Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

offset & compression

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

offset & compression Empty
PostSubject: offset & compression   offset & compression I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:16 am

Beginners irons have more offset.

My question is, will having more offset make it difficult to compress or "hit down" on the ball?

Will it help in compression if i move ball position abit more to the non target feet when using high offset irons?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: offset & compression   offset & compression I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:58 am

the offset is designed so that the shaft is positioned in front of the clubhead or face of the club.

it is meant to help the golfers in 2 ways...

1. the offset helps to push the head's center of gravity (CG) further back from the shaft. this helps golfers improve launch conditions by improving address and impact position.

2. offset will help create better squaring position of the club as the impact position is is set millimeters behind. it also reduce the amount of slice and fade.

because of improvement of impact and reduction in errors, most new golfers would benefit from "better contact".

hence by using more offset club and positioning the ball backwards, it will create an impact thats higher up the clubface nearer to the top line. on the golf course, you will probably find a bigger chunk of divot and on hard driving range surfaces, you may have to visit Dr Du very soon.

hope it helps......DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: offset & compression   offset & compression I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

In short, Offset has no impact on compression and hence distance. Am I correct to say that?

I have two more questions

1. Do we have to address the ball slightly back if we use irons with more offset as compared to irons with less offset?

2. What is the offset of BFG irons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: offset & compression   offset & compression I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

offset & compression
Page 1 of 1