Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

suggestions for new driver?

Go down 
+7
alvin7379
icejazz
tronos
TITW
Cyp_PGA
asahi
brendanzhuo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

suggestions for new driver? Empty
PostSubject: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:49 pm

hi all,

i'm looking for a new driver.. but not sure if i should get one with stiff flex.. any difference in the stiff flex for a driver that's US or Jap specs?

also trying to find something which has a more "solid" sound.. my current maruman driver don't sound v nice..

considering the following:
ping G15 or G10
callaway x460

anyone comments on the above drivers? thanks!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Hm....since it's sound you are after. Beside the above 2 drivers, how bout Nike sumo?
My regular mates using them and the sound is deeper.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Wat Is ur budget ? if u ready to invest 800SGD u should try nakashima but i know is high price but its club fitted with sharft angle .... everything if u interested i pass u the address n number because u need to book before . the name of the club fitter is MArk Higgs
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Previously used the G10 and now the G15 driver. One word: WOW

Betw both drivers, the G15 is much longer. Can goto Bishan and trial the G15. As a bonus, they have a trackman system to aid in your decision. No idea about the Callaway.

All the best in your choice.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

for something really good and cheap, get the Titleist 905R
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 pm

I have both Nike SQ and TM R9.

IMHO, both driver are quite nice but I realise that my launch for nike is too high that is why I switch to R9 and now the ball flight is more piercing.

Not sure why.. maybe the shaft or the driver head
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 am

brendanzhuo wrote:
hi all,

i'm looking for a new driver.. but not sure if i should get one with stiff flex.. any difference in the stiff flex for a driver that's US or Jap specs?

also trying to find something which has a more "solid" sound.. my current maruman driver don't sound v nice..

ping G15 or G10
callaway x460

Hi Brendanzhuo,

Both drivers you quoted are quite forgiving... but different players will feel differently for different drivers. You can always request the shop to let you try their demo clubs (usually the ones situated beside the ranges) to feel for yourself if the particular driver suits you.

Personally I am a TM fan, so I would suggest the new R9 (do wait for the new models R9 Supertri/ Burner Superfast) but if you want to cut down on that budget... you may want to look for the older models of the R7 family which perform quite well too... with good sound (for me)

Do check out this link... this was posted by one of the popular club fitter in this forum, giving pointers on what to look out for in a good driver Smile

http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-equipment-f7/in-search-of-the-perfect-driver-t3900.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 am

wow.. thanks everyone for your input!!

actually im trying to look out for 2nd hand drivers cos of budget constraints.. cos its more of experiencing the different brands of driviers.. (dun wan to spend another 400+ on a driver and dun like it in the end, like my maruman.. haha)

so i can just go to the bishan range and ask to try the PING demo drivers?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

brendanzhuo wrote:
wow.. thanks everyone for your input!!

actually im trying to look out for 2nd hand drivers cos of budget constraints.. cos its more of experiencing the different brands of driviers.. (dun wan to spend another 400+ on a driver and dun like it in the end, like my maruman.. haha)

so i can just go to the bishan range and ask to try the PING demo drivers?

I am sure you can try their demo clubs... just dun tell them that you are not buying!!! lol!

If you are looking for 2nd hand ones... find out what you like, you can post your WTB (Want to Buy) request on the forum... or head down to Far East... there are tons of 2nd hand clubs there going at good prices Smile
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

alvin7379 wrote:
brendanzhuo wrote:
hi all,

ping G15 or G10
callaway x460

Hi Brendanzhuo,

Both drivers you quoted are quite forgiving... but different players will feel differently for different drivers. You can always request the shop to let you try their demo clubs (usually the ones situated beside the ranges) to feel for yourself if the particular driver suits you.

Personally I am a TM fan, so I would suggest the new R9 (do wait for the new models R9 Supertri/ Burner Superfast) but if you want to cut down on that budget... you may want to look for the older models of the R7 family which perform quite well too... with good sound (for me)

Do check out this link... this was posted by one of the popular club fitter in this forum, giving pointers on what to look out for in a good driver Smile

http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-equipment-f7/in-search-of-the-perfect-driver-t3900.htm

thanks!! i tink i dun really like my current driver cos of the flex.. and also the feel at impact.. somehow the sound makes it feel kinda empty.. looking for something more "solid".. haha
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:36 am

haha alvin, somehow i can't start a post on the marketplace.. maybe i'll check out far east.. any shops to recommend there?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 am

brendanzhuo wrote:

thanks!! i tink i dun really like my current driver cos of the flex.. and also the feel at impact.. somehow the sound makes it feel kinda empty.. looking for something more "solid".. haha

Then I suppose you will need to first find out what flex you feel more comfortable with. A swing speed analysis will be able to assist you in determining the right shaft flex and weight for you.

If you are someone who enjoy loud sounding drivers, I personally feel that Taylormade, Cobra and Nike are the 3 brands which you will probably find enjoyable.

Enjoy the hunt for your next driver! Cheers... Smile
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 am

brendanzhuo wrote:
haha alvin, somehow i can't start a post on the marketplace.. maybe i'll check out far east.. any shops to recommend there?

You need to post 10 times before you can start a post in Market place Smile
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:31 pm

brendanzhuo wrote:
hi all,

ping G15 or G10
callaway x460

I find US stiff too stiff for me. Finally settled for US Rflex (ref to TM models).
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:44 pm

As i said. Is the Indian. Not to arrow. I try many driver. But all go left to right, and right to left. Still cannot find my right arrow. heehee... But if you want loud driver. I recommand Cobra LV4.
Even ball go left and right, sound also very loud.. cheers
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Cobra S2, looks great, sounds great... go for a cobra demo!
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm

you must feel confident with the driver .... but what i hear is that the shaft is very important to the club which mean u need to find the right shaft that suit u for that u should visit a club fitter ....
Back to top Go down
jazz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:31 pm

I personally go for te TMs. The cobra S2 oso pretty good. Go to the demo sessions to get te best feel and visual of how these drivers work out for u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for new driver?   suggestions for new driver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

suggestions for new driver?
Page 1 of 1