Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)

Go down 
+77
samuel tan
imrog
city2408
willie24
snagy23
pug
pravnash
simoner
HyBriD
joshcct
angeldogleslie
blee67
DRGjr72
DK
zephyr_bloom
jtek
acidic88
alvin7379
odyssey23
nrafee
Cyrano
jloo61
shorthitter
Master
blong
Winston
enwee
Ssquirrel
JonL_TK
and68low
peter.golfer
shimizu.toruk
sob
skybobo
jeremykoh
BabyCroc
Yarra
Derek
edgolf
Birdman
Zig Zag
watermyforrest
slinger
Golfman
nientsu
foolwalking
Slicer51
teegem
Christo72
sgdaniel
lennylim
calvinong
DLWL
ahnah
crazy17
pushslice
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
Khorkar
kevinhwc
audi
eqtrend
garylin
Kengnam
mengteck71
nicasio
bryanachong
frosTEE
asahi
hkhamateur
Agumon
Technospaz
bogeyman72
Sean76
TigaWood
DGman
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 am

what can we use to clean and maintain the BFG irons and wedges?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am

wash the heads with water, leave it to dry before putting it back....

the corrosion comes from leaving the heads in damp or wet cover. no need to do any other maintenance cos its the wet season and for those who have served NS and use the M16, you will know what happens when you finish jungle training....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 am

wash the wet underwear and smelly socks.. haha
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 pm

oil it !!!!
Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:51 pm

DGman wrote:
DK wrote:
Hi all, played a round today and to my horror after the game, 2 of my 3 BFG wedges got rust spots on the face. So sad... Anyone has any idea how to remove them?

I can't stand having those rust marks on the beautiful wedges face Crying or Very sad

do not leave the wedges in the cover when its damp or wet...bring it in and we have the "antidote". the rough area is the sandblast area so its actually pretty raw and will corrode, not rust.

DGman

Thanks boss! Glad you have the antidote!! Will bring it down soon!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm

DGman wrote:
wash the heads with water, leave it to dry before putting it back....

the corrosion comes from leaving the heads in damp or wet cover. no need to do any other maintenance cos its the wet season and for those who have served NS and use the M16, you will know what happens when you finish jungle training....

If it's any consolation, the same happens with other clubs too. If the heads are damp, rust sets in.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 pm

They spin too well E, twice today I backed them up 12 feet once back into the water haha. Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 pm

DK wrote:
Hi all, played a round today and to my horror after the game, 2 of my 3 BFG wedges got rust spots on the face. So sad... Anyone has any idea how to remove them?

I can't stand having those rust marks on the beautiful wedges face Crying or Very sad

Today also my virgin green for my BFG wedge... Hit 2 nice bunker then found some scratches on the face... A little heartache... But it's a great wedge...

Eric maybe need more chipping course recap! 10/10 for bunker but 2/10 for chipping today! Andy Lau had left me this morning... Ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 pm

the wedges are instruments to get you out of sand, whacked through mud and get you on the green nearest to the pin. do not treat it like some collectors' item.

12 ft of spin??? we need to invent a low spin shaft.

DGman
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am

Roger!

It's a weapon! It's a weapon! It's a weapon! Brain washing myself...

Btw the wedge feel so soft when I use it for full swing... It make me wondering if the fishy stick feels same on green.... Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 am

jtek wrote:
Roger!

Btw the wedge feel so soft when I use it for full swing... It make me wondering if the fishy stick feels same on green.... Smile

what shaft are you using...i can built a demo 7 iron for you to bring out and trash around....ai mai?

Kaching$$$$
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 am

If u like the feel of fishy wedge, The fishy sticks are even softer. Esp paired with aerotechs.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

That's where the poisoning...begins.... Laughing but no regrets.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am

no regrets at all...just get it..this is a good investment and will make you smile whenever you played with it...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

I heard a 2nd hand set of Bfg irons has a higher asking price compared to other irons..
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

pushslice wrote:
If u like the feel of fishy wedge, The fishy sticks are even softer. Esp paired with aerotechs.

Yes.. no regret. I'm using now.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

BFG Wedges lousy lah ... where got backspin???? All bluff one ... that day I used them, did not even manage to spin one ball back ... lousy wedge .... the ball just stops next to the hole ... don't need to putt ... make golf so blarrrdy boring ... hit slightly thin also just 1 hop and stop ... *mutter* stupid wedge

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Derek, i agree with u totally.. thin the Vx1 wedge from 90m also never fly "holland".. how i wish it roll forward to give me a shorter putt...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Derek, i agree with u totally.. thin the Vx1 wedge from 90m also never fly "holland".. how i wish it roll forward to give me a shorter putt...

must be that "once in lfe time type of shot"....
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 pm

DGman wrote:
jtek wrote:
Roger!

what shaft are you using...i can built a demo 7 iron for you to bring out and trash around....ai mai?

Kaching$$$$

Boss... Such a service how can I not walk into your kaching$? Ha ha h

But now my headache is my driver... Suddenly it started to fail me... Master Eric, can help?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 pm

mengteck71 wrote:

you as well? wow ...

In my case I was about 45m away, hit it then and in my mind was "$%&^$#%& Hong K%% liao!!!!", of course on the outside still look composed ... I have hit enough of these shots before to expect what to happen, mid trajectory, hit the green, skid off and go down the hill on the other side ...

This time ... 1 hop then almost dead stop .... 15 ft left but pin high ... I really did not expect it .... even Aaron was surprised ... he was near enough me to hear the contact sound and he was also expecting the ball to rocket off the green ... although the shot was played into an upslope, it still stopped much much much faster than what I expected

That shot should have led to blowing up the hole, going over that green and down the slope and then coming back up to a green sloping away from you ... not funny ... but as it was I almost saved par (lip out) and walked away with bogey

I have no idea what about the design is causing it, but to be frank, I don't really care ... that is DGman's job. I am just happy to have a relatively idiot proof wedge
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Derek wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

you as well? wow ...

In my case I was about 45m away, hit it then and in my mind was "$%&^$#%& Hong K%% liao!!!!", of course on the outside still look composed ... I have hit enough of these shots before to expect what to happen, mid trajectory, hit the green, skid off and go down the hill on the other side ...

This time ... 1 hop then almost dead stop .... 15 ft left but pin high ... I really did not expect it .... even Aaron was surprised ... he was near enough me to hear the contact sound and he was also expecting the ball to rocket off the green ... although the shot was played into an upslope, it still stopped much much much faster than what I expected

That shot should have led to blowing up the hole, going over that green and down the slope and then coming back up to a green sloping away from you ... not funny ... but as it was I almost saved par (lip out) and walked away with bogey

I have no idea what about the design is causing it, but to be frank, I don't really care ... that is DGman's job. I am just happy to have a relatively idiot proof wedge

Derek. you know by saying that, there will be a lot of people asking for strokes from you? clown
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Derek will say "no strokes.. go get ur bfg wedge"..

Bo Ji Mai Pak Golf
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

mengteck71 wrote:

Bo Ji Mai Pak Golf

its actually " bo ji par simi golf "
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm

the wedge has turned out to be the key product that we can own for a long long time. its amazing that we do not have to carry the big brands if we know that a honest product at a fair price will always change people's mind...eventually.

thank you guys for all your comments and i hope we can roll out more unique products that will make golf easier.

cheers......DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)   BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10) - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BFG Forged Milled Wedges (Final Photos on Page 10)
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next