Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cutting of Steel Shaft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Cutting of Steel Shaft Empty
PostSubject: Cutting of Steel Shaft   Cutting of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Just to confirm with folks here, if I got 6 pieces of standard shaft lengths (38"), can I have them cut down to the various lengths for my 5-P irons?

Reason I ask is the shafts comes in various length suitable for 4-P (38, 37.5, 37 etc) separately . . . is it for convenient sake or cutting will create some weight issues? 

I am talking about NSPRO750GH here.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cutting of Steel Shaft   Cutting of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

new shafts for irons come in standard length e.g. 39'' . tip may be 0.37 or 0.35''. swing weight will differ with the length.

need a club fitter to align the backbone of the shaft n conform the swing weight to your swing
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Cutting of Steel Shaft   Cutting of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 pm

oldie-newhie...before you cut anything, check if the shafts are parallel or tapered. normally parallel shafts comes in 40 to 41 inch. you have 6 shafts all at 38 inch, check the tip OD to be sure. also double check your iron heads to make sure it is the same as your shaft, be it tapered or parallel.

If they are standard length parallel, you should tip them accordingly so that it will play to the right stiffness or frequency for irons are progressively weighted. e.g. if a 5 iron is 256g, 6 iron should be 263 and 7 iron 270g....

what you just described in para two could still be a parallel tip cos parallel sets comes in set too, pre-cut.

hope it helps.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cutting of Steel Shaft   Cutting of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks both for you reply, I am much clearer now. Unfortunately my friend already carried the shafts back from Japan and like it or not, if it does not fit will I am stuck with it. I guess relying on someone with don't play and with no knowledge of golf coupled with the language barrier was a bad idea  Sad 

Watch the marketplace, they could be up for sale soon heh.

GR is a wonderful forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cutting of Steel Shaft   Cutting of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cutting of Steel Shaft
Page 1 of 1