Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any suggestions for practice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CPT.WONG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any suggestions for practice? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi,

Any suggestions for practice on the range? I need something that is more systematic instead of just hitting balls.

How do you guys practice?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm

we hit balls.
Back to top Go down
CPT.WONG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Any routine or some kind?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:28 pm

check out one of the threads I've posted in. I hope those practice pointers would help you out. http://www.golfrepublic.org/t13536p15-threre-big-mistakes-golfers-make-in-trying-to-improve
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 pm

there are two thoughts on how to practice.

One thing you have to be sure is there should be someone knowleageable and can see whats your wrong with your swing if it occurs.

why?

Becoz if you keep on hitting 200 more balls and doing the wrong swing plane.Or doing the wrong weight shift or doing the wrong "release of hands"

Then certainly you will only developed "bad habits" which will ruin your Golf swing.

Now if your golf swing is Good and you have someone to check it once it falters then

you can practice like....

#1) First hit 3 drivers....why?

Everytime you start your Game of Golf. Its usually the Driver that you start hitting or using
and not your wedge.

You have to accustomed your body that even its still "cold" or haven't warm up. You can hit your driver with ease and not hit your ball...as if your using a Pw and not a driver on the tee.

#2) Then start hitting your irons, wood and driver again.

When your hands are tired. Then its time to work on your wedge shot
Chip....Bump and run ....and flop or LOB shot

#3) you can also focus on 1 basket of Golf balls where you must hit using only one club.

what i mean is hit, lets say, your 8th iron with the 40 balls
so that you will get accustomed to it

And work on the golf clubs you feel you are weak. For example if you can't your 3 wood, Focus on that club. till you could hit 5 goof hits
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 pm

HyBriD wrote:
there are two thoughts on how to practice.

#1) First hit 3 drivers....why?

Everytime you start your Game of Golf. Its usually the Driver that you start hitting or using
and not your wedge.

You have to accustomed your body that even its still "cold" or haven't warm up. You can hit your driver with ease and not hit your ball...as if your using a Pw and not a driver on the tee.

#2) Then start hitting your irons, wood and driver again.

When your hands are tired. Then its time to work on your wedge shot
Chip....Bump and run ....and flop or LOB shot

#3) you can also focus on 1 basket of Golf balls where you must hit using only one club.

what i mean is hit, lets say, your 8th iron with the 40 balls
so that you will get accustomed to it

And work on the golf clubs you feel you are weak. For example if you can't your 3 wood, Focus on that club. till you could hit 5 goof hits

Interesting and logical... i shall try this later at the range! Hope it really works...

I have also recently tried to hit 50-80 balls before each round of golf, and i have to say it works really well and i managed to reduce my scores and played steadily throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Adding to what I just wrote,

I know a few Scratch Golfers in my country who just hit 100 balls 4x a week
And they only hit "Quality Shot's" and focus on their short game. 100yards below.
Specially those 20 ,30, 40 and 50yards shot.

Most often, Sunday Golfers and intermediate golfers become Nervous when there are so many looking or prying at your swing. specially when there's a tournament

Some even make "bets" if the driver will be a "Pitching Wood" or not.
And laugh at you when your ball lands a few distance only.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions for practice?   Any suggestions for practice? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for practice?
Page 1 of 1