Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf GPS range finder advice

Go down 
+6
angeldogleslie
oldie-newbie
Kaii
pug
Golfish
Brenttay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenttay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS range finder advice Empty
PostSubject: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

I want to buy a GPS. Anyone selling? Used is ok. Need advice too
Back to top Go down
http://Www.urbaninline.com.sg
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm

My friend selling his minty garmin S4 if you are interested. 
$260. All gps devices have about the same accuracy since same reading from satellite. 
Google and have a read on the S4. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Brenttay wrote:
Why not try FreeCaddie on your smartphone first and see if you like it. Golfshot provides free trial as well. I used to own a sonacaddie and find it a hassle to charge the GPS device every 2 rounds and rely on a Bushnell range finder these days. One battery is enough to last me several months and I keep a spare in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 am

voice caddie vc300 is less than $200, clip on your cap .
I use the older model vc200 . 28k + courses
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 am

I own a VC300 that gives distance to front, center and back of the green, and measure distance of shot. Promo now only $159.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 am

pug wrote:
Brenttay wrote:
Why not try FreeCaddie on your smartphone first and see if you like it. Golfshot provides free trial as well. I used to own a sonacaddie and find it a hassle to charge the GPS device every 2 rounds and rely on a Bushnell range finder these days. One battery is enough to last me several months and I keep a spare in the bag.

I have downloaded GolfShot and looking at the MBGC details, the yardages does not seem to line up with the course map on MBGC website.
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angeldogleslie

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am

I used to use a Garmin S3 but figured that i didnt like to wear a watch while golfing, so that is my personal preference.  Now i am using golfshot on my phone, which is slightly better. However, that also means, i'll have to walk around the course with my bulky note 2 in my pocket. 

Use whatever you feel comfortable with and best fits your budget. The market is flooded with a wide varieties of peripherals and golfers are getting it easier than before. I have summarised into 3 categories for you.

Relatively Inexpensive but does the job well
a. Golfshot
b. Free apps on your phone

Got budget to spare but also does the job well
a. Garmin GPS devices/Wearables
b. Voice Caddy/Golf buddy etc

Wants the best performance and have the budget 
a. Laser Slope Rangefinders
b. Normal Laser Rangefinders
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I was Bushnell Neo XS.. so far have found that it is really good. Did compare it on MBGC buggy GPS.. difference by ~1m (the watch is 1m less) and it will also tell you up to 4 hazard range and range to clear water hazard. I also have a Bushnell V3 range finder... which I use previously before the watch.

The GPS is more for connivence, while the rangefinder is good for attacking the flag. What I find a problem with the rangefinder are

1) If I cannot see target.. I cannot find the distance
2) If buggy on track, and I forget to bring it along with the clubs to the ball..
3) bulky.. in certain sense vs the watch
Back to top Go down
Brenttay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Anyone wanna sell me something?
Back to top Go down
http://Www.urbaninline.com.sg
mtheseira
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:04 pm

I have a Voice Caddie T1 watch, excellent condition, contact me at 9626 5763 if keen, tnks!
Back to top Go down
kim001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Selling my Leupold range finder:
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t28176-wts-used-leupold-gx1-range-finder
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Google Glass with New GolfSight GPS Rangefinder

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11349783.htm
Back to top Go down
lixxi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi pple
Would like to check if the phone gps apps work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS range finder advice   Golf GPS range finder advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf GPS range finder advice
Page 1 of 1