Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves

Go down 
+19
blee67
s-killer
Denmeister
Birdman
hiryu
marmarchen
zhikang
dexter06
audi
JimB976
wolverine
Slicer51
and68low
abadan
9points
Afat
shimizu.toruk
elyjacob
Turbo
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

Birdman wrote:
and68low wrote:
Footjoy "tropic cool" comes out tops to all other wet weather gloves hands down IMO... some new "nano lock fibre" they used.
I'm with Andrew on this one. FJ's TropiCool grips wet or dry, and the fibre is so sheer, you can feel the breeze through the fabric. Great feel too because of how thin it is. Downside is that the light coloured fabric blackens quickly. I've been told it's washable though I've yet to try that.

Another good option is Adidas AdiZero gloves. Another all weather that's thin, light, and with great feel.
Bro, i always wash my Tropic Cool after each game, so washing is never an issue to this glove.

i feel that Tropic Cool works fantastic in dry condition, but not in the rain. So i always have a pair of FJ Rain Glove in my bag just in case ...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:09 pm

s-killer wrote:
Birdman wrote:
and68low wrote:
Footjoy "tropic cool" comes out tops to all other wet weather gloves hands down IMO... some new "nano lock fibre" they used.
I'm with Andrew on this one. FJ's TropiCool grips wet or dry, and the fibre is so sheer, you can feel the breeze through the fabric. Great feel too because of how thin it is. Downside is that the light coloured fabric blackens quickly. I've been told it's washable though I've yet to try that.

Another good option is Adidas AdiZero gloves. Another all weather that's thin, light, and with great feel.
Bro, i always wash my Tropic Cool after each game, so washing is never an issue to this glove.

i feel that Tropic Cool works fantastic in dry condition, but not in the rain. So i always have a pair of FJ Rain Glove in my bag just in case ...
Thanks for the info Killer. Got my first one ready for washing, but can all that black be washed clean out of the glove?

I've used the TropiCool when damp and so far so good, not entirely wet though.

Haha... Like you, I also have the same FJ Rain Glove for rainy days. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Birdman wrote:

Thanks for the info Killer. Got my first one ready for washing, but can all that black be washed clean out of the glove?

I've used the TropiCool when damp and so far so good, not entirely wet though.

Haha... Like you, I also have the same FJ Rain Glove for rainy days. Very Happy   
unfortunately, the black does not come off completely on the white gloves, its just part of problem with white anything Smile

my 7i nearly flew off my hand when i use it in a wet weather during a rain. i would not dare to try it again, so i always standby a Rain Glove Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks bro. Ya, always a problem when white meets black. My iron headcovers are now permanently off white, lol.

Lucky you. My 7 iron did fly out of my hand on the third hole par three at Tanjong Puteri's C course, and into the water hazard. Had to wade in until almost waist deep to retrieve it with bare feet. That's why now I also have the same rain glove as you. lol! 

Little known but perhaps one day useful fact: when an iron is submerged in water, it stands erect. The heavy head sinks it to the bottom, and the rubber grip floats so the shaft stands vertical. I found this out first hand. geek
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thanks bro. Ya, always a problem when white meets black. My iron headcovers are now permanently off white, lol.

Lucky you. My 7 iron did fly out of my hand on the third hole par three at Tanjong Puteri's C course, and into the water hazard. Had to wade in until almost waist deep to retrieve it with bare feet. That's why now I also have the same rain glove as you. lol! 

Little known but perhaps one day useful fact: when an iron is submerged in water, it stands erect. The heavy head sinks it to the bottom, and the rubber grip floats so the shaft stands vertical. I found this out first hand. geek
Interesting BM. Thanks for the heads up on the little known fact.cheers
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Birdman wrote:

No kidding! Waist deep? As if the rain has not made you wet enough!
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:30 pm

@Birdman. Interesting fact about the club. Thanks for this little nugget of info. Out of curiosity , were u using steel or graphite shaft?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 am

What was Phil M wearing during the last BMW when it was pouring? He had both hands on gloves.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:53 pm

@ s-killer. It was because I was wet through oredi that I decided to go in after it. It was funny when it happened, but not after one nine when I realised that I wouldn't be able to replace that iron which was part of discontinued range.

@ jumpz. It was steel, but I don't think it would have mattered even if it was graphite. It was the air trapped within the shaft that was making the grip end float.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Birdman wrote:
@ s-killer. It was because I was wet through oredi that I decided to go in after it. It was funny when it happened, but not after one nine when I realised that I wouldn't be able to replace that iron which was part of discontinued range.

@ jumpz. It was steel, but I don't think it would have mattered even if it was graphite. It was the air trapped within the shaft that was making the grip end float.
Will the shaft corrodes on the inside surface even if you managed to slavage it? Unless you disassemble the head/grip and blow dry the inside of the shaft ...
Back to top Go down
albus dumbledore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albus dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 pm

marmarchen wrote:
Any bro here can recommend where to get Fit 39 gloves at good price currently? Golf Simply lady boss says stock coming in but she said the same thing like half a year back. 

I keep losing my gloves and seems like pricing ranges anywhere from $23 - $29 elsewhere.
i paid ard 18bucks, but its more durable den the FJ i'm currently using, and the grip is goodddd....
Back to top Go down
edtv75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Fit 39...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 am

fit39 is a good glove. but after washing it, it becomes hard and not really nice to use. i switch from fit39 to FJ all weather (white colour), gives me good grip and it feels really soft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2