Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are my clubs too stiff for me?

Go down 
+11
pReTeNd3r
s-killer
Derek
DLWL
bryanachong
slinger
bogeyman72
kyleyann
teegem
uncleP
herpderp
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

Are my clubs too stiff for me?  Empty
PostSubject: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:55 am

Hi guys, I'm using nspro 950gh shafts in my blades, and after going thru around 80 balls with them at the range I no longer have the energy to hit my long irons (3 and 4). Are they too stiff for me? If so, where can I go to get proper fitting? thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:20 am

How about check your physical health? The stiff shaft will make U shoot straighter and usually shorter. But if as you can swing faster, the distance will come back. NSpro stiff should weight below 100g , if you run out of steam after 80 shots, think about buying a set that is TOTAL Weight lighter than your present set now. that might help.
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:24 am

Well I hit my 7 iron around 155-160m,3 iron 210m.so the distance is still fine for me.. So I'm wondering why I'm so tired. So I should get physically fitter and it will solve the problem?
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:31 am

Wow, with the distance u hit and if dispersion is tight u r up there with the pros. U don't need lighter clubs just get use to it. Keegan Bradley hit 7i 187 yards only.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/whats-in-my-bag/2012-11/photos-keegan-bradley-bag#slide=1
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:27 am

herpderp wrote:
Hi guys, I'm using nspro 950gh shafts in my blades, and after going thru around 80 balls with them at the range I no longer have the energy to hit my long irons (3 and 4). Are they too stiff for me? If so, where can I go to get proper fitting? thanks in advance

With your distance, you should be fine. You only need to hit less than 80 times in a round of golf some of which are putting. Lots of energy to spare Wink
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:33 am

Good one!
Very Happy

kyleyann wrote:
herpderp wrote:

With your distance, you should be fine. You only need to hit less than 80 times in a round of golf some of which are putting. Lots of energy to spare Wink
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:36 am

not say i want to suan you....

but u are 25 yrs old healthy male!!!

and oreadi using nspro liao....

u have no idea how i wanna be 25 yrs old again...

ps: u fail ippt bo??? suggest u got chance go walk a full 18 holes..... then u know what energy u really need

btw, i also nsrcc member.... u are welcome to join me
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:43 am

Uh you don't need 100% power on every shot even on the golf course , you need to be able to control that power (distance) so same thing on the range don't bother hitting 100 balls at 100% cause its not gonna help your consistency

Cheers
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:35 am

bryanachong wrote:
Uh you don't need 100% power on every shot even on the golf course , you need to be able to control that power (distance) so same thing on the range don't bother hitting 100 balls at 100% cause its not gonna help your consistency

Cheers

thanks for the advice.. what u said really made sense! ive been hitting my irons all at 100%, as a result i struggle when im at 100m. horrible distance for me to be at since my pw goes 110-115. i will try what you said and see if i can hit 200 balls Cool
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:36 am

slinger wrote:
not say i want to suan you....

but u are 25 yrs old healthy male!!!

and oreadi using nspro liao....

u have no idea how i wanna be 25 yrs old again...

ps: u fail ippt bo??? suggest u got chance go walk a full 18 holes..... then u know what energy u really need

btw, i also nsrcc member.... u are welcome to join me

i excuse ippt XD
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:38 am

kyleyann wrote:
herpderp wrote:

thats true.. i was thinking that it would be hard to practice if i cant get thru 100 balls.. i still want to improve ma haha
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I used to be like you.
But ok maybe not so bad. but i tend to use all my energy.

Then after one game with my dad's friend, who is almost 60 y.o. and he outdrive and outhit me for every hole. I realise that the correct swing is about good contact and tempo.

So now i focus more on contact and tempo.

Definately not equipment problem.
Flex is extremely overrated in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

3iron and 4iron blades ...

3iron 210m ...

Not sure how many golfers in the forum can launch the golf ball efficiently with a bladed 3 iron, let alone hit it 210m

For me personally, I have absolutely no way to empathise with what you are going through, as it is completely outside my realm of experience (i will need an absolutely perfect shot with a 5 wood for 210) so even if I were to make a comment, it is not likely to be relevant to you. You obviously have a much better swing technique than mine to be able to generate that kind of clubhead speed and sweet contact necessary to use bladed long irons.

Sounds like you have more in common with the Pros than your average social golfer, hence it might be more fruitful to have a chat with one of them (and please check to make sure he hits further than you as well, otherwise he may not be qualified to give you advice) about your problem.

And if you would like to see how normal middle aged social golfers play, you might want to take Slinger up on his offer ... after all I heard he is only a 18 handicapper and plays with hybrids and graphite shafts so please be fair to him when giving strokes ... maybe you can give him a few tips on how to strike a 3 and 4 iron as well ... but remember to do it early in the round before you get tired ...

Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Derek wrote:

3iron 210m ...

Not sure how many golfers in the forum can launch the golf ball efficiently with a bladed 3 iron, let alone hit it 210m

For me personally, I have absolutely no way to empathise with what you are going through, as it is completely outside my realm of experience (i will need an absolutely perfect shot with a 5 wood for 210) so even if I were to make a comment, it is not likely to be relevant to you. You obviously have a much better swing technique than mine to be able to generate that kind of clubhead speed and sweet contact necessary to use bladed long irons.

Sounds like you have more in common with the Pros than your average social golfer, hence it might be more fruitful to have a chat with one of them (and please check to make sure he hits further than you as well, otherwise he may not be qualified to give you advice) about your problem.

And if you would like to see how normal middle aged social golfers play, you might want to take Slinger up on his offer ... after all I heard he is only a 18 handicapper and plays with hybrids and graphite shafts so please be fair to him when giving strokes ... maybe you can give him a few tips on how to strike a 3 and 4 iron as well ... but remember to do it early in the round before you get tired ...

Have Fun!

bro, sounds like you are sending/delivering food to the crocs .... Razz
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Derek wrote:

3iron 210m ...

Have Fun!

you are too kind with your compliements, and i appreciate it, but i always believe we can always learn something new from one another.

I dont have a "live pro" to speak to, but i use the videos at a website where the pros there comment on videos i upload. so far i feel that i swing has improved drastically, if you are interested to check out the site i use u can pm me. I dont want to post it here for fear of ppl thinking im working for the site haha.

that being said, perhaps i should post them this question about how tired i get and see what they say.
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
pReTeNd3r

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm

U r alr very good liao... i'm still strugglin in hittin the balls more consistence
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:46 am

bro Derek, I can't even hit my driver 210m, let alone 5w.

HAIZ!!!!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

only on perfect shots lah bro nutty (which almost never happen) and includes roll as well ...

My realistic distance with a 5w is more like 190m ... it is just that if the target is 210m away I will wait for the golfers in front to clear ... just in case 1% chance (or less) I hit it perfect ... if more than 220m I will just go ... it will never reach them

which is why a golfer like herpderp is of a different calibre to players like us ... 210m with a blade is scary

I wonder how many strokes he will give me if I have a chance to learn from him at MBGC
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:31 am

haha why are the replies sounding more and more sarcastic Razz
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:37 am

tongue in cheek maybe ... but not sacarstic ... and never malicious

Beer

and very envious ... wish I had the swing speed and technique to use any type of 3 iron, but I don't so have to use a hybrids and woods instead

If we ever have a chance to play ... go easy on an uncle who picked up the game at the age of 35 ok?
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:38 am

Hi, herpderp. How long do you take to finish 80 balls?
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:41 am

My middle-aged brain which is growing older everyday could serve me wrong but I thot from watching Golf Channel on daily basis my impression is that 3i blades for 210 m (230 yards yardage) is USPGA pro calibre? Embarassed

Must use my brain to consider giving up golf liaoz.... sigh..... Crying or Very sad
Derek wrote:
only on perfect shots lah bro nutty (which almost never happen) and includes roll as well ...

My realistic distance with a 5w is more like 190m ... it is just that if the target is 210m away I will wait for the golfers in front to clear ... just in case 1% chance (or less) I hit it perfect ... if more than 220m I will just go ... it will never reach them

which is why a golfer like herpderp is of a different calibre to players like us ... 210m with a blade is scary

I wonder how many strokes he will give me if I have a chance to learn from him at MBGC
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:45 am

bro....

were u in whatever club junior program??

if have, i pretty sure the coach will have a system for range....

if not, u shd adopt one.... like having an objective in what u like to do in a particular range session

hitting balls at the range is not to see how far u can hit.... but abt finding the consistency which in turn will give u the confidence on the course

my range practise normally revolves finding the consistency.... i usually use 80%

i normally use 50-100 balls in an hour depending on what clubs i wanna practise... with short breaks in the middle to reflect n rest

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:48 am

herpderp wrote:
haha why are the replies sounding more and more sarcastic Razz

Whahaha... Razz Razz
There s always a successful story behind. Very Happy
Perhaps u may wanna try yr luck searchg fr a 7i tale? Cool

Last edited by hkhamateur on Thu May 23, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:49 am

eh it was at the old seletar air base which was already torn down..

where do u normally range at? perhaps we can range tgt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are my clubs too stiff for me?    Are my clubs too stiff for me?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are my clubs too stiff for me?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next