Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves

Go down 
+19
blee67
s-killer
Denmeister
Birdman
hiryu
marmarchen
zhikang
dexter06
audi
JimB976
wolverine
Slicer51
and68low
abadan
9points
Afat
shimizu.toruk
elyjacob
Turbo
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves Empty
PostSubject: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Have you tried All-Weather and Weather-Proof gloves before? Are they effective? Which brand is the best? FJ?

Thanks for any advice you could provide ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
elyjacob
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:57 pm

i just played at JCC this morning. There was a heavy downpour and I was usin the Fit39 Japanese gloves.. while playing in the rain, it did not slip and was quick to dry when the weather turned for the better.. u might want to give it a try.. Wink
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I've been using FJ Rain Grip almost exclusively since last year. Even though it's supposed to be a "rain glove", I use it here in all conditions.

No issues so far, in fact pretty happy with it. The palm are is made of some suede-like material while the back is quick-drying mesh. I played in a couple of wet conditions before and when it gets wetter, the better the grip becomes Very Happy

My only complaint - it doesn't come in white (only black). If you have no issues with colour coordination (i.e must have white hat / belt / shoe / glove), I'd highly recommend it.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Afat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm

elyjacob wrote:
i just played at JCC this morning. There was a heavy downpour and I was usin the Fit39 Japanese gloves.. while playing in the rain, it did not slip and was quick to dry when the weather turned for the better.. u might want to give it a try.. Wink

Fit39 is good glove, good grip, not eeasily smelly and it's washable
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:42 pm

FJ Rain Grip would be on top of the list from a few to consider I reckon...
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:55 pm

I like the Fit39's. They are good under any types of weather conditions. And they last a looooong time! Smile
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Footjoy "tropic cool" comes out tops to all other wet weather gloves hands down IMO... some new "nano lock fibre" they used.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Afat wrote:
elyjacob wrote:

Bro, where do you buy your Fit39 glove in Singapore ?
Back to top Go down
elyjacob
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

saw it first time at isetan orchard.. so many colours! in the end bought at occ ping shop.. not the closing sale golf shop..
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Afat wrote:
elyjacob wrote:

Many places sell them. Most of the shops in FESC, as well as Golf House outlets. I know the one in Suntec definitely has them, but FESC might be cheaper
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Afat wrote:
elyjacob wrote:

Hi Pak Slicer,

Bought mine from Golf Simply during their promotion @ $30 for 2.

Don't know whether it still on, can check for you.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:11 am

wolverine wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Afat wrote:
elyjacob wrote:

Hi Pak Slicer,

Bought mine from Golf Simply during their promotion @ $30 for 2.

Don't know whether it still on, can check for you.

Thank you bro
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 am

Have used FJ rain grip glove for a few years but recently tried tropicool and have to say it is very good
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 am

Pak Slicer,

golf house sells them. 1 piece for 200k. i'm using one now, have to say best glove i've used.

but the only thing that i dont like about this glove: when your friend with bigger hand borrows it, it will fit to his size and will be loose when you use it again. coz it is suppose to be tight fitting to your hand
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks for all the feedbacks, dudes! I have just invested in a S$19 FJ Rain Grip to try out over the weekend ... I'll try the Fit39 in the near future ...

Back to top Go down
dexter06
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dexter06

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 am

Turbo wrote:
Thanks for all the feedbacks, dudes! I have just invested in a S$19 FJ Rain Grip to try out over the weekend ... I'll try the Fit39 in the near future ...

Nice, I will get the same too...
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I just got a Mizuno JPX All-Weather glove from Golf House @ Suntec. Quite a steal at $12.90 so bought to try... First thoughts, quite comfy, but yet to play with it yet.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 pm

zhikang wrote:
I just got a Mizuno JPX All-Weather glove from Golf House @ Suntec. Quite a steal at $12.90 so bought to try... First thoughts, quite comfy, but yet to play with it yet.

Thats a great price ... Thanks for the head up bro!

Have a blessed XMAS! santa
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Turbo wrote:
zhikang wrote:

Thats a great price ... Thanks for the head up bro!

Have a blessed XMAS! santa

Have a good holiday season everyone! Btw the good thing abt Mizuno gloves @ GH is that they have many sizes available ranging from 21 - 26cm i saw, was able to find a good fit for myself
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Any bro here can recommend where to get Fit 39 gloves at good price currently? Golf Simply lady boss says stock coming in but she said the same thing like half a year back. 

I keep losing my gloves and seems like pricing ranges anywhere from $23 - $29 elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Creative golf sells at $20.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

hiryu wrote:
Creative golf sells at $20.
Golf Simply offers the best price at $15 each ...
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah but it's always no stock for me in M..
Rather pay $5 more and get to choose in whatever colours I want at Joe's.
But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 am

and68low wrote:
Footjoy "tropic cool" comes out tops to all other wet weather gloves hands down IMO... some new "nano lock fibre" they used.
I'm with Andrew on this one. FJ's TropiCool grips wet or dry, and the fibre is so sheer, you can feel the breeze through the fabric. Great feel too because of how thin it is. Downside is that the light coloured fabric blackens quickly. I've been told it's washable though I've yet to try that.

Another good option is Adidas AdiZero gloves. Another all weather that's thin, light, and with great feel.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 am

I like FJ 's twin pack gloves that are bang for the Buck.

I will actually rotate between three pairs of gloves and if I am playing in the rain, I will just bring all three  along and change to a drier one when the one I am wearing gets too slippery.  

As I usually clock at least 3 games a week, having 3 gloves works well for me and combined, they will last me about 6 to 7 months.  

Like shoes, leather gloves tend to last longer if they are given time to breathe and dry. If they are constantly used while still damp, they tend to tear quite fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves   All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Weather or Weather Proof gloves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next