Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny

Go down 
+3
Turbo
tonnyfong
joshyo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny Empty
PostSubject: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

The review is one post down.
Cheers.

Last edited by joshyo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonnyfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks Josh for lending me his covert for a try out.

This is just my personal review of his driver.

A little about me, I'm a strong 18 hc currently playing my own driver with proforce v2 HT reg flex and standard size grip. Average drive around 230m with it. I don't slice my balls, but I might push my drives at most 35m to the right. Once awhile I'll hit hooks but very seldom probably once or twice in a 18 hole game.

Joshua's covert tour is a stock Macgregor Axiv green stiff flex shaft. And it sure feels as stiff as an after market stiff driver shaft and with a mid size grip. Its heavy and demands much more effort to swing it.

Distance & Forgivability
So I use it for the first 9 holes without much expectations but it delivers. Distance wise I still average it at 230m, but what makes me impress is how forgiving it is. When I push it's just about 25 to 30m to the right. And when I have a bad hook, the ball still manage to fly 170m and with bounce on the rough at mbgc and roll on the buggy track on the left, it's still a 230m drive with free lift.

Feel
Like I have mentioned, this club with it's shaft and grip makes it demanding for me to swing it, but surprisingly. It feel soft off the face. A very comfortable feeling.

Look & Sound
It looks great looking down at it. I enjoy the fact the club head size is 435cc. Correct me if I'm wron though. Muted sound even when I hit it right at the sweet spot. Not the sound I like though. I prefer it much louder.

Of course there are too many factors that can cause it like type of shaft, flex, luck and my swing. But I think with a more familiar shaft, I'm quite confident it will go further. You guys might say because of the shaft, that's why dispersion is tighter and all. But too much to unknown factors and it's impossible for me to give a too extensive review of it.

Ask me questions if I missed anything out. Do give the cavity back driver a try during the demo days.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Tonny, what kinda trajectory you get out of this driver? Whats the loft of this driver?
Back to top Go down
tonnyfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 pm

I have a mid trajectory with the covert tour. Set at 9.5* Neutral.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

tonnyfong wrote:

Joshua's covert tour is a stock Macgregor Axiv green stiff flex shaft. And it sure feels as stiff as an after market stiff driver shaft and with a mid size grip. Its heavy and demands much more effort to swing it.

How come the Stock shaft is Macgregor? I thought the Covert Tour stock shaft is MRC Kurukage Silver. This is what stated in the official website.
Back to top Go down
tonnyfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 am

Hahhaa. Josh find's it too soft. And somehow his old macgregor shaft is in his liking. So he went to switch it. He still have the Kurokage with him though.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

Oh i see...so its not stock shaft.. wonder where u got extra adaptors Smile
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 am

Is the adaptor the same as the previous Str8-fit type?
Those kind are notoriously hard to remove and replace. Lost afew ferules.

Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Meng, the adapter, i pulled from the stock shaft. Vinc golf @ fesc also sells the adapters anw. I think he told me like $50 each. Or smth like tt.

DLWL, I think its a whole new adapter? If not how to adjust loft and face angle independently. This one has loft settings from 8.5-12.5 1* difference in btwn.
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Yes, the Covert have totally different adapter compare to STR8.
i would expect the adapter is ex, remember fesc selling the str8 aro $60-80. Shocked
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
zenselv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
zenselv

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm

josh how much u paid for this Driver?
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:55 pm

$560. Off the rack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny   Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of the Covert Tour. By Tonny
Page 1 of 1