Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with my long irons/woods swing...

Go down 
+3
chemicalpro
Victor3112
alucard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Problems with my long irons/woods swing... Empty
PostSubject: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Qn for the pro or anyone who can advise:

Recently I develop a slight slice with my longer irons/woods which is really started to irritate me alot. My shots with 8-SW are all pretty straight, only with the longer ones there's a slight slice.

Any advice on what might be the issue and how to correct it? I feel its a case of 'coming over the top", if it is so, is there any simple way to fix that?
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Bro, "slight" slice can be cured by "slight" body alignment to the left. That probably some quick fix to it.

I need antidote for my big slice with driver and long iron.
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm

alignment to the left as in lean left a little?
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Haha, think he meant aim to the left, therefore your ball ends up right on target Smile

Think your backswing is too steep for long irons, causing your hands not dropping to the "inside" i.e. the over the top move when you swing across the line.

Try flattening your backswing a little? Could cause you to hit the ball fat, which I'm fighting too Sad
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:41 pm

I have the same problem. In fact, mine is really odd because it only occurs in my 4, 5, 6 irons. My hybrids and my woods are fine, and the same problem occurs on my driver.

I have a pretty weak left hand grip on all my clubs, which could be why for the longer irons, my hand does not come back in time at impact, causing me to impact the ball with a slightly open face. Even when i feel that i have hit a good solid shot, the ball still slice, so it must be the slightly opened face.

I cure this by putting a slightly stronger grip on my longer irons, and my driver, which has helped me.
Back to top Go down
noonan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 am

If u had a tooth ache, u would see a dentist, a bad back see a physio, a tax problemsee accountant, swing problem see a qualified golf coach. There are many reasons why u are having this problem, without a pro seeing a video of your swing, I think it would be hard for anyone to offer advice. There are pros on the forum that offer free swing analysis, best to see a pro.
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 am

thanks for all the advice. will try out some of the tips and guess will go see my coach again...
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm

yup have your swing on the video. Your coach should be able to indicate to you that you are swinging a bit out to in, with your weight wanting to move to your heels at impact. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:20 am

Victor3112 wrote:
Bro, "slight" slice can be cured by "slight" body alignment to the left. That probably some quick fix to it.

I need antidote for my big slice with driver and long iron.

Victor, you can try to slow down your long iron / woods / driver swing. your slice cld be a case of body moving faster than the hands can close the club face at impact. u can also try to position your ball nearer to your left foot (an inch or so).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my long irons/woods swing...   Problems with my long irons/woods swing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with my long irons/woods swing...
Page 1 of 1