Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes

Go down 
+14
ifatfat
icejazz
Duval_S
ghoonk
Technospaz
S70B
scotty2010
duffader
Gray
ParTee
pocketace
blee67
jurongtiger
eden
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes Empty
PostSubject: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Managed to catch a bit of the 2010 Masters and Freddie's shoes caught my eyes Embarassed

Asked my good friend, Mr Google and this is what he said,

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978161741

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvT8bNSiA4

extract:
"......Want to lead the field like Fred Couples at the 2010 Masters tournament? Consider picking up a pair of the stylish new Fred Couples golf shoes he debuted Thursday at the Masters, the Ecco Golf street premiere shoes.

ECCO is a manufacturer of high-end golf shoes. Some have said the Fred Couples shoes he doneed, which are black and orange, looked like something you might see a pro skateboarder in. Couples has dealt with back problems throughout his career, and the new shoes may be just the added support and comfort he needs to excel on the golf course....."
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Yea man. those looked absolutely cool.

And he was going about it sockless
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:58 pm

no socks?! Freddie is a cool dude, just like his swing....relax Razz
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Yes, always relaxed and easy. Thats why he is on a hot streak at the champions tour.

Sockless and gloveless
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:20 pm

He is leading at 6 under. Tiger is 2 back at 4 under (2 eagles on the par 5)
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:46 pm

are those golf shoes?? geez... I thought he was out of footwear contract and decided to do a Ryan Palmer... wear whatever shoes he is comfy with.
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ParTee

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Mr. Freddy Couples...one of the most
popular player ever to play this game!!
Luv this guy...Looks like the Oldies are
doing great at least for the 1st day...
Mr Tom Watson at -5.... at the age of
60...Incredible!!!
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Must we wear golf shoes to the course? Is it the regulation? Or can we wear any shoes we are comfortable in?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:59 am

in other parts of the world, golf shoes not mandatory. Just look at the US PGA tour, Ryan Moore is playing on PGA tour wearing some skateboard shoes...

In this part of the world, it is a must have item. else the course will deny you entry to play.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:48 am

THey are still golf shoes. Ryan more looks like skateboard shoes but they have golf studs below. One of the brand is kikor golf.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130428&id=94823734154

To be able to wear those shoes and play like Fred, its not going to be easy unless you have a sound swing like him. Good golf shoes with more stability will help in getting a few more meters of those shots. Try hitting at the range with track shoes and golf shoes, you will see the difference.
Back to top Go down
scotty2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 am

According to Associated Press, this is what Fred Couples said, 'I wear nothing but tennis shoes,' he said. 'I just don't wear any socks with tennis shoes, and these shoes have been good so far.'
(See today's Straits Times Sports, "Golden Day for Oldies").
So, are those tennis or golf shoes, or both?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:15 pm

As far as I know, Crocs sells golf crocs too with cleated soles. However, I dont think the golf courses in SG allows wearing "slippers" to the course.

However, with fred couples example, the golf course may change the rulling and woohoo. easier for me to play golf and no need to plan for so many pairs of shoes. Just my work pants and a polo tee and I am off to play after work.....wakaka.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Visited another demo day today and the Ecco Rep was there with his van.

Those worn by Freddie will be available again in US 1st week of Aug after being constantly sold out the previous 2 batches.

The newer model sitting on top will be avail 1st Oct.

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes Ecco1

There will be new colours and a new style to choose from. Price will be avail on their website.

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes Ecco2
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:33 pm

They look too laid back to be golf shoes! Very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Yup. They do grow on you after a while.

Another non-Ecco-but-Ping insider info:

The S56 irons will be launched in Sept. PING USA has decided to launch the Anser Forged irons with the S56 officially too instead of leaving it as an Asia-only option.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:16 pm

While they look good, I'm not wholly convinced of the lateral support, and how they will perform in bunkers (esp when you're playing off a funky lie up against the face of the bunker). But definitely looks good if you're wearing more 'casual' looking golfwear
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Super cool.....once I have the game like 10% of freddie, I think I will be able to carry this so as to appropriate represent this coooooooll shoes.

Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:16 pm

This shoe is hot.. was in HK and was told it was sold out.. Still not available in Sg i think
Back to top Go down
ifatfat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 pm

icejazz wrote:
This shoe is hot.. was in HK and was told it was sold out.. Still not available in Sg i think

My friend saw the shoes at Ecco Vivo.
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

Just called ECCO sgp... Fred Couple shoes for men not in SGP at the moment. Furthermore, if u check out its online store, it's also out-of-stock.

For the ladies' version, it may be available.. didn't check with them

Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Ryan Moore was also wearing the same ECCO golf shoes that Freddie wears. They are called Street Premieres. They are sold out in most golf stores in the US. TGW has selected available. I ordered it when it was launched and only got it about 7 weeks later.

Finally I found it at an Ecco outlet in Jersey. Bought two pairs.

Now I have a pair in black/ chilli red (sole and trims). Size 42 or US 8 to 8.5. Interested can PM me.

Dan
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 am

The ladies' version is now available. I saw it purple and orange (can't remember if it was orange) at Vivo. For us men, it's still a waiting game.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am

Got mine last week. Was a 5 week wait for me.

Good to wear for the range. Nice and comfy. Reminds me of my Campers.

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes Ecco1-1
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am

S70B, are these available all over the US and what is the price tag if I may ask ?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 am

USD$139.99 and they are just sold out at the moment. I ordered them from an online golf store and they promised to deliver the moment it was in stock.

Ecco release them in small batches. People grab them by the truckloads and re-sell them on ebay for about double the price.

U would be very lucky if you find one in the stores here. I thought I did when I was in Vegas 2 mth ago but only the size 41 and 42s were left.

Wait a couple of months and I think it will be readily available closer to you.

Or, you can try your luck in BKK/Thailand since they are made there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes   Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fred Couple's Cool Orange Color ECCO shoes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next