Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iamcaddie golf range finder

Go down 
+21
eiji
mUAr_cHEe
hkhamateur
TDO
Derek
Slicer51
NikeN
samT
3131T
ahnah
pug
hardrock
pippin
Suzuki
jeffman88
sob
enwee
bumperbees
morganoh
FD448
simplejuan
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
simplejuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
simplejuan

iamcaddie golf range finder Empty
PostSubject: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Look what you can get for only 159 SGD.

portable golf range finder!
-driving/shot distance
-distance to the center of the green

check em out at www.iamcaddie.com.sg

Other features:

-Multicolor Covers Available (Four Color Cover)

-Up to 13 hours battery life

-9 Different Languages to Choose From (English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French, Dutch, German, and Italian)

-Changeable voice (Male/Female)

-48,900 Golf Courses Around the World and 27,000 Golf Clubs (Lifetime Free Download)

-Comes with a free Ball Marker, Silicon rain cover, pouch, charger.

Picture of iamcaddie and all the accessories.
iamcaddie golf range finder Inside16

Front view plus interchangeable front cover.
iamcaddie golf range finder Inside17

Back view plus the free ball marker
iamcaddie golf range finder Inside18

Silicon cover for rain protection
iamcaddie golf range finder Inside19

Charger plus the free pouch
iamcaddie golf range finder Inside20

All these in one box.
Check their website / online store
www.iamcaddie.com.sg

Enjoy your GAME! Very Happy

Cheers! cheers

Back to top Go down
simplejuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
simplejuan

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Gadget Review - I’m-caddie
by TC Tan

I’m Caddie comes in a nice box.The device is circular at 4.5cm
diameter and 1cm thick. It is packaged in a good rubber protection with a regular golf ball
marker next to it.The package includes a user guide and
provides a one year warranty for the device. There is an AC power adapter with micro USB
cable to charge the device. A rain proof plastic casing is included to protect the device during
rain. The device comes with a black cover plate and also 3 other color plates are provided -
silver, yellow and orange. A black travel pouch is included to put everything in for overseas
golfing.
The gadget uses Global Positioning Satellites ( GPS) to determine distances in the golf courses.

NSRCC Changi -Airforce Course 18 holes 15 jun 2012

The product is compact and clip easily on the golf cap with a golf ball marker provided that you
can use when on the putting green. After charging the device for a full charge, I turned it on at
the golf course and it lets it search for the GPS satellite. It takes slightly more than 10 mins to
provide a lock-in but it quickly informs me automatically that I am about 70m to the 1st tee as we
drove the buggy towards the course 1st tee. I set the audio to maximum and the lady’s voice is
loud and clear where my buggy mate can listen to it too.
At the first tee, press the button once give the distance directly to the center of the green. press
and hold for 2 secs and the audio indicates that you will be measuring shot distance. After tee
off and standing at the ball where it lands on the fairway and pressing and hold for 2 secs again
will give you the distance that you have hit. At the same time it will give you the distance to go
the to the center of the green. The shot distance feature is a very useful and I used it a lot to
gauge my tee off and iron club distance especially for the short game.
At the subsequent tee boxes, the device will automatically recognises the course holes numbers
accordingly. The device is very simple to operate and easy to use with good audio clarity.
On relative accuracy of the device, I used the Golf rangefinder Apps on iPhone and Samsung
galaxy 3 as comparison for the distance measurements. The distance measured between these
Apps and the device is about 2m difference.These Apps have the maps of the course and some
may find it good but carrying this with you all the time and turning it on and off may be a chore.
Battery life lasted through the 18 holes for a full charge. i did not recharged before the next 18
holes.

Raffles Country Club - Lake Course 18 holes 17 Jun 2012

At RCC, it takes about 9mins to lock into the satellite upon turning on and recognise the Lake
course 1st tee automatically.
On relative accuracy of the device, I used the fairway markers on the RCC ground to the center
of green to compare with the device at three locations and again these are between 1 to 3m
difference. RCC markers have front, center and back distance to green.
Again, the shot distance measurement is a great feature to get exact distance of your clubs and
allow you to improve your game with quarter, half, full swing and distance correlation.

Summary
The gadget is easy to use and will help you enjoy your golf game while reducing a few strokes.
The audio and hands-free feature is a great help compared to using an apps on a smartphone.
Just make sure you charge it fully and turn it on at least 10-15 mins before you go to the first tee
box.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Nice! Im loving it!!!!
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:35 pm

I bought one too.

its the cheapest GPS avalible in the market.

only one problem.

When I play in Kranji after the 9th hole and drive to 10 hole, it cannot recognize the number 10 hole.

But thats just the 1st time using, I will try again next time and hopefully everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down
bumperbees
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bumperbees

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Just got 1 today, will be trying it out at Kranji on Fri.
It's the cheapest in the market and have heard good comment from ppl using it.
Looking forward to try it out.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm

The only problem with my caddie is that if you are laying up, it cannot tell you how far are you from eg bunker or water hazard.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

enwee wrote:
The only problem with my caddie is that if you are laying up, it cannot tell you how far are you from eg bunker or water hazard.

You are so right!
No front or back pin only middle of green.
Back to top Go down
bumperbees
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bumperbees

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Yes i agree with what you guys have said but look at the price point as compare to others similiar devices which selling at least higher than 200+.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Looks like a good buy... v tempting... Twisted Evil
so asides from price savings what are other pros and cons compared w voice caddie, assumng voice caddie is defacto market leader?? (correct me if i am wrong) ?

can voice caddie do all the things that u say i'm caddie cannot do like what our bros enwee n morganoh are saying eg...

enwee wrote:

morganoh wrote:
When I play in Kranji after the 9th hole and drive to 10 hole, it cannot recognize the number 10 hole.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
Looks like a good buy... v tempting... Twisted Evil
so asides from price savings what are other pros and cons compared w voice caddie, assumng voice caddie is defacto market leader?? (correct me if i am wrong) ?

can voice caddie do all the things that u say i'm caddie cannot do like what our bros enwee n morganoh are saying eg...

enwee wrote:

morganoh wrote:
if I'm not wrong they come from the same factory. You go online check the website, their available courses for both. They look similar.... Smile. Even the packaging looks the same, except the I'm caddie can change color.
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Also if you hit and borrow fairway, when you walk to the next fairway, they cannot register the distance anymore. For example, you playing hole 9 and your ball fade to hole one fairway, you walk to hole one fairway to take your second shot, the caddie cannot read the distance from your position the the pin of hole 9.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 pm

enwee wrote:

if I'm not wrong they come from the same factory. You go online check the website, their available courses for both. They look similar.... Smile. Even the packaging looks the same, except the I'm caddie can change color.

hmmm meaning Voice Caddie is OEM and I'm Caddie After Market ah?? lol!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
enwee wrote:

hmmm meaning Voice Caddie is OEM and I'm Caddie After Market ah?? lol!
i think so....because recently someone I know bought a voice caddie....look exactly like the i'm caddie.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:05 pm

I've got a piece of this!

I love it's look n functionality. Easy to use n very helpful on course.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 pm

pippin wrote:
I've got a piece of this!

I love it's look n functionality. Easy to use n very helpful on course.

You so high tech..
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 am

Check out the review of Voice Caddie here http://www.mygolfspy.com/voice-caddie-gps-review/

The reviewer stated a few good points and addressed some of the concerns in this thread:

- If you are the golfer who plays the same course(s) over and over again, this GPS is perfect for you

- Another argument against the Voice Caddie is layups for par 5s. DO THE MATH. If the Voice Caddie says that I am 297 away from the hole and I know I want a pitching wedge into the green, I subtract 297 from 125. I know I am 172 from my layup area and I can hit my 7 iron to get there.

- If for some odd reason you were using it and it switched over to the hole of the wrong fairway, you can just press the plus and minus buttons until you get to the correct hole.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Actually there's one thing bad about having such a gadget... your flight mate will ask you... eeh can u check the distance to the pin for US!! Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

pippin wrote:
Actually there's one thing bad about having such a gadget... your flight mate will ask you... eeh can u check the distance to the pin for US!! Suspect Suspect Suspect

Dont selfish lah, must share share, if not you will be more advantage than them. not fare.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

For this type of device, GPS chipset really plays a important role.

Our Vehicle GPS got accuracy of 4m to 8m.

So how accurate is this type of voice caddie device
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Suzuki wrote:
pippin wrote:

Dont selfish lah, must share share, if not you will be more advantage than them. not fare.

Bro Suzuki always help to check distance for me when on the same buggy. 2 thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

pippin wrote:

Btw, I suppose its to the center of the green n not to the pin.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Was at Warren Pro shop last Friday and saw this gadget selling for S$159. Later got members told me they get 20% off items in the Pro shop, not sure if true. If yes, I think this is really dirt cheap, dun even need to think liao.
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:47 pm

i also always provide distance reading service to my flightmate.
And depends who is the mate, i will tell HER (mxxx) 200m and need another driver shot... Razz
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:49 pm

3131T wrote:
pippin wrote:

Is there a GPS system that tells you to the pin? How does it knows what pin positions for the day?
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:04 pm

samT wrote:
3131T wrote:
pippin wrote:

Is there a GPS system that tells you to the pin? How does it knows what pin positions for the day?

Im replying to pippin post as she mentioned to the pin.

And here we r talking abt iamcaddie....

I doubt there is any gps system that tell u distance to the pin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iamcaddie golf range finder   iamcaddie golf range finder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iamcaddie golf range finder
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next