Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?

Go down 
+31
robert33
hkhamateur
abadan
Acemangill
simoner
crayon33
ahnah
MadScientist
boboking
mengteck71
nutty88
9points
S70B
fatmax
ahhhling
chip_munkie
krone
Lonewo1f
DGman
Ssquirrel
eiji
nicasio
zakevich
sob
pushslice
enwee
asahi
Technospaz
Derek
matthew.wong.92123
Turbo
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

krone wrote:
chip_munkie wrote:
bro, there was s demo at JCC on 4 Apr.. ovet liao

oh man..... thanks bro.... have read rave reviews abt it but just feel like trying it out for myself before i get it... otherwise i would have to get the RBZ stage 2 already but im still more of a Callaway man... darn....

You can go to driving range with Pan West. Think it should be ready for demo soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:58 pm

ahhhling wrote:
krone wrote:
chip_munkie wrote:
bro, there was s demo at JCC on 4 Apr.. ovet liao

oh man..... thanks bro.... have read rave reviews abt it but just feel like trying it out for myself before i get it... otherwise i would have to get the RBZ stage 2 already but im still more of a Callaway man... darn....

You can go to driving range with Pan West. Think it should be ready for demo soon.

Yeah, perhaps the one in OCC range ... Panwest has the PRO shop infront of the range ...
Back to top Go down
Lonewo1f
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Lonewo1f wrote:
Hi,

Am a newbie and would like to seek advise. i am still searching for 5 wood. Would it be cheaper to purchase the xhot fairway in US or SG ? I have a colleague going over to US and would like to "tumpang" her to get back for me. Thanks for your advise.

I believe it's generally cheaper in the US but you need to be mindful of sales tax in some states, e.g. CA charges a 9% sales tax which you only see once you get to the cashier, i.e. it's not built it into the price.

Also, if your friend gets stopped at SG customs, she may be slapped with GST. If she looks like she's bringing back her own clubs, i.e. in a golf bag etc., the risks are lower. But if she's carrying your club in a neat brown box, then she may be asked about the item by officials.

Truth is, my fave shopping spot is eBay. Great choices, great prices but you need to do your homework, be patient and be streetsmart when it comes to buying online.

Thanks for the info bro!
Back to top Go down
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Ok guys... whr can I go to do fitting onda X-HOT sss?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 pm

fatmax wrote:
Ok guys... whr can I go to do fitting onda X-HOT sss?

Carlsbad.

Can just rent a car n drive south on the I-5 after one of your SIN-LAX flights.

flower
Back to top Go down
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Dui le ah seng! U thk I go holiday lk u ah? I m so dead beat alrdy by the time I get in there.... Btw I m in nids of coaching sessions againzzz...
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Let's see if XHot Driver will still be as hot once this certain prototype wonder becomes available to general public Smile

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/04/09/phil-s-phrankenwood--it-s-a-reality.html

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am

Ok, I just got the xhot 10.5* in Project X Velocity R flex and played a game at Poresia yesterday. I am not good in providing reviews but my feedback will be as follow: -

I played 27 holes yesterday afternoon as weather was superb and I took the driver to course without hitting any ball prior. Topped the first tee shot and luckily managed to cross the hazard at Sakura hole #1, which is about 1890-190 yds to clear.

The sound was a bit dead which I am not used to. The neutral setting also makes it a tag closed face at address and I usually play drivers with an open face. It does look a bit weird but I didn't want to tweak the standard settings.

I started to make minor adjustments to my setup and had several decent drives with 8 fairways out of 14 drives (I know, I am bad) for my first 18 holes. On the 3rd nine holes, I had 6 fairway in regulation and it could have been 7 if not because my drive hit a stupid tree in the middle of the fairway and bounced left into the rough.

For those who think this driver is unusually long, I have to disagree. It does give me better carry distance as compared to RBZ and Adams 9064LS which are drivers which I have been using. However, the roll is much less which resulted in total distance to be slightly shorter. Granted the fairway was wet yesterday and I am glad the carry distance was quite decent. The lesser roll may be due to lesser spin rate which I have to verify via launch monitor.

Having played Poresia regularly, this driver has not brought me to places I have never been. hence, I can only conclude that it did not give me extra yardage.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Change the shaft maybe?

I tried it with Tour AD BB before and the distance is very good.
Longer than the BB with Razr fit.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 am

I can vow for the X Hot driver. I did not change.. but wife got it fitted with Matrix Radix..suppose to game it on Sun but due to rain, she went range instead.

After 3 weeks of break and after a few irons shots, she took out the driver, admire it.. and did a couple of practice swing.. then she just took a swing at the ball without much expectation..

Wow.. the ball explode off the face and carry about 140-150 meter and roll up another 10-20m. She was stunned.. and thought maybe fluke.. and took another few hits..

I would say my friends and myself are presently surprised about the tight dispersion and consistent carry. My wife also said it is so forgiving and went away after range so so happy.

Some may say 140m - 150m carry is short.. but for those who have seen my petite wife will agree that it is considered far. Furthermore.. the shaft was virgin Smile

Thanks Eric

Last edited by mengteck71 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 am

Please don't get me wrong here.

The driver is indeed good and very forgiving. In terms of distance, I think it is slightly shorter or at most on par with my RBZ and both drivers are with stock shafts. So those who expect additional 20yds or more may be disappointed with the outcome.

Would I recommend this driver, hell yes. With the neutral setting, the ball just want to go straight. In terms of shaping shots, I have not tried it so not in the position to comment.
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 am

Here's the latest from MGS:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/2013-longest-driver-golf/
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 am

I'm using it... 10.5
after two runs at mbgc...
Very forgiving and distance easy to get a little better.
Shaping shots I am not good at it yet, but when it happens, it happens nicely!
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:22 am

See the review I can't sleep Liao
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:32 am

you think thats bad...i fitted a 13 year old today who is supposed to be the best from Johore....

with a ATTAS 6 X....he ditched his new RBZ in record time.....for the Xtreme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 am

So he throw his RBZ at your place already ?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 am

ahnah wrote:
So he throw his RBZ at your place already ?
Get xhot....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am

my bad, its a R1.....and clearly all the high push right shots were gone after switching.

ahnah you want?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am

must RESIST .....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

Derek, i hope your anti-charm is better than the water fountain super charm.......
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 am

DGman wrote:
my bad, its a R1.....and clearly all the high push right shots were gone after switching.

ahnah you want?

I try to come this Sat to try out your Xhot driver as discussed earlier.

I don't know whether I can handle any of this good driver or not.

I will bring my old driver (no brand no name) as well.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 am

ahnah wrote:
DGman wrote:

ahnah you want?

ahnah, how you compared volkswagen to chery?????
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

enwee wrote:
ahnah wrote:
DGman wrote:

ahnah you want?

ahnah, how you compared volkswagen to chery?????

both car never drive before, i can't comment.

as for both RBZ and XHot, I never use or try before.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am

XHOT vs Extreme.. which is more forgiving and further?
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm

X hot more forgiving n extreme is longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next