Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wet Weather Gloves

Go down 
+7
HyBriD
Derek
CoastGuy
MrBig
TDO
Vinny
sillytesky
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 am

Hello,

Would like to get some advice regarding golfing in the rain (assuming no lighting status).

Played last week but was caught in the rain and had problem gripping the clubs. Realised that it was getting slippery (even after wiping) and i tighten my grip; which was a bad decision. My right palm also got afew small blisters as a result of a tighten grip.

Will wet weather gloves help? Have not notice them as yet but online seems that they come complete left and right hands.

What else can i do? Short of driving back to the club house and have a beer Beer

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 am

Fit 39 Gloves + GripMaster Cowhide Grips = Perfect Combo To Tackle Wet Weather
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am

I like to share a little secret (may not be a secret to some). I don't wear glove when playing but when it rains, I use my handkerchief to wrap round the grip and it works wonderfully. No slippage even when wet.
Back to top Go down
MrBig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrBig

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 am

I use wet weather glove coz I've got sweaty palms Smile
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 am

sillytesky wrote:
Hello,

Would like to get some advice regarding golfing in the rain (assuming no lighting status).

Played last week but was caught in the rain and had problem gripping the clubs. Realised that it was getting slippery (even after wiping) and i tighten my grip; which was a bad decision. My right palm also got afew small blisters as a result of a tighten grip.

Will wet weather gloves help? Have not notice them as yet but online seems that they come complete left and right hands.

What else can i do? Short of driving back to the club house and have a beer Beer

Thanks.

Bro, I highly recommend Footjoy "Raingrip" or "Tropicool". Buy one and try, you will not regret it... Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 am

My personal experience is that wet weather gloves really help.

I use the FJ rain grip glove all the time. It is cheap, durable and performs well in the rain, on extremely hot days (where you sweat a lot) and at the range.

Also, reasonably priced. I loved the soft carbretta gloves for a while, but realised that they tend to work better in cooler climates
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Cool.

I guess i will have to keep a pair of rain gloves in the bag.

Now the question is which one to buy? scratch
Back to top Go down
MrBig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrBig

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Derek wrote:
My personal experience is that wet weather gloves really help.

I use the FJ rain grip glove all the time. It is cheap, durable and performs well in the rain, on extremely hot days (where you sweat a lot) and at the range.

Also, reasonably priced. I loved the soft carbretta gloves for a while, but realised that they tend to work better in cooler climates

Agree~!
Works great~!!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Fit 39 gloves works for me,
FJ & SriXon gloves are my 2nd option
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:59 pm

When gloves get wet, they are all the same. Use cord grips instead. It provides extra grip when it rains
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm

72 wrote:
When gloves get wet, they are all the same. Use cord grips instead. It provides extra grip when it rains

Sorry, but I completely disagree with this statement. Leather gloves get slick when wet, rain gloves maintain a decent level of grip even when wet.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:33 pm

SillyTesky, most likely it is time for you to change your grips, how long have you had them on your clubs and how often do you play? You might want to combine a wet weather glove with corded grips like Golf Pride's MDC for a non-slip grip in rain.

There are a variety of wet weather gloves.

The Footjoy Rain Grip uses a suede-like synthetic material which is very effective. The downside is that it is thicker than cabretta, hence less feel.

Fit 39 uses a different type of synthetic material which is somewhat thinner than the Footjoy, but still not as thin as hi-performance cabretta.

Both the Footjoy and Fit 39 have their own version of a quick dry fabric across the back of the hands.

Cabretta gloves work best when dry and are great for feel, but once they get wet, they are rubbish. Not to mention once they dry out after getting wet, they turn to cardboard and tear easily. Best to keep cabretta gloves in the sleeve they come in so the natural oils don't dry out. And never never wash a cabretta glove, whether hand or machine wash, no matter what it says on the packaging. It strips away the oils and significantly shortens the life span of the glove.
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:39 pm

I doubt i have worn out the grips as yet. Only thing is all of them are stock grips.

Was wearing leather that fateful day, prob also my poor skills that extended the problem. It was also my first play in a heavy rain condition so galang garbo abit...

Will check out those gloves suggested by the Bros here. And yes, love Cabretta golves Smile

Much thanks.
Back to top Go down
sillytesky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sillytesky

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 pm

2 things happen this week....

I brought a Fit39 right side glove, quite like the snug fit feeling. 10 mins later my instructor walks in and said, "aiyah, just use a handkerchief will do lah...."

Piangz...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Bro, I highly recommend Footjoy "Raingrip" or "Tropicool". Buy one and try, you will not regret it... Smile [/quote]

I agree. I love these gloves
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:11 pm

As if necessary - I also second the comment for Raingrip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wet Weather Gloves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Weather Gloves   Wet Weather Gloves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wet Weather Gloves
Page 1 of 1