Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FR: Damai Golf & Country Club

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

FR: Damai Golf & Country Club Empty
PostSubject: FR: Damai Golf & Country Club   FR: Damai Golf & Country Club I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I was last here over a year ago and it seems the renovation is still on going! There are about four holes that are being renovated but the rest didn't look like its been renovated.

Two of the holes, I think holes 3 and 4 had temporary greens that are so rough it's like putting on the fairway. Well, they were fairways and will be the fairways again.

I do love the signature hole 17 which is a par 3 with the left and back surrounded by the beach. My first time about three years ago when I first took up golf, I lost like 10 (old) balls. Second time, last year, had par, almost a birdie but it stopped an inch away. Today, bogey.

We tee'd off about 7.50am and it was really chilly. It was beautiful cos you can see the clouds surrounding the hills. The weather was kind and especially by the beach, it was very cooling. The course from far looks ago. But as I mentioned, they are still renovating it and I hope that it will be completed soon.

I was told there was another group from Singapore teeing off a couple hours behind us. Maybe some of them are GR members and can update as well.

We paid Rm60 for our buggy cos we were using our OCC reciprocal privileges.
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

FR: Damai Golf & Country Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: FR: Damai Golf & Country Club   FR: Damai Golf & Country Club I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 am

Bro, I used to played there in the late 90's and mid 2000 when I was there residing. Awesome course with mountain and ocean scenery. Lots of great memories with equal amount of tantrums thrown. Haha. Would love to play there again soon.

Hole 17 is a tough hole when the wind is blowing as it is facing directly the ocean. It's much harder during year end during the monsoon season.

Back to top Go down

FR: Damai Golf & Country Club
Page 1 of 1