Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fred Couples - free wheeling release

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Fred Couples - free wheeling release Empty
PostSubject: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Freddy freddy... Still swing the club as good as ever and still blast the ball a looooong way... Just happen to search youtube for golf swing and came across this free wheeling video.. Cited fred couples and vijay singh as ones who have a lot of success using this method..
So tempted to try this at range, but scared my iron came loooose and floored someone!

Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

I think it's hard to execute if someone's feel and bio-mechanic are different.  One could find success while another would fail.  No harm trying but only minority of Pros doing this act.  

Most importantly, it's the release of the club which comes in variety of techniques and feels.
Back to top Go down
timlim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:35 pm

interesting...will try at the range one of these days!
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I have already tried this after watching some other Japanese pro's video.

For me this drill allows me to gain confidence as it is quite an amazing feeling to be able to hit the ball just as crisp and solid as a normal 2-handed swing. And don't worry your club wouldn't come loose if your wearing a proper glove and grips are not abused.

Distance is shorter though. And I lose the release in the wrist (not sure why) in my normal swing. My left wrist does not release as it does normally. Speculating it's because my right hand helps in the normal wrist release.

Not especially enlightening for me.

Good vid though thanks.
Back to top Go down
handiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Interesting that Freddie doesn't even use gloves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couples - free wheeling release   Fred Couples - free wheeling release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fred Couples - free wheeling release
Page 1 of 1