Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Clubs in JB

Go down 
+3
beond
TimLai
Nomad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nomad
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Nomad

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi All

Would be interested to find out which courses in JB members of the forum would recommend.

I am interested in course design, maintenance and membership rates.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Nomad.
Back to top Go down
TimLai
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Friend told me getting a golf club membership is like getting married, stick to it - till you sell it divorce/sell it away.
Laguna membership (not the one till 2040) 20k down, monthly 800+ installment.
Back to top Go down
beond
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
beond

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:51 am

Average price to pay to play in JB is are RM100.   Why bother to  buy membership?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Average price to pay to play in JB is are RM100.   Why bother to  buy membership?

If referring to weekdays, yes. Weekends, NO. Smile 
Back to top Go down
beond
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
beond

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 am

Hi TDO , yeah.. forgotten about weekend rates.. my bad.. I  only play weekdays golf..
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 am

Nomad, if you are looking to join a club in JB, do consider Johor GCC. The membership is transferrable, the monthly subscription is among the lowest, the F & B rates are very very reasonable, it is not difficult to book a game even for weekends, you get to walk a lovely, natural and matured course that is challenging, well designed and maintained, members are generally friendly and you have loads of reciprocal clubs in Malaysia and elsewhere. The only negatives I can think of are the cow-grass fairways (only for those who mind playing on cow-grass) and no reciprocal arrangements with clubs in Singapore because of close proximity. Worth considering IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 am

What made me decide to commit to a club membership were the following reasons:

1) I was totally out of breathe after just 4 holes of walking.  This sent a message to me that I was totally unfit.  I told myself that I need to come back for more to train myself up
2) The club was only 5 minutes drive from my house.  The proximity meant that I will be able to use the facilities easily.  I am usually at the club 3 to 4 times a week.
3) The maintenance of the course is better than most of the other clubs in JB.  And the main factor for this is:  It is a state owned club which means that it is not as revenue driven as all other JB clubs.  The members are very vocal about how the course conditions need to be and that has translated into consistently good greens.  As it is a walking course, the fairways are not hurt by buggy traffic and the cowgrass fairways are quite well maintained.
4) The biggest pool of reciprocal clubs nationwide and worldwide.  Batam Palm Springs, Tering Bay. Few clubs in Australia. India, canada, thailand.  And also, we get to play in other Royal clubs all over malaysia that are only members only clubs.  Not open to public.

The club that I am talking about is: JGCC.  I still like to call it RJCC though.

There are still other attractive reasons for joinin JGCC but they were not the reason why I chose the club. 
1) Low monthly subscriptions
2) Lowest Golf Club F&B prices.  Food is good too!
3) The most active Interclub competition schedule compared to the rest of the JB clubs.  ( I got to play in SICC and Seletar for free!)

No doubt the membership fee is considered a premium over most of the other clubs, but what's the point of buying a cheaper membership at some other place which is far away that I will think twice about going to when I want to play?  I practically play 9h on a daily basis at RJCC just because it is otw home in the evening!  To me, a well utilized membership is worth every penny!

I am not urging you to consider RJCC.  I, however, suggest that you consider the following factors for choosing the right club to buy (sg or jb):
1) When you want to play golf, will the travelling time be an excuse not to play?
2) Do you think that you will go to the club more than once a week, for golf or non-golf related purposes?

Buying a membership should not be considered as a monetary investment.  It should be considered an investment in a better quality lifestyle.  If you will not be utilizing it often, it is as good as a white elephant.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 am

Gofnut wrote:
Nomad, if you are looking to join a club in JB, do consider Johor GCC. The membership is transferrable, the monthly subscription is among the lowest, the F & B rates are very very reasonable, it is not difficult to book a game even for weekends, you get to walk a lovely, natural and matured course that is challenging, well designed and maintained, members are generally friendly and you have loads of reciprocal clubs in Malaysia and elsewhere. The only negatives I can think of are the cow-grass fairways (only for those who mind playing on cow-grass) and no reciprocal arrangements with clubs in Singapore because of close proximity. Worth considering IMHO.
Agree with Gofnut. JGC is a good club. Played there a number of times in the afternoon. But, boy, if the weather is hot, you better bring along more isotonic drinks and plain water. Also to consider your age and physical ability because the course is no joke as it is quite hilly. 1st hole downhill is a breeze, 2nd hole is uphill walk. 3rd hole Par 3 downhill and 4th hole uohill then downhill and uphill again. Of the 4 balls we played, 2 was down with severe leg cramps. Me and my other kaki managed to "dong" until the last hole when the cramp came, but we managed to finish the game. If you are not physically fit, it's best to forget about this course. Just sharing what I gone through. By the way, the cow grass is not a problem to us. It's in good condition and very playable, unlike the cow grass we experience at Seletar Airbase. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Agn Teh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Agn Teh

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 pm

No need to buy...each game less than RM100 for weekday....even Orchard GCC only RM55 and other ranging RM90-RM100....save your money....brooo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Clubs in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Clubs in JB   Golf Clubs in JB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Clubs in JB
Page 1 of 1