Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft

Go down 
+11
h0ok_fighter
slinger
mengteck71
WILL33
nutty88
enwee
aquaman
IGT
Fatboy
DGman
youming
15 posters
AuthorMessage
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft Empty
PostSubject: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Take a day with BFG, got my club back with a set new steel fiber i80. Direct do to MBGC range for test.

Before start hit ball, the club feel very light (my old set shaft are DG lite R300, is about 115g). Start from 9 iron. It is much easy swing, but ball flight quite like my steel shaft, everything under control. for my 7 iron, more easy give my for almost 5-10 meter extra distance. I have keep my 4 Iron since it is very hard to make the flight, some time same distance 5 iron, but tday I got 170 meter. It is too late. Tomorrow afternoon have game. Will try it.

Thanks Eric for your time!

Youming
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm

iron for iron youming's 7 iron used to weight 435g. now its 400g with a step up S flex. Based on his swing speed, swing motion and the weight of his JPX heads (after extraction), the i80 was seemingly the perfect choice.

i am sure you will gain some distance and ease of use after a couple of rounds. and after that you will never play another shaft.

have fun and the big difference is at the end of the game.

cheers and its great having you at the Den.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am

Always good to have better and lighter shaft.

Enjoy yourself with the new shafts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 am

DGman wrote:
iron for iron youming's 7 iron used to weight 435g. now its 400g with a step up S flex. Based on his swing speed, swing motion and the weight of his JPX heads (after extraction), the i80 was seemingly the perfect choice.

i am sure you will gain some distance and ease of use after a couple of rounds. and after that you will never play another shaft.

have fun and the big difference is at the end of the game.

cheers and its great having you at the Den.

DGman

Bro, just curious wouldn't this would be a trade-off for bigger dispersion? Thx
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Using same shaft i80
Lighter than my nspro 950 and easier to swing and last through 18 holes.
Hitting more GIR now with current set up. Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Using i70 on my antique rescue mid, ball trajectory is lower also straighter for me.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 pm

aquaman wrote:
Using same shaft i80
Lighter than my nspro 950 and easier to swing and last through 18 holes.
Hitting more GIR now with current set up. Smile

Are you getting better distance with i80 as compared to your nspro 950?
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

More consistent distance, and tight dispersion.
Similar distance to nspro for short iron. Better distance for mid irons.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:36 pm

aquaman wrote:
More consistent distance, and tight dispersion.
Similar distance to nspro for short iron. Better distance for mid irons.

Bro, any possibility to share the estimate the 7i weight and CPM in comparison to PX and NS Pro. Thx
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm

i just had a pro visiting from overseas at the Den. he was fitted by TM with PX 6.5. this guy is big, 6 ft 5 with floor to wrist length of 39 inch. thats a difficult fit for most - cos the clubs have to be at least an inch longer and 2 to 3 degrees more upright.

good thing we have 1 inch overlength club with a i95 X and after hitting just 5 shots, he was convinced. we did further test on 80, 90 and 100% shots with the i95 versus his PX 6.5.

all shots came out better with the Steelfiber. dispersion was tighter with the signature baby fade was evident but he gained almost one and half club length immediately. in his own words.."you seem to work less for more"

Dispersion is never a concern fitting with SF. in fact in almost all cases, it is friendlier and bad shots always turn out to be less acute and the margin of error is reduced.

again its not a miracle product while some like it, others may not. i have also seen loads of golfers who strikes better with steel shaft than with the SF. So its something one need to try and work at before getting the desired results.

DGman
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Eric,

Beside the weight difference between i70 & i80,
Any other different in technical specs?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I agree with DGman. No regrets going back to SF shafts.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

i had elbow problems before.... cos i used to play steel shafts

that was the most agonizing 3 months i have to wait to recover.....

thus i took a leap of faith n got those i95....

now i am a firm believer of these shafts....

cos i always believe that when i am healthy...i can golf

when i can golf, i can be a strong 18HC.....

Very Happy

PS: once u used them, u can also be a strong 18HC

Face Hug
Back to top Go down
h0ok_fighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
h0ok_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Was meant to spend only 45 mins to see if I should make the switch to the Aerotech shafts across my irons. Ended up a good 2 1/2 hours there testing/reviewing my own clubs versus the BFGCB003 with the i80/i70 shafts. (I was sidetracked by the beautiful putting range next door I must admit!) Completely blown away by the ease of achieving the same distance with less effort plus if one was to juice it, was surprised at how stable the head was going through the shot.

T-loaned 2 irons (5 & 7) and can't wait for the 'test drive' on the course.

This is very very poisonous stuff!!

Thanks to Eric for sharing his time and views with me!

Anyone want to buy a set of Miuras CB301...? Laughing

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 pm

let me share another case today.

a golfer who had a old set of Mizunos was in the Den today to check his loft and lie. basically there was not much problem with the lie but i noticed that he was jerky through the swing on impact. lets say this chap is not long but very consistent and confident in his swing.

so i asked him to try out an i80 and a i95. one can see that the swing was immediately smoother. close evaluation of the clubs. his i70 fitted in Australia had a bunch of lead tape on the head. he told me he added them after his switched from NS Pro 950 as he cannot feel anything.

so we weight his irons. his i70 was the same weight as the demo i80 and the i95 was about 10 g heavier than his i70. the analysis is simple, i often talked about total weight being the most important and this is a classic example.

An hour of testing (on his own to play different type of shafts) later...the verdict was out. he prefers the I80 S flex (soft step) with a lighter SW free of lead tape.

the dangerous thing of course is he also take home a BFG CB003 back home to Sydney but i am convinced he will have a better swing and striking with his new set up.

its been a busy day and thank you for your interest and response on this thread.

DGman

PS - we have fitted sets with i80 for the longer irons and i95 for the shorter irons. basically if you are re-shafting your set, the final choice can only be made when we remove all the heads and weight them. in the case of JPX or MX or legacy black series, the heads tend to be light and one may use a i95 and have the same total weight as the i80 on the BFG CB 003.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Quote :
slinger wrote:
i had elbow problems before.... cos i used to play steel shafts

that was the most agonizing 3 months i have to wait to recover.....

thus i took a leap of faith n got those i95....

now i am a firm believer of these shafts....

cos i always believe that when i am healthy...i can golf

when i can golf, i can be a strong 18HC.....

Very Happy

PS: once u used them, u can also be a strong 18HC

Face Hug

#1......for someone who is a weak 18hcpper.....do you think this is suitable for such a golfer?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Bro Duval, I have some i80s which I'm willing to let go... keen? Wink
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm

hi Bro TS.
im keen if Bro Duval doesn't want them.

pm me ur asking if possible.
thanks!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Quote :
DLWL wrote:
hi Bro TS.
im keen if Bro Duval doesn't want them.

pm me ur asking if possible.
thanks!

since Bro TS ask me first...then I will pm you my asking......hahahahahah....say 50% uplift.... just kidding la

@ Bro TS.......you damm brudder...see me struggle during game and want to help me to close the gap between me and the rest of the weak 18hcp. u the man !!!! But I will have to decline for personal reason....tell you in person on 25th
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm

WTB : Aerotech i80r

hi all, does anyone have any i80r shafts for sale? i was thinking of using them with Mizuno heads for a spare set. pls pm or text me at 9191-3838 if there is any. thx much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft   Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerotech Steel fiber Shaft
Page 1 of 1