Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this offset issue?

Go down 
+2
nrafee
jtek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Is this offset issue? Empty
PostSubject: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Sorry to ask this since I've been golfing for years but I am not a technical person thus seldom pay attention to these equipment thingy other than keep buying new toy based on review.

I've been having problem with my driver (even sometime my short irons) that I  always launch always pull left... Long irons do not have this issue as I slice it more ha ha ha. Been trying to solve this issue and found out that when open the club head at address, I can get it launch straighter and get a better impact on my drive.

Now my question, is it that I need a lesser offset club for my issue? If yes, can driver head be adjusted? I'm using xHot which I already set to open and my CG Black driver which cannot be adjust had a even worst pull/hook. Both driver I have to open up at address with CG opening more.

Hope to get some light here as my work schedule doesn't give me the luxury of going to see a fitter.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 am

jtek wrote:
Sorry to ask this since I've been golfing for years but I am not a technical person thus seldom pay attention to these equipment thingy other than keep buying new toy based on review.

I've been having problem with my driver (even sometime my short irons) that I  always launch always pull left... Long irons do not have this issue as I slice it more ha ha ha. Been trying to solve this issue and found out that when open the club head at address, I can get it launch straighter and get a better impact on my drive.

Now my question, is it that I need a lesser offset club for my issue? If yes, can driver head be adjusted? I'm using xHot which I already set to open and my CG Black driver which cannot be adjust had a even worst pull/hook. Both driver I have to open up at address with CG opening more.

Hope to get some light here as my work schedule doesn't give me the luxury of going to see a fitter.

going for a golf game - 5 hrs
going to range - 2 hrs
Seeing a fitter - 1 hr

Bro, if you dun even have time to see a fitter, where got time to go play golf?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:11 am

nrafee wrote:

going to range - 2 hrs
Seeing a fitter - 1 hr

You got a point there nrafee.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:50 am

Jtek,

After a session on the Trackman yesterday, I would advise you to arrange for a session in order to find out your real problems. Or maybe even a coach. After that it may be clear the arrow isn't the problem, rather it's the indian. Or vice versa.

Self correcting is not ideal and opening up your face for better contact during address might not be correcting the "correct" thing.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 am

If one truly understands his swing, he will be able to make adjustments for any clubs he has in his hands.  [size=12.800000190734863]At times, it could be as simple as changing ball position and / or alignment. [/size]What a Face[size=12.800000190734863] [/size]

@Jtek, when you "open" your driver face, is your handle forward like having a little shaft lean?
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:04 pm

nrafee wrote:
jtek wrote:

going to range - 2 hrs
Seeing a fitter - 1 hr

Bro the poor me only go range at 10pm to get 1 hr of swing before range close and i see green only once quarterly wor... But still i luv golf... If any fitter cal open till 11pm will be helpful for me lor...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:07 pm

nutty88 wrote:
If one truly understands his swing, he will be able to make adjustments for any clubs he has in his hands.  [size=12.8]At times, it could be as simple as changing ball position and / or alignment. [/size]What a Face[size=12.8] [/size]

@Jtek, when you "open" your driver face, is your handle forward like having a little shaft lean?

Bro, yes my shaft is leaning forward even though my ball position is at the toe of my left foot.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:08 pm

hiryu wrote:
Jtek,

After a session on the Trackman yesterday, I would advise you to arrange for a session in order to find out your real problems. Or maybe even a coach. After that it may be clear the arrow isn't the problem, rather it's the indian. Or vice versa.

Self correcting is not ideal and opening up your face for better contact during address might not be correcting the "correct" thing.

Anyone have trackman to loan me??? ha ha ha... or any fitter open late? Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Bro jtek, no one would loan you a trackman as it costs something like S$20k ... And I doubt there is any social golfer who owns this device to begin with ...  Laughing 

To be honest, I believe it is more likely your swing problem ... not your off-set club issue ...

For instance, my shot may once in a while pull hook if my hip and shoulder turn too fast... as a result my arms failed to catch up ... This is timing issue ... I need to feel like my shoulder square up whilst my hip opens on impact ...  

cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Here is a video on address pull hook problem ...

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:07 am

Thanks Turbo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this offset issue?   Is this offset issue? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this offset issue?
Page 1 of 1