Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are my clubs too stiff for me?

Go down 
+11
pReTeNd3r
s-killer
Derek
DLWL
bryanachong
slinger
bogeyman72
kyleyann
teegem
uncleP
herpderp
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:51 am

haha bro derek, would love a friendly game or visit to the range. still figuring out a part of my swing. recently trying to do the squat move during the downswing that tiger does. rediculously hard >___<
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:53 am

tiger hits his 3 iron 267 yards.. so thats about 240m. im still an amatuer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:53 am

slinger wrote:
bro....

were u in whatever club junior program??

if have, i pretty sure the coach will have a system for range....

if not, u shd adopt one.... like having an objective in what u like to do in a particular range session

hitting balls at the range is not to see how far u can hit.... but abt finding the consistency which in turn will give u the confidence on the course

my range practise normally revolves finding the consistency.... i usually use 80%

i normally use 50-100 balls in an hour depending on what clubs i wanna practise... with short breaks in the middle to reflect n rest

Agreed upon. Wink
I normally range on 1 srd basket of either 80-90 balls dependg which range. Smile
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

anyway, just an update from the site i used, i asked the pros there and they say that im probably using too much body to try and generate power.
they encouraged me to quieten down the body and focus on generating clubhead speed from 9pm to 3pm in the swing by maintaining more lag. gonna try that out and see if i stop getting tired XD
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

btw Herp Derp ... if you frequent MBGC you might want to drop by MGK office ...

I heard they are looking for players for the SGA League
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:45 pm

herpderp wrote:
Hi guys, I'm using nspro 950gh shafts in my blades, and after going thru around 80 balls with them at the range I no longer have the energy to hit my long irons (3 and 4). Are they too stiff for me? If so, where can I go to get proper fitting? thanks in advance
From your distance maybe it's only 3 and 4 irons problem only perhaps by playing a cavity back would help?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are my clubs too stiff for me?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2