Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how often do you practice practice at Driving range?

Go down 
+43
Birdman
angeldogleslie
shimizu.toruk
boskie85
enwee
ironstarz
tankh76
sim.t.lim
modthing
watermyforrest
charlesho
Master
gabriel06
EastCoastHack
jeffman88
iluvcookies
Turbo
Slicer51
snagy23
tjy
audi
Derek
Kengnam
hkhamateur
essentiale
hardrock
pippin
onime
Cyp_PGA
kef529
TDO
TourSwing
chien
slinger
shamusan
costajos
blee67
Technospaz
TheFocalPoint
eiji
Duval_S
schnell
lionwoods
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

how often do you practice practice at Driving range? Empty
PostSubject: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I practice about 3 times a week, got finger aching (should be trigger finger), feel tired most of the day.
Do I practice too much?
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Practice in moderation..it's quality and not quantity bro..important is that you need to know what you want to achieve from the session. No point aimlessly belting balls down the range..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I try to practise 50balls a month.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm

when i first started i use to hit 200-300balls per range session of about 2-3hours. averaging 100balls an hour.

nowadays i take the 2hours and only finish 100 or less balls, i have progress from valuing the quality of practice vs the quantity of balls hit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:54 pm

eiji wrote:
when i first started i use to hit 200-300balls per range session of about 2-3hours. averaging 100balls an hour.

nowadays i take the 2hours and only finish 100 or less balls, i have progress from valuing the quality of practice vs the quantity of balls hit.

your game must be damn good now.. always new equipment, new coach, new mindset etc.. we should have a game soon.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm

I only ever go to MBGC to have dinner there. Sigh. I've not stepped into a range for a long while (except recently to say hi to a friend at Laguna).
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:

your game must be damn good now.. always new equipment, new coach, new mindset etc.. we should have a game soon.. Smile

nowhere near yours. its still up and down very dependent on my short game that day.

but we should definitely have a game soon.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I only ever go to MBGC to have dinner there. Sigh. I've not stepped into a range for a long while (except recently to say hi to a friend at Laguna).

that was the same time I say hi too right?

No range for a long time.... sometime just to drive past the range to see whether shining buddha is hard at work perfecting his long drives.....
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

lionwoods wrote:
I practice about 3 times a week, got finger aching (should be trigger finger), feel tired most of the day.
Do I practice too much?

I think i got trigger finger too.... will it get better if i stop hitting for awhile?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:07 pm

blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

No range for a long time.... sometime just to drive past the range to see whether shining buddha is hard at work perfecting his long drives.....

Yup. I used to frequent the range religiously in the past. Perhaps twice or even thrice a week. Hit about 200-300 balls per go. What did I achieve?

1. Sore palms and fingers.
2. Sore back.
3. Sore wrists.

Since then, my coach (Duval) has told me that God blesses us with a limited quota of good shots per month. If you use them all in the range, you'll have nothing left for the course.

I believe Duval is right. I also believe that God has blessed me with about 2 good shots per month. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:08 pm

eiji wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:

nowhere near yours. its still up and down very dependent on my short game that day.

Yes let's! I'm looking down at Marina Bay Golf Course now and wishing i was there.. heh.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Yup. I used to frequent the range religiously in the past. Perhaps twice or even thrice a week. Hit about 200-300 balls per go. What did I achieve?

1. Sore palms and fingers.
2. Sore back.
3. Sore wrists.

Since then, my coach (Duval) has told me that God blesses us with a limited quota of good shots per month. If you use them all in the range, you'll have nothing left for the course.

I believe Duval is right. I also believe that God has blessed me with about 2 good shots per month. Oh well.

Like that ah? I think I got hope... I used up a lot of bad shots last Sunday...... but then i think there are still a lot of bad shots stored still in the warehouse....... Sad
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 pm

i dont understand this concept of trigger finger? can someone explain to me this trigger finger bit?

i go to the range once a week unless i'm feeling really lazy and i hit anywhere from 150 to 800 balls per session... but i've never once had any problems with any of my fingers...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 pm

shamusan wrote:
i dont understand this concept of trigger finger? can someone explain to me this trigger finger bit?

i go to the range once a week unless i'm feeling really lazy and i hit anywhere from 150 to 800 balls per session... but i've never once had any problems with any of my fingers...

It's not a problem which everyone faces. It affects some people while not others. So, you're lucky bro Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 pm

shamusan wrote:

despite your size..... u got "soft hands"

no trigger finger lor...

when one hold the grip too tight (for a lengthy period).... u get trigger finger

thats one of the causes.... mayb there are other causes

i do stand to be corrected....
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:

Yes let's! I'm looking down at Marina Bay Golf Course now and wishing i was there.. heh.

Eiji

Am I still in the queue ??

Can I take the initiative to pen it down now ??

1. Eiji
2. TFP
3. Chien

Laughing

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Ops... My apology.. Forgot the subject matter..

For me : NIL ... Last range practice was months ago...

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:38 pm

so trigger finger in caused by gripping too tight?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:38 pm

chien wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
eiji wrote:

Eiji

Am I still in the queue ??

Can I take the initiative to pen it down now ??

1. Eiji
2. TFP
3. Chien

Laughing

i want in please...

1. Eiji
2. TFP
3. Chien
4. sham
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:45 pm

haha, i would love to have a game. Oct is a bit tight for me, but I might be available after 18oct.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

eiji wrote:
haha, i would love to have a game. Oct is a bit tight for me, but I might be available after 18oct.

Why do I always get the feeling it is standard practice to arrange games 3 weeks in advance one...... Crying or Very sad

For you Eiji I make an exception.. 18th October.. On ?

TFP and Sham?

BTW

I strongly encourage going to the range more often so one can play like Eiji and TFP and drives like Sham... They are very good examples of hardworking golfers who have excelled thru range practices......

(Mods, I'm not OT right ??)
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

ha ha C ... you encourage going to the range!! Really??? The last time you went to the range the Fool took all your $$$
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Nonsense leh! I'm nowhere near Aloyboy or Suzuki's standard. And everytime I go to the range, i will see Suzuki's car there already parked first. God knows from what time he's been there.. and he's still there after I'm gone...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:04 pm

TourSwing wrote:
ha ha C ... you encourage going to the range!! Really??? The last time you went to the range the Fool took all your $$$

Buddy.. Thats why I said play like Eiji and TFP and drives like Sham.. Not a single word about myself... lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Nonsense leh! I'm nowhere near Aloyboy or Suzuki's standard. And everytime I go to the range, i will see Suzuki's car there already parked first. God knows from what time he's been there.. and he's still there after I'm gone...

And you've never seen Suzuki even though his car was there right ??

Good thing golf clubs are building hotel rooms now...

lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you practice practice at Driving range?   how often do you practice practice at Driving range? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how often do you practice practice at Driving range?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next