Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?

Go down 
+36
matoonia
MLP
pysimy
enwee
corliss
jason.koh.54966
skybobo
TDO
jaketang
Vinny
unfinished
weesern
jascon77
Gofnut
loserjo
triston
haragolfer
TimLai
nutty88
pippin
Turbo
momo83
guangzhao
willie24
Derek
kamen
goh.YF.52
Bangla123
slinger
Solutions
neutralgolfer
hkhamateur
trueflight2003
sob
popeyex
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 am

That depends on what a 'swing' is... Anyhow swing is also a swing. Haha I've been playing seriously for about 2 years now and 6 years before, still fine tunning
Back to top Go down
corliss
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 am

enwee, hmm graphite shaft......PING Faith series.....
kamen, not really tired ba....cos I usually play 200-300 balls at e range for 3hrs etc....maybe see e lousy show of ball flight made me sian....balls just basically drop to water Razz
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:26 am

corliss wrote:
enwee, hmm graphite shaft......PING Faith series.....
kamen, not really tired ba....cos I usually play 200-300 balls at e range for 3hrs etc....maybe see e lousy show of ball flight made me sian....balls just basically drop to water Razz
I'm not sure abt the rest, but when u go range make sure it's quality practice time not quantity practice time. Ping faith? Lady?
Back to top Go down
corliss
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:45 am

yup,agreed....my quality of play still very erratic...haha...trying to use quantity to slowly develop quality....my poor pro....yup..Lady Ping faith series Smile
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 am

After more than 5 years playing, I think I suddenly got a "Eureka" moment. Finally I understand what is a swing. and for 1st time ever, I never change my swing during the course of an entire game. You know sometimes when you go on course and you top, or duff then you change your swing, setup etc.

For me it's to just focus on impact. I find that if my practice swing is full swing, I will tend to swing even faster in the actual swing. So I do a very mild practice almost only 1/4 swing and focus on clubhead brushing the grass. Then just setup, feel comfortable and go.

Now I can only hope that this is permanently ingrained  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 am

I always feel that golf swing is very mechanical, now I am learning to hit the ball without eyes.

just focus on the swing n feel the impact
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zach-z

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 am

Golf clubs get MOI: Moment of Inertia, we Golfers get MOE: Moment of Epiphany - Joys of the game Wink
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:46 am

usually too long a time.. and mostly not long enough.
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:48 pm

at range... i found my swing at beginning 20 balls... lost it after...
at course... i found my swing at hole 5,6,7,8.... lost it after...
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 am

neutralgolfer wrote:
Golf Swing is not a natural movement for a human body, it is made of several moving actions to form into one. Hence to have a good golf swing, you need to have many practices and try to make it as natural to you as possible. Once it is natural to you, the consistency will come.

The Best is of course getting a good coach and learn the proper swing then make it natural to you.

Some of us learn from friends, website, etc, then pick up a not so good swing and practiced it to become natural, our consistency is a highly inconsistent swing. I have been consistent in this respect for 10 years... What a Face

lets focus this question"where can get coach suit for us"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?   How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Long Before You Get Your "Swing"?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3