Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries

Go down 
+16
pocketace
Itsuki
DimWit Kid
Denis
Technospaz
JimB976
Master
Newtogolf
d1g
pushslice
enwee
gingerus
blong
coe16arg
scottycollector
SingaporeOpenGolf
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SingaporeOpenGolf
BSO Officials
SingaporeOpenGolf

BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries Empty
PostSubject: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am

If you have any suggestion or queries please feel free to share them with us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.barclayssingaporeopen.com
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am

why extra 'ordanary'? if there's a pun, im not getting it...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am

oh wait sorry...that's part of ur signature....i thought it's the tag line for the BSO
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am

Any golf clinics with the pros?
Back to top Go down
SingaporeOpenGolf
BSO Officials
SingaporeOpenGolf

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:01 pm

scottycollector wrote:
why extra 'ordanary'? if there's a pun, im not getting it...

Thanks for pointing it out. There was a typo which is now corrected.

"Where Extraordinary Happens" is the tag line for BSO 2012.
Back to top Go down
SingaporeOpenGolf
BSO Officials
SingaporeOpenGolf

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm

coe16arg wrote:
Any golf clinics with the pros?

No we have not planned for any clinics with the Pros. But you can be assured there is a lot of other exciting activities taking place.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Apologies, it may sound really odd, but its a sincere question. Is it true there is free flow of beer at the tents? My friend told me this to get me to sign up.
Back to top Go down
SingaporeOpenGolf
BSO Officials
SingaporeOpenGolf

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

blong wrote:
Apologies, it may sound really odd, but its a sincere question. Is it true there is free flow of beer at the tents? My friend told me this to get me to sign up.

Yes, there is free flow of beer, but only on the Hospitality suites. So if you are in one of those suites, enjoy yourself!
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 pm

any freebies during the event?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm sure the food/drinks on that day could be cheaper would be of help to those who do not have entry to the hospitality suite.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 pm

how about more grandstands on par 3 holes?
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi, maybe it's an odd question but never been to a live golf event before: is there any chance to take a picture with the pros or to get an autograph? If so, would it be better before or after the game?
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:10 pm

What about the souvenirs lineups for BSO 2012?

Any hints of that? Other than the T-Shirt.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

SingaporeOpenGolf wrote:
If you have any suggestion or queries please feel free to share them with us.

If we vote for you, can we have covered walkways throughout the course to shelter us from the elements?

Many Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Stop staging this tournament at this time of year

It's understood that scheduling it elsewhere on the calendar is difficult but for all the "richest tournament in asia" fanfares, it will never get the support it deserves as long as it keeps getting rained out and shortened year after year

Poor value for players, fans and sponsors
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 am

JimB976 wrote:

It's understood that scheduling it elsewhere on the calendar is difficult but for all the "richest tournament in asia" fanfares, it will never get the support it deserves as long as it keeps getting rained out and shortened year after year

I have to agree.

The weather we're seeing isn't freak weather. It's obvious that Singapore is wet, windy and thundery in November. Year on year. To organize the BSO at this time is just an open invitation for delays etc.

And, it reduces the value of the tournament in the players' eyes.

But, all that said, when else can they hold such tournaments? The rest of the year is packed with PGA events so the organizers are stuck. They want to bring the best players to Singapore (which we appreciate and love) but at the same time, are forced to gamble with the weather.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am

Techno, there is a way

the week after the Masters, before Wells Fargo. April 15-28

these two weeks are filled with smaller events in PGA Tour (Heritage/Zurich Insurance)

Asian/Euro tour has Indonesian masters, Maybank Open and Volvo China Open on these weeks.

Why can't BSO swap with Volvo China? Right after Maybank Malaysia Open when most Euro players will be around the region?

This way, the euro pros can do back to back to back China events in October-November, less travelling. BMW Masters, WGC HSBC and then Volvo China Open.

I'm in Jakarta this weekend , and it doesnt rain as much as Spore
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 pm

JimB976 wrote:

+1
who wants to sponsor a washed out event?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 am

pushslice wrote:
Techno, there is a way

these two weeks are filled with smaller events in PGA Tour (Heritage/Zurich Insurance)

Asian/Euro tour has Indonesian masters, Maybank Open and Volvo China Open on these weeks.

Why can't BSO swap with Volvo China? Right after Maybank Malaysia Open when most Euro players will be around the region?

This way, the euro pros can do back to back to back China events in October-November, less travelling. BMW Masters, WGC HSBC and then Volvo China Open.

When they make me Tour Commissioner and overall-master-of-the-universe, this will be high on my list of priorities to do. That, and figuring out who bangla123 is.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Technospaz wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Techno, there is a way

When they make me Tour Commissioner and overall-master-of-the-universe, this will be high on my list of priorities to do. That, and figuring out who bangla123 is.

I totally agree with the suggestion on the timing. This is worse time of the year and can't the richest tournament "buy" its way into a better schedule. Though I read it won't be richest anymore next year....
What about early of the year before USGA tour starts?

TS - what is it with you and bangla? Is it the same fuzzy feeling I have when I'm thinking about babycroc
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 9:56 pm

This year, the pick up for the free shuttle bus is changed from the bus terminal in front of Harbourfront to the car park at Sentosa Cove. I would think the previous arrangement is better. There is only 1 way in and out of the island. One can only imagine the traffic jam after the tournament. With all those cars parked along the road after the VIP entrance does not help either. Hopefully next year, the organiser will resme back to the old arrangement...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Still got next year meh???
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Didn't they just renew the tournament for another 5 years? Not sure if the title sponsor would still be Barclays though...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 pm

pocketace wrote:
Still got next year meh???
Still have, but no longer called Barclays.
Back to top Go down
nzkiwi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Itsuki wrote:
This year, the pick up for the free shuttle bus is changed from the bus terminal in front of Harbourfront to the car park at Sentosa Cove. I would think the previous arrangement is better. There is only 1 way in and out of the island. One can only imagine the traffic jam after the tournament. With all those cars parked along the road after the VIP entrance does not help either. Hopefully next year, the organiser will resme back to the old arrangement...

The bus from Harbourfront this year was still running - I used it on Saturday and Sunday. This service wasn't advertised on the BSO website though - no idea why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries   BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next