Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger

Go down 
+4
TDO
HyBriD
dmateo
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger Empty
PostSubject: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 am

Dear Mr. Couples,
I am one big ass fan of your swing. Tried as I mite but due to LOFT, I swing more like Charles nowadays.

Anyways back to important stuff......PLS Bring TW along with you for the President cup. He needs the reps and the golf world definitely will have a blast

If I may, can you talk to Greg and see if you guys can somehow get TW to play with Adam.....

just a wild tot, it mite make good commercial ploy if we get them to share caddy...that will be a blast !!!!

yours sincerely and fan-fully,

D
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 am

Bro,

at the moment it seems that TW has the same LOFT problem as youself. I think it will benefit him in the long run to play better than last game for the sake of his ego and reputation (not to mention his income as well).

Smile

D
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks Freddie for selecting Tiger.

Now...lets hope Mr.Norman doesnt get Elin to be on the bag of the other team.

Imagine this Day1, Tiger vs. Stevie (supported by Adam) in 4-ball....then Day 3, Tiger vs Elin (doesnt matter who she is carrying the bag for)

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

Duval,

For someone to afford getting Elin to carry their golf bag, they must earn much more than Tiger. And in the sports of golf that type of person is non existent...... well at least for now, they don't.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 pm

I hope TW will perform "Well" on crunch time

I just wonder if TW will be "Emotionally Imbalanced" if Elin is around.

Last time, the British press "stressed" TW when they asked TW over Elin's naked photo's.

I remember TW didn't play after that.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:13 am

I just don understand....why the comments about the inclusion of Tiger..by the rest of the world folks...especially the Olivegy and Normandy

Just be quiet and let your clubs do the talking !!

And if you can win US this time, then talk ...!!!

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 am

TW need to play more tournaments to be in the groove. Playing selected tournaments may be good commercially but not in the long term of his game. But then again, he is putting more attention to family and that may be detrimental to his form and consistency. Rolling Eyes

Then again, who are we to comment on what he decides. Just my thought.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 am

Duval_S wrote:
I just don understand....why the comments about the inclusion of Tiger..by the rest of the world folks...especially the Olivegy and Normandy

Just be quiet and let your clubs do the talking !!

And if you can win US this time, then talk ...!!!

Greg Norman is using psychological warfare, a common technique since the times of Sun Tzu and Alexander.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 am

Phil Jackson does that all the time....so does Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho.

The greatest talker is Muhammad Ali.

You just gotta back it up.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:48 am

Robert Allenby has not won in "god knows how many years" and yet Greg Norman selected him. So I don't know what this Aussie is talking about. Shocked
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:05 am

Unless we have played in or captained for prez/ryder/lexus/vivendi/walker/royal cups before, we WONT know what they are talking about Razz

It's us who need to shut up and watch Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am

So it's best to STFU and let the clubs do the talking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:30 am

they're trying to mind f**k each other liao..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:18 pm

I agree with PS. It's all psychological warfare now. TW has heaps to prove. There are players out there who have performed better in the last 18 months and deserve a spot but weren't selected. TW needs to step up and play better than he has for a while.

So, let the clubs do the talking instead (like DS said).

But for us casual observers, it's fun to watch the jibber-jabber.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:24 pm

TW needs to do it fast... otherwise, the general public will start to lose interest.

Macam Anwar and his "We'll take over the govt" story... Sorry, not trying to bring politics into the discussion, just trying to illustrate a point Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:42 pm

I agree. I'm already a bit bored with TW. He needs to perform... if not, he'll just fade into obscurity... Like David Duval.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Sad to admit, the only thing interesting I find about TW nowadays is his... new prototype golf shoe, Nike Free Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:32 pm

TW need to "Walk the Talk" instead of repeating that he is getting there. I am slowly beginning to lose interest in his game every time he screwed up and may soon forget that he is still playing as a pro. But then again, he started it all and place the bar so high that he himself has difficulty reaching to bring it to the next level. His competitors at the moment would be unable to match his past records, let alone win the 14 majors that he had in his bag.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:39 pm

botak wrote:
Sad to admit, the only thing interesting I find about TW nowadays is his... new prototype golf shoe, Nike Free Smile

I am eagerly waiting for this shoe to hit the stores. All accounts indicate it is very comfortable, and my feet could always use more comfort.

TDO wrote:
TW need to "Walk the Talk" instead of repeating that he is getting there. I am slowly beginning to lose interest in his game every time he screwed up and may soon forget that he is still playing as a pro. But then again, he started it all and place the bar so high that he himself has difficulty reaching to bring it to the next level. His competitors at the moment would be unable to match his past records, let alone win the 14 majors that he had in his bag.

Used to stay up late, hoping to see history in the making and Tiger breaking through.

When he gets into contention, it's a rush to watch.

Now, it is a fascinating study of a swing change at the highest level, and the issues it will encounter.

Also a bit like reality TV. Will he get back his feel? Will he hit the fairway for a change? Will he get out of this bunker in 1? How long before he fires his coach? Should I set the timer to switch off the TV after I doze off?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger   To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Mr. Couples....pls bring along Tiger
Page 1 of 1