Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?

Go down 
+31
robert33
hkhamateur
abadan
Acemangill
simoner
crayon33
ahnah
MadScientist
boboking
mengteck71
nutty88
9points
S70B
fatmax
ahhhling
chip_munkie
krone
Lonewo1f
DGman
Ssquirrel
eiji
nicasio
zakevich
sob
pushslice
enwee
asahi
Technospaz
Derek
matthew.wong.92123
Turbo
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  Empty
PostSubject: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 am

Awesome speed ... Real hot driver in town ... Mind you, he is a mere 5 Foot 10 inches guy and yet he bombs a drive of 400 yards on average! affraid

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am

Jamie Sadlowski, 2 times REMAX Champ who has a clubhead speed of 140mph+. Us mere mortal average bout 100mph. Increase 1mph averages 3 yards. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:46 am

I believe the vast majority of social golfers have a driver swing speed in the 80mph to 90 mph range.

100mph driver swing speed, equates to approximately 210m-220m carry distance and about 225m-250m total distance, depending on ground condition. I very much doubt if that is the average (or median) distance for social golfers.

Which makes the swing speed that Jamie Sadlowski is able to generate that much more impressive ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 am

Derek, most PGA pros have swing speeds of 100+ mph, right?

Notwithstanding, higher swing speeds give rise to an increased risk of mishits, unless you're super sharp with impact.

Oftentimes, it's better to slow down and get better impact than to fire away... to the right.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am

Techno is right!

Similarly for some nocturnal activity, best to slow down and focus on impact and hitting the spot rather than just anyhow whack left, right, centre.
Wise words indeed!

Now, ermmmm, the XHot driver is hot.

Razz
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 am

Even his driver also 300 yards.....
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 am

@TS ... I am not too sure about PGA Pros ... largely because I do not try to emulate them in any way ... but I think that all of them, even the slowest swingers, are in excess of 100mph for driver swing speed.

I prefer benchmarking against the LPGA Pros cos with the proper technique, training and mindset, I feel a mid 90s swing speed is achievable for myself ...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am

Every driver is limited to the same COR limit set by USGA liao, by now most big manuf are already at or decimal points close to the limit

The only really 'hot' drivers are non conforming ones

Thats not case with woods and hybrids tho...still got space to go, proven by RBZ
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:39 am

Jaime will crack a regular driver head after a couple of swings, so those that he uses for the long drives are customed.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 am

asahi wrote:
Techno is right!

Similarly for some nocturnal activity, best to slow down and focus on impact and hitting the spot rather than just anyhow whack left, right, centre.
Wise words indeed!

Now, ermmmm, the XHot driver is hot.

Razz

Wise words indeed.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm

There was a long drive friendly competition among the longest hitters on PGA Tour versus Jamie Sadlowsky ... Representing PGA Tour longest hitters are, Bubba Watson, Gary Woodland and Dustin Johnson (wonder why Robert Garrigus & JB Holmes were not invited) ... No prize for guessing who was the longest hitter among this golfers ... Callaway
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Did jamie just reply that his driver's loft is 5 degree? And what is the weight of the X hot club head?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 pm

enwee wrote:
Even his driver also 300 yards.....

Bro, his putter is 300 yards ... His driver is 410 yards ... Smile
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 am

The XHot is really hot....2 days ago I have received my shipment from the poisonous Den the XHot Pro....wow..it is awesome...

Ball flights slightly low from my previous razr fit 9.5deg with the same shaft...amazingly the distance are really really long and hot..

Even u didn't hit at the sweet spot the ball still fly and rolling quite a distance...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:32 am

the Xtreme fit performs better for me over the X hot pro.

anyway will be testing it both on course soon to compare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 am

I was also fitted for the Xtreme fit over the XHot pro. The composite head reduces the spin rates for me.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am

Was not fitted but Extreme Fit gives me better feel and distance over the XHot, based on a range test I did 2-3 mths back.

Would love to test them on course to confirm though.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 pm

I tried both extreme n xhot but the xhot pro fitted me more....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
I was also fitted for the Xtreme fit over the XHot pro. The composite head reduces the spin rates for me.

i was hearing that on every hole when i played with SS last week....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lonewo1f
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi,

Am a newbie and would like to seek advise. i am still searching for 5 wood. Would it be cheaper to purchase the xhot fairway in US or SG ? I have a colleague going over to US and would like to "tumpang" her to get back for me. Thanks for your advise.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Lonewo1f wrote:
Hi,

Am a newbie and would like to seek advise. i am still searching for 5 wood. Would it be cheaper to purchase the xhot fairway in US or SG ? I have a colleague going over to US and would like to "tumpang" her to get back for me. Thanks for your advise.

I believe it's generally cheaper in the US but you need to be mindful of sales tax in some states, e.g. CA charges a 9% sales tax which you only see once you get to the cashier, i.e. it's not built it into the price.

Also, if your friend gets stopped at SG customs, she may be slapped with GST. If she looks like she's bringing back her own clubs, i.e. in a golf bag etc., the risks are lower. But if she's carrying your club in a neat brown box, then she may be asked about the item by officials.

Truth is, my fave shopping spot is eBay. Great choices, great prices but you need to do your homework, be patient and be streetsmart when it comes to buying online.
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm

any bros know where we can try out the x-hot drivers and iron? does pan west have demo clubs for us to try?
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 pm

bro, there was s demo at JCC on 4 Apr.. ovet liao
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 pm

chip_munkie wrote:

oh man..... thanks bro.... have read rave reviews abt it but just feel like trying it out for myself before i get it... otherwise i would have to get the RBZ stage 2 already but im still more of a Callaway man... darn....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 pm

chip_munkie wrote:

I also wanna get my hands on it to see if it really makes me feel HOT! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?    How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How hot is the latest Callaway XHot Driver?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next