I take it easy with the swing tempo. I will hook it if I don't. With my current 913d2 driver (also 50g reg flex but 45"), I can go a little harder at it.
thanks. dunno what other PROFESSIONAL golf terms i should use to convey the message. Smile
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Several friends of mine are using Ena Superlight. The club face is closed at address, so it may help your slice. However, being a ladies club, the shaft is whippy. You can try this driver at Isetan before you decide to buy.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:25 pm

My girlfriend has recently started playing and she has been using some of my old equipment. Last week I passed her my Ping G15 10.5 and almost immediately she started launching it nice and straight - her distance will improve with time I'm sure. Stephtan23 - your original question was "What is good & forgiving ladies driver?". My answer would be to go and pick up a G15/G20 (prob for between $150-$200) and try it. Both clubs take forgiveness to a whole new level for ladies/men...everyone - hit it pretty much anywhere on the face and the ball will land within a 10 yard window (just hopefully straight Wink). Amazing what that confidence can help with! Only negative I have is that it's not adjustable Smile
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 pm

stephtang23 wrote:
hey i thought this is a friendly golf forum where people who are interested in golf can get some help by posting questions, but it doesnt seems to be it. "rotten eggs in the basket"

im just someone who has just started golfing and i dont have a coach so i cant go crying to someone for help when i slice. This is the first time i am experiencing slicing, prior 2 experiences /drivers was definitely fine. if you dont like what you are reading on this thread or you find that its TOO BORING because "HERE WE GO AGAIN SOMEONE IS SAYING THAT THEY ARE SLICING", then i suggest you dont read and skip this thread. rather than giving some sarcastic unhelpful remarks. common' does it make your day? why not u go play for PGA or LPGA and gain some more joy?

i am new, and i do understand that having problems with my swing is totally normal here, i needa quote what GOH YF 52 mentioned which agree "here is nothing wrong for blaming your equipment if you trust your swing." 

im asking for help for opinions on a forgiving driver. i didnt created this thread to show off or brag about how wonderful i am, so dont come be a big bully and create unwanted attention.
Well, without looking at your swing, the only tip you can get here is get a coach. Other tips may just hurt you more than help you. But, there is always a self cure. In your arsenal of shots throughout the 14clubs in your bag, there should be a shot where you can always square the club properly, at least with the putter.For example, if you gonna hit a putt 50 yards away, how are you going to move without duffing it. See, you get a shot where you can strike it perfectly. From there you can progress to your wedges, irons, wood, driver. It is also a preshot drill I use, where my clubhead never go pass my waist level back and thru like hitting a 50yard putt, sort of getting a wide arc.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:05 pm

stephtang23 wrote:

Sorry....
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi have u considered playing without a driver? After I left my driver at home for the past 2 months, my scores have improve by about 5 to 6 strokes on ave per game. Food for thought I guess.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:33 pm

dear TS,

if I offended you in any way... I offer my sincere apology, sometimes I never checked up on my lao-jiao attitude, again my apologies

but ponder this:

1) A say driver V is good ( A have in-out swing)
2) B say driver W is good (B has out-in swing)
3) C say driver X is good (C likes to come in shallow)
4) D say driver Y is good (D comes in steep)
5) E say driver Z is good (E has 3/4 swing)

needless to say, u have a few choices but which is ideal for u? everyone above all say good....

ultimately... u will base your driver purchase on some stranger in the forum which u dun even know and has yet to see you swing a golf club

would that make u think u made a sound purchase?

all of us have our unique swing, as u can see from the 5 examples..... u will have your own swing characteristics, what works for them might not work for u

if u manage to match that driver.... good for u

but what if it din.... spending a fair bit of $$$ is actually the less of your problem, but the wasted time u work at the range or on the course, coupled by a good measure of frustration is the big ticket, if every failed driver cost u 3 months of your time, imagine what no.5 driver set u back

let me throw another variable into the works.... maybe the time u switched from your old driver to your current TM, u manage to develop some bad habits in your swing that cost u to slice, u might overswing n cast the driver in your bid to chase distance (speculation only), so in actual fact, there's nothing wrong with the TM driver

but u will never know n that will keep u looking for the next ideal driver 

this is where I am driving at.... based on personal experience

my advise:

u mentioned your friend mizuno driver.... why not u jio your friend to a range session to test the driver, if it works out, go golf house nn buy

alternatively, jio some like-minded golfers friend of yours (preferably those with a keen eye) to a range session n ask them for their advise... even a pro cant advise u without looking at your swing

or check for demo days at the range.... callaway, titleist and TM, they all have demo days, try as many configuration u like

peace hor.....
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Maybe we shall just stop it here.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:25 am

Hi steph... Ladies to ladies.... Equipment aside. I have been thru your problem before. Bought all the new drivers on the market. Nothing works. Even tips from single hcp didn't work. L L.... Went back to my coach. And my old driver.... T.T 

Now, my driver is straighter and further. Just wish it will roll more. And I can putt better... But that needs hard work on my part. 

To the others.... No offense. Jus my personal experience.
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Hi have u considered playing without a driver? After I left my driver at home for the past 2 months, my scores have improve by about 5 to 6 strokes on ave per game. Food for thought I guess.
hi there. only did driver a couple of months back. i was phobia of it, thought it was long and heavy. and was only using 5w. now after getting used to it. am so much better. Smile #justhitlah
thanks for the opinion! Smile
Back to top Go down
stephtang23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
stephtang23

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

goh.YF.52 wrote:
Get back to the old driver better since it works
no distance... Sad its wilson staff. very very beginner set. too forgiving until no distance? im nt sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is good & forgiving ladies driver?   What is good & forgiving ladies driver? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is good & forgiving ladies driver?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next