Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)

Go down 
+77
samuel tan
imrog
city2408
willie24
snagy23
pug
pravnash
simoner
HyBriD
joshcct
angeldogleslie
blee67
DRGjr72
DK
zephyr_bloom
jtek
acidic88
alvin7379
odyssey23
nrafee
Cyrano
jloo61
shorthitter
Master
blong
Winston
enwee
Ssquirrel
JonL_TK
and68low
peter.golfer
shimizu.toruk
sob
skybobo
jeremykoh
BabyCroc
Yarra
Derek
edgolf
Birdman
Zig Zag
watermyforrest
slinger
Golfman
nientsu
foolwalking
Slicer51
teegem
Christo72
sgdaniel
lennylim
calvinong
DLWL
ahnah
crazy17
pushslice
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
Khorkar
kevinhwc
audi
eqtrend
garylin
Kengnam
mengteck71
nicasio
bryanachong
frosTEE
asahi
hkhamateur
Agumon
Technospaz
bogeyman72
Sean76
TigaWood
DGman
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am

Technospaz wrote:
I took my 51 and 55 out for their virgin spin yesterday and boy, was I pleased. They work very nicely. Buttery soft feeling and they check quite well too. I'm your worse-than-average golfer but I found that the wedges were quite easy to set-up and use.

I'd dare say that they rival (if not outperform) the bigger names out there. It goes to show that sometimes, lesser known names doesn't mean lesser quality or performance - quite the opposite in fact.

My only 'grouse' with the 55 is that it cost me a plate of chicken wings... but it was well worth it Smile
Hmmm..seem like you become meat for sis again..... No . She did hit a spectacular on sat in orchard to 5ft beside pin.
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

enwee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I took my 51 and 55 out for their virgin spin yesterday and boy, was I pleased. They work very nicely. Buttery soft feeling and they check quite well too. I'm your worse-than-average golfer but I found that the wedges were quite easy to set-up and use.

I'd dare say that they rival (if not outperform) the bigger names out there. It goes to show that sometimes, lesser known names doesn't mean lesser quality or performance - quite the opposite in fact.

My only 'grouse' with the 55 is that it cost me a plate of chicken wings... but it was well worth it Smile
Hmmm..seem like you become meat for sis again..... No . She did hit a spectacular on sat in orchard to 5ft beside pin.

You are soooooooooo wrong. That plate of chicken wings was bought because he had a birdie. So you can imagine how close the wedge brought him to.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 pm

sigh .... the anticipation is killing me ... I was supposed to travel down to SG for meetings this week and was going to pick up my ikan batang kecil today. Unfortunately the trip has been postponed.

I am hoping that with these 2 final items, the set can be completed and magically (hopefully) help this struggling 18 handicapper play to his handicap again.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Derek wrote:
sigh .... the anticipation is killing me ... I was supposed to travel down to SG for meetings this week and was going to pick up my ikan batang kecil today. Unfortunately the trip has been postponed.

I am hoping that with these 2 final items, the set can be completed and magically (hopefully) help this struggling 18 handicapper play to his handicap again.

i am going to KL this thurs to sunday....

i can bring up for u...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

thanks bro! very kam tong!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Slinger, would you mind passing the Fast 12 driver (at the Den) to Derek too? That is if you're heading to the Den and have space to carry the club. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm

no need guys, I will be headed down to Singapore later part of this week and will drop by the Den on Thursday morning.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

the BFG KL shop is in Ara Damansara.....ai mai?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

No need Boss Eric, have to be in SG office this Friday, and Thursday and Monday are PH in Selangor, so I'll have some time to drop by the Den and play some golf.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Derek wrote:
No need Boss Eric, have to be in SG office this Friday, and Thursday and Monday are PH in Selangor, so I'll have some time to drop by the Den and play some golf.

Golf? This weekend? Golf?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I finally got my own wedges with my own specs today. Can't wait to try it on the course tomorrow. I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Derek wrote:

Why? You waiting to makan him ah? Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Derek wrote:

Why? You waiting to makan him ah? Razz

Hmmm... I don't recall betting with Derek but even if I did, I don't think I stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

To Sir Eric/DGMAN,

may i kindly ask if I can grind the sole to my own preference?
and If I grind these, will the color changed?

I liked my wedge, similar to what Callaway, roger cleveland is doing and Cleveland's DSG style.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 pm

the BFG wedges can be grind...

its made from 1020 steel and it will corrode but if you use it regularly it will remain free of rust and resemble a well practice wedge of a tour professional.

DGman
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Went to green this morning with 2 punggol kaki.

Hit and hit ... finally enter into a bunker and a wall is blocking me .. but I'm not afraid.

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 480610_10151283984216909_180368872_n

Immediately take out my new VX5 (55 degree)

Recall what Eric had taught me the new wedges tips for attacking..

Practice 1 Swing and .....

Bomb ~~~~~

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 734085_10151283985301909_2025508025_n

The ball went above the wall and go straight near to the pin. Swee ~

No regret for getting the iron and wedges from BFG.

FYI, I still a beginner and don't have handicap yet.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm

ahnah wrote:
Went to green this morning with 2 punggol kaki.

Hit and hit ... finally enter into a bunker and a wall is blocking me .. but I'm not afraid.

Immediately take out my new VX5 (55 degree)

Recall what Eric had taught me the new wedges tips for attacking..

Practice 1 Swing and .....

Bomb ~~~~~

The ball went above the wall and go straight near to the pin. Swee ~

No regret for getting the iron and wedges from BFG.

FYI, I still a beginner and don't have handicap yet.
Bro ahnah, u still beginner or seasoned beginner? lol!

Last edited by enwee on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm

enwee

me just beginner lah .. my putting most of the time 3-4 stroke

Last edited by ahnah on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 pm

ahnah wrote:
enwee

me just beginner lah .. my putting most of the time 3-4 stroke

Really ? If so, you need to spend more time in the Den and ask DGman to give you some putting tips. You will soon be single HCP. Btw, nice bunker shot .. hit well when you have the confidence cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 am

photos of the bunker shot and where the ball eventually ended up will rate higher than food pictures and rank pari passu with Winston's avatar......

JN....great that you are no longer afraid of bunkers and using the bounce correctly.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 am

No wonder my ears itchy....Eric, when will the BFG be open for business??? I will be back in Singapore until the 17th of Feb.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:03 pm

gone after the 6th Feb.....in on the 16...and maybe 15 afternoon.......17th to 21 will be at the Honda LPGA opener in Siam GC with my bag carrier in tow....

thanks Winston....yummy.....
Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi all, played a round today and to my horror after the game, 2 of my 3 BFG wedges got rust spots on the face. So sad... Anyone has any idea how to remove them?

I can't stand having those rust marks on the beautiful wedges face Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 am

DGman wrote:
gone after the 6th Feb.....in on the 16...and maybe 15 afternoon.......17th to 21 will be at the Honda LPGA opener in Siam GC with my bag carrier in tow....

thanks Winston....yummy.....

Got it Eric, will buzz if I am heading down,,,
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 am

DK wrote:
Hi all, played a round today and to my horror after the game, 2 of my 3 BFG wedges got rust spots on the face. So sad... Anyone has any idea how to remove them?

I can't stand having those rust marks on the beautiful wedges face Crying or Very sad

do not leave the wedges in the cover when its damp or wet...bring it in and we have the "antidote". the rough area is the sandblast area so its actually pretty raw and will corrode, not rust.

DGman

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next