Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warren GOlf and Country Club

Go down 
+5
icorpion
Groo111
Kengnam
tronos
BigblackGoof
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

Warren GOlf and Country Club Empty
PostSubject: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Recently played at Warren GCC under the offer by CIMB card, we paid $21+ each person (buggy cost).

We were pretty excited on that day but our spirits were quickly dampened after the 1st 2 holes. To our horror, the greens were in extremely bad conditions - i think the soccer field at CCK stadium is in better condition that theirs! Following, we were utterly disappointed with the remainder holes, cuz they were as bad, if not worst... there was this par-3 hole that was on repair, so we were told there will be an alternate par-3 for us, we later found out that they actual close the actual green for that hole and place the pin position on the FAIRWAY infront of the green, and treat it as "alternate par-3", imagine putting on the fairway... hmmm...

Anyway, we didn't feel as bad cuz we paid peanuts, glad that it was the case. What's really disappointing is how a private club can deteriorate till such state and i dunno how the members will react to such a course condition.

My advise to bros who is paying full price, do check with the club before heading down for a game.

I hope they revamp the course and start letting us enjoy good golf!

Also, i played at Legends last weekend, the course condition is pretty good and its cheap... CIMB card holders pay RM50 each, and PM game is RM110 for Sat!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm

greens bad but the course? some courses have bad green days...remember last time MBGC greens use to be 'alternative' sand bunkers on certain days.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:45 pm

The rest are alright. But IMO, bad greens spoil the day man... Beer
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Aiyo,playing at Warren with total of 95 player tmr.It not too gd to hear this at this time lor.
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Recently played at Warren GCC under the offer by CIMB card, we paid $21+ each person (buggy cost).

We were pretty excited on that day but our spirits were quickly dampened after the 1st 2 holes. To our horror, the greens were in extremely bad conditions - i think the soccer field at CCK stadium is in better condition that theirs!
My advise to bros who is paying full price, do check with the club before heading down for a game.

I hope they revamp the course and start letting us enjoy good golf!

Also, i played at Legends last weekend, the course condition is pretty good and its cheap... CIMB card holders pay RM50 each, and PM game is RM110 for Sat!

Cheers!

Thanks bro for the info. Am playing on Fri. Adjusted my expectation so tat i will b too disappointed.
Neutral

Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Bro KN & Groo111, enjoy the fairways... have a good game!
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Bro KN & Groo111, enjoy the fairways... have a good game!
Thx bro
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 pm

I also played there recently, think the green is badly damaged...fairway still ok.
Back to top Go down
Shellman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:38 pm

They even installed a huge fan at that particular hole to 'blow dry' the green.....
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:19 am

@BigblackGoof, Legends @RM50 with CIMB card! Which one? The basic "silver"one or the World card?
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:03 am

I heard there are talk about re-turfing the whole course (pls don't quote me).
Seletar completed and Jurong - on going.

Probably this will be in their Agenda in the coming AGM.

Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sing Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes the greens are pretty much all dead. The 16th, which has been out of play for weeks is still dead - so I would think they need to be torn up and start all over again.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 pm

beehome wrote:
@BigblackGoof, Legends @RM50 with CIMB card! Which one? The basic "silver"one or the World card?

Bro only d black one can play in these golf courses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warren GOlf and Country Club   Warren GOlf and Country Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warren GOlf and Country Club
Page 1 of 1