Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner

Go down 
+19
diveheck
Shwong2003
enwee
mengteck71
hkhamateur
HyBriD
mitatr
timang84
benedictteo83
Turbo
NikeN
kuuligan
GD
Newtogolf
AMF
devil_wq
Technospaz
shamusan
DLWL
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mitatr
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mitatr

Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Saw few guys selling away the coverts drivers. Maybe not that fantastic afterall. Anyhow will go try at Laguna one day. Any bros know the selling price of the covert drivers? Thks
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:11 am

mitatr wrote:
Saw few guys selling away the coverts drivers. Maybe not that fantastic afterall. Anyhow will go try at Laguna one day. Any bros know the selling price of the covert drivers? Thks

Why dun you ask "why Tiger is not using it?" Laughing

I personally find it very strange looking with a "pit" at the bottom of the club ... To me, it looks awfully strange ... Apologies to those Covert Driver lovers ... No offense intended ... merely my personal take ...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 pm

i should have gotten the non Pro version. I dun have the speed to compress the face... hence selling.. it is the Indian, not the Arrow

For every equipment, there will be the love-hate relationship

I love NIKE but have to swallow pride to go for easier clubs Smile
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 am

mengteck71 wrote:
i should have gotten the non Pro version. I dun have the speed to compress the face... hence selling.. it is the Indian, not the Arrow

For every equipment, there will be the love-hate relationship

I love NIKE but have to swallow pride to go for easier clubs Smile

MT, why the face not the shaft? Mind sharing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 am

I changed the stock shaft to MRC B series... still cant feel the umph of the face on the Pro version. However, when I tried the same shaft on xHot, oh mind..... the rest is history.. Smile

guess have to have swing speed to exploit the face technology..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am

mengteck71 wrote:
I changed the stock shaft to MRC B series... still cant feel the umph of the face on the Pro version. However, when I tried the same shaft on xHot, oh mind..... the rest is history.. Smile

guess have to have swing speed to exploit the face technology..
MT, I also tried my friend's tour version with BB 6S. It swing like a lamp post, no load feel at all but the same shaft put into other clubs like the VR Pro, felt much better. I also not sure what's wrong with the tour head. In fact most of the tour heads I tried it's never as stiff as this covert.

My friend change from tour to non tour then back to his old nike...... Sad
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Bcoz of the new adaptor? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shwong2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Seems that those who tried the Covert are all having some kind difficulty. This is unusual.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:17 pm

NikeN wrote:
Bcoz of the new adaptor? scratch
No idea wor.....because so far most of the tour head I tried it's never been so hard to launch than this.

Last night trying a fren 910 D3, yes it's harder than usual but still managed to launch it ok after a bit of adjustment but this...... Question
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 pm

benedictteo83 wrote:
i heard from my friend saying nike and titlist clubs are harder to use but nv try it myself before except titlist wedge i had which i seldom use. wanne try using them 1 of these days.

GD wrote:
I Offer my Salute to those who can use NIKE clubs White Flag

I was very very skeptical about NIKE clubs till i hands on the NIKE VR Wedges. To me, personal feel, a heaven's gift. I initially bought the 56* and 60* as a pair, and got the 52* right after i tried the wedges a few times on the course to make it a complete set.

Back to the topic, i had my lessons at Mandai Exec range and the Pro shop assistant allow me to demo the NIKE VRS Covert driver 9.5* on a Bassara 53x5ct R flex shaft (almost the same as what i am using currently on my RBZ 9.5*). I demoed the Cobra AMP 9.5* as well.

Surprisingly, I kinda like the dull aluminium sound provided by the NIKE VRS covert. I admit initially it sounded weird, but at least it doesnt sound so 刺耳 (Ear-piercing, compared to the RBZ and AMP) to me and slowly it became very comfortable.

It is also more forgiving in my opinion, compared to the RBZ and AMP, and drives are launching more consistently, and straighter during mishits. Distance is further for me too (i was surprised too as the sound tells me the otherwise), not sure for others.

In my personal feel, the impact of the driver does not provide too much feedback to your hand, during a good hit, as well as a mishit, but this is what i prefer and like. Some frens that i know of prefers clubs that provides more feedback during hits.

2 cents
Hope it helps.

Cheers!
P.S: i am changing my RBZ head soon to the VRS Covert, just waiting for the seller to come back singapore.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 pm

diveheck wrote:

Surprisingly, I kinda like the dull aluminium sound provided by the NIKE VRS covert. I admit initially it sounded weird, but at least it doesnt sound so 刺耳 (Ear-piercing, compared to the RBZ and AMP) to me and slowly it became very comfortable.

No, the Cobra AMP driver does not produce ear-piercing sound like what you said above ... In fact, it sounded a little dull even when hit on the sweet spot ... BTW, I am using a Cobra AMP driver currently ... Cobra Smiley

Yes, TM and Callaway drivers usually produce sharp ear-piercing sound ... I heard they invest alot of $$$ in creating the right impact sound ... Laughing

I suggest you try up the RBZ Stage II and Callaway Xhot before you decide on the Nike Covert driver ...
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Turbo wrote:
diveheck wrote:

No, the Cobra AMP driver does not produce ear-piercing sound like what you said above ... In fact, it sounded a little dull even when hit on the sweet spot ... BTW, I am using a Cobra AMP driver currently ... Cobra Smiley

Yes, TM and Callaway drivers usually produce sharp ear-piercing sound ... I heard they invest alot of $$$ in creating the right impact sound ... Laughing

I suggest you try up the RBZ Stage II and Callaway Xhot before you decide on the Nike Covert driver ...

Agreed with bro Turbo on the sound, I'm also using Amp driver.

The sound definitely consider more dull as compare to other brands like taylormade or clevelands which i used to own. I have not personally tried the new nike covert driver, too shy to say 'sorry'.

lol!
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Turbo wrote:
diveheck wrote:

Have you tried the RBZ stage II alrdy? have no chance to test it yet. what is the main difference between RBZ and RBZ stage II?
Back to top Go down
kuuligan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:57 am

diveheck wrote:

Have you tried the RBZ stage II alrdy? have no chance to test it yet. what is the main difference between RBZ and RBZ stage II?

slightly off topic but I've tried the, supposedly shorter, R1 on the course and wasn't a fan of the sound but boy...I'm getting amazing distance out of it. Ball literally jumps off the face!
Back to top Go down
playgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:32 am

How are the cobra drivers? I know they look good with different colors to choose. Are they forgiving? Some reviews from those using this driver as compare to others? thanks much.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:33 pm

playgolf wrote:
How are the cobra drivers? I know they look good with different colors to choose. Are they forgiving? Some reviews from those using this driver as compare to others? thanks much.

noobie here using an S2. i find it rather forgiving. quite nice off the face. not difficult to control
Back to top Go down
playlikepro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
playlikepro

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm

shamusan wrote:
wow...

maybe there is something wrong with me cos i felt that the covert was on of the most unforgiving drivers i've tried this year...

i gamed it this morning and it just felt awful...

Ahem... I'm willing to take it off your hands cheers
For the right price of course....

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:17 pm

I am sure the Non Tour 460cc should be ok. But really cant feel for the Tour 430cc head.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:49 pm

zhikang wrote:
playgolf wrote:

noobie here using an S2. i find it rather forgiving. quite nice off the face. not difficult to control

I believe he was referring to the latest Cobra AMP Cell drivers ... White, Silver, Red, Blue and Orange ... Cobra Smiley
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Turbo wrote:
zhikang wrote:
playgolf wrote:

I believe he was referring to the latest Cobra AMP Cell drivers ... White, Silver, Red, Blue and Orange ... Cobra Smiley

And a limited edition Green one too! Nice....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:02 pm

playlikepro wrote:
Ahem... I'm willing to take it off your hands cheers
For the right price of course....

One hell of a cool adventurous golfer you are ... Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:33 am

devil_wq wrote:
Turbo wrote:
zhikang wrote:
playgolf wrote:

And a limited edition Green one too! Nice....

oooops....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner   Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike VRS Covert Review by a Beginner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2