Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orchard Golf and Country Club JB

Go down 
+19
guangzhao
wtapz
youming
simontcl
sillytesky
JetA1
Duval_S
oned10t
eug3n3_ang
dunlookback
sandkie
crystal_tiong
asahi
alvin7379
mloy
golf_snowman
dodo
mysticsea
allankwan
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
allankwan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Orchard Golf and Country Club JB Empty
PostSubject: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 am

Hi, anyone played there before? Thinking of going there this weekend. Wonder it's worthwhile to play there.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:14 am

very long way fm woodlands...
facilities wise, its ok for me the last time I was there but my companion mentioned the ladies shower rooms were in bad condition...
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am

far far away, average price, ordinary layout somewhat like Ponderosa, there are better value-for-money and nearer, poresia etc. Security wise you will find many village roads go right behind the tee box with no fence separation, so watch those valuables.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 am

Very wide fairway..

and one of the longest Par5 hole i ever play before...keke[left]
Back to top Go down
allankwan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 am

thanks for the feedback! Smile
My friends have no handicap so we are kinda of restricted on JB locations especially on weekends?
I cant seem to find poresia' s contact no. The SG one on their website is not valid. Any other recommendations other than Poresia?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:03 am

Palm Villa Saturday afternoon is RM128 (I think) no handicap needed.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

mloy wrote:

Sorry OT a bit..sister mloy, have you try the "devil club aka Miura" at laguna ? how it feels ?

thanks

snowman
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:11 am

golf_snowman wrote:
mloy wrote:

Sorry OT a bit..sister mloy, have you try the "devil club aka Miura" at laguna ? how it feels ?

thanks

snowman

what try??? people buy olready loh... and whipped my ass with it... -_-'
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 am

alvin7379 wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
mloy wrote:

thanks

snowman

what try??? people buy olready loh... and whipped my ass with it... -_-'

holy sh*t !!....

that club is darm "evil" lor....now i must really reconsider whether to try anot...haha !!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:53 pm

allankwan wrote:
thanks for the feedback! Smile
My friends have no handicap so we are kinda of restricted on JB locations especially on weekends?
I cant seem to find poresia' s contact no. The SG one on their website is not valid. Any other recommendations other than Poresia?

bro, try this number 67343733 for Poresia.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:03 pm

heard Poresia 1 of the few needs HCP card .....
JB a lot of places can play wo hcp card.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

No need. Just go there, fill in form and put a number against the handicap field.
They dun check for weekdays. Surprised
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:05 pm

The course is so-so, the facility is not so good. I go there quite often because it is relatively cheaper on weekend. You have to find breakfast and lunch outside the club. Inside the club is really nothing.

If you are an average player (or below), or slow to warm up player, I suggest to start playing from 10th tee instead. The first few holes from front nine is quite tough which can demoralize people. The back nine has wider fairways and relatively easier.
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Actually I like the layout of Orchard
Pretty challenging esepcially hole 1 to 5. Needs to tink before teeing off.

The green is ok but the fairway can be sloggy.. the bathing area is basic tot but for the rate, cannot complain much.

Juts my 2cents
HAve fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
allankwan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks all! I decided to book ponderosa golf and country club instead. Nearer to sg.
Probably try orchard the next time
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Great ! i also wan to try Ponderosa 1 day , heard it was nice but a little pricey during weekends...

Have fun !
Back to top Go down
eug3n3_ang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah orchard abit far. But is a nice course. I went there last friday. The food not nice there. haha. Course not bad well maintained.
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 pm

crystal_tiong wrote:
Great ! i also wan to try Ponderosa 1 day , heard it was nice but a little pricey during weekends...

Have fun !
crystal,
organise one there la
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:38 pm

oned10t

May 3rd week onwards boleh ? please give me a date ......
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm

errr....may I suggest....any Sat after May 22nd....... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:57 am

Ponderosa is a buggy on track course, with quite narrow fairways and wide rough. My tip: aim for fairway nearer to track, so less walking, less shag. Most of the time, the pin location is well protected by bunkers, therefore accurate approach shots are required. Hole 9 is their signature hole. Par 5 510m off whites, slight dogleg left. If shots not accurate, this hole confirm make u shaggggg!
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Played Orchard this morning.

Nice weather (overcast with lit breeze), reasonably dry fairway, easy course, not crowded at all.

Basic amenities in the club house, Makan was nice Smile

Only drawback was the slightly longer drive in from Tuas.
Back to top Go down
simontcl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Be careful of the male malay locker attendant, he likes to sit in the male changing area while you are changing after your shower and looking at you!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm

simontcl wrote:
Be careful of the male malay locker attendant, he likes to sit in the male changing area while you are changing after your shower and looking at you!!!!!!

I did find him weird....and he was wondering around the changing area...
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:48 pm

I think he is looking for sale golf ball. One of the locker he used for keep the ball I believe that pickup from the course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orchard Golf and Country Club JB   Orchard Golf and Country Club JB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orchard Golf and Country Club JB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next