Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to determine the right putter length

Go down 
+3
Turbo
cglim
arteo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
arteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

how to determine the right putter length Empty
PostSubject: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

will the standard 34" putter length work with us usual Asian height?
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cglim

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Better get fitted to know for sure. But a 34" length should be a good starting point.

The ideal putter length sets your eye 1-2” inside of the target line.

If your putter is too long, your set-up posture will be too upright with your eyes set too far inside. This results in a path that starts too far inside. If your putter is too short, your set-up posture will be too hunched over with your eyes set too far outside.

- From the Scotty Cameron Art of Putters
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm

arteo wrote:
will the standard 34" putter length work with us usual Asian height?

It depends how you address and hold the putter ... Some guys prefer to hang the putter down when addressing the ball like Phil Mickelson, hence these folks would need a shorter length putter than usual ... Some shorter folks choke down on a 35" putter as they feel more balance and prevent wrist break this way ... Just like selecting a putter, it is all boil down to your individual preference ...
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 pm

any length can work for any height. Look at 'em belly putters.

The key is if you are comfortable with the swing weight. Length affects swing weight and swing weight affects distance.

Lie can be adjusted
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:11 pm

MW need a very short putter with her new bending over right angle putting technique.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Getting fitted is the "most accurate". But end of the day, depends on ur preference.
Though I was fitted, I ended up playing 35" because it somehow suits me better with the way I setup on my putts.
Back to top Go down
arteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks for all the great comments man. Yeah I was thinking of getting fitted but like some of you said it may come down to how you address and preference on how one strokes the ball. I am having some problems finding the most efficient stroke to minimize the errors on the clutch putts. I am 5"10 and have been hearing that quite a number of guys cut to use a 33" putter. So I asking around if I should do the same and if it will definitely help?
Back to top Go down
TaoKoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

I'm about the same height and I cut all my putters down to 33". Have used 34" putters but somehow most comfy with those 33". It's really a matter of preference. Sometimes on longer putts, I can feel like having a 34-35" putter but generally, 33" works for me.

An option you can consider is the 31" to 35" TM Spider Blade. Grip it at whatever length you like
Back to top Go down
arteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 pm

TaoKoon wrote:
I'm about the same height and I cut all my putters down to 33". Have used 34" putters but somehow most comfy with those 33". It's really a matter of preference. Sometimes on longer putts, I can feel like having a 34-35" putter but generally, 33" works for me.

An option you can consider is the 31" to 35" TM Spider Blade. Grip it at whatever length you like
ahh another one who uses the 33" putters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to determine the right putter length   how to determine the right putter length I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to determine the right putter length
Page 1 of 1