Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yellow Golf balls.. your view?

Go down 
+15
tronos
asahi
haragolfer
Kengnam
zephyr_bloom
Golfer Guy
slinger
chien
bogeyman72
Birdman
Gray
DRGjr72
pushslice
slazenger
kooky
19 posters
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Yellow Golf balls.. your view? Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm

What do you guys think of yellow golf balls?

I have tried 1 or twice, I feel that it is easier to track on the air.

More importantly for me though, is how easy is it to find in the fairway and rough in our local and malaysia/batam conditions.

As you know, sometimes fairways also got many dead leaves... rough also.. does it 'stand out' more compared to white balls leh?

As for 'confidence' when teeing up... maybe feel slightly better..

does feel cool to be playing a non-white ball in the flight, though.

what about you? do you feel yellow easier to find?
Back to top Go down
slazenger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm

sometimes yellow ball more difficult to find in the rough esp where leave are plentiful and during 8-9 am or 4-6 pm.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

i just cant get used to it, especially on the green. looks weird.

Maybe I'm weird
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:17 pm

I have found a little of both. I played the Srixon Zstar mellow yellow and I really like them. Not only it is usually the only yellow ball in the group (easier to identify), but in typical conditions it was fairly easy to find.

My only issue occurred on high glare days, but to be honest I am not sure if it was any different than a white ball.

I might have to take some out again and run a test to see if they are easier or harder to find than a traditional white ball.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm

if in the rough, yellow leaves and yellow ball. more difficult to find than white ball in my opinion.

Pink Ball better. You can't find pink leaves and there aint so many pink flowers growing wildly in our region.

Between yellow and white, I'd choose white cos I always go OB where all the yellow leaves are. White cheaper also if compare like for like.

Will take pink but they are almost always packaged as ladies ball.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Funny how things have changed to become the polar opposite.

There was a time when only beginners and social golfers played coloured balls. Spot a yellow ball in the fairway belonging to the flight in front and you knew it was going to be a long round. Serious golfers preferred white, probably also cos the premium balls were only in white. Ping was about the only one with balls the colour of the rainbow, with combinations of half of the ball in pink/blue/yellow/black. There was no need to draw lines on the ball for putting. A friend of mine used to call the Ping ball the headache ball, lol. Think Ping had a masculine pink ball for men, not sure. Can find some of these antique Ping balls still in one shop in Far East Shopping Centre.

I prefer white too for its overall visibility from the fairway and rough. In the rough, white has the best contrast versus any other coloured ball. Yellow just blends in, really hard to find. Black just totally disappears.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:38 pm

yelllow does not work for me... my vision tend to find white ones better... Cool
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

I love yellow balls... Why isn't there Red balls??? lol!

When I play with the guys, I don't need to drive up to all the balls to check which is mine.. I spot mine distance away.. It just makes differentiating so much easier... afro

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Birdman wrote:
Funny how things have changed to become the polar opposite.

There was a time when only beginners and social golfers played coloured balls. Spot a yellow ball in the fairway belonging to the flight in front and you knew it was going to be a long round. Serious golfers preferred white, probably also cos the premium balls were only in white. Ping was about the only one with balls the colour of the rainbow, with combinations of half of the ball in pink/blue/yellow/black. There was no need to draw lines on the ball for putting. A friend of mine used to call the Ping ball the headache ball, lol. Think Ping had a masculine pink ball for men, not sure. Can find some of these antique Ping balls still in one shop in Far East Shopping Centre.

I prefer white too for its overall visibility from the fairway and rough. In the rough, white has the best contrast versus any other coloured ball. Yellow just blends in, really hard to find. Black just totally disappears.

u stand in the rough....

i also hard to find....

cos its your natural habitat....
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:13 pm

There is a reason more ball manufacturers are going yellow. These balls sell!
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:25 pm

From observations, a non-white ball in the flight typically belongs to a beginner, lady golfer Embarassed Because I m quite blur, I only use coloured balls - orange, yellow, pink etc. Even bought Hello Kitty sparkling purple. Reasons - easier to locate ball on fairway; will not unintentionally hitting other people's balls.

When day is bright and sunny, i personally find orange stand out better than yellow. When the sky is about to get dusky, yellow is better. And I do agree that it's harder to find yellow ball when it is nestled midst leaves.

I would think a man who plays pink ball is one with confidence and gumption...

Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:29 pm

My frd pass a few Srixon Zstar in orange to me,look nice in everywhere...but not on green.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:17 pm

i love em Pink tourstage ones. Scored well with them too.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

slinger wrote:

u stand in the rough....

i also hard to find....

ROFL Two Thumbs Up!!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:

u stand in the rough....

i also hard to find....

ROFL Two Thumbs Up!!!

Birdy, even with 2 thumbs up, also cannot see you lah! hehehehe

Anyway, white ball, yellow ball, pink ball.....so long the ball dun go missing, it is a good ball.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm

playing the Titleist NXT tour-S yellow

main advantage is u automatically know that ball is urs (if flight mates play white) so can immediately plan ur next shot...no need to check or wait until go near to see if its urs....

visibility is very good and easier to see in the sky (especially if got lots of cloud)

also not as easy to see the dirt..somehow not seeing a dirty ball will make u feel good.

as for other colour balls, better bring ur A game..cause i once tee up a pink ball...duff it and the next flight guys were all laughing, even joke with my flight mates...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm

asahi wrote:
Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:

u stand in the rough....

i also hard to find....

ROFL Two Thumbs Up!!!

Birdy, even with 2 thumbs up, also cannot see you lah! hehehehe

Is there a target painted on my forehead today? Suspect

But true.. true.. the first hole of the last charity game I played with Slinger, really couldn't see me. I only emerged from the trees once I was next to the green. The 12 I played there is still etched in my head. White Flag
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:25 am

Cmon Hubert, I guess us mere mortals don't stand a chance against Andrew. Heard he is on good form as wel:) but the points make sense, doesnt matter what color of call you use I'd your mostly on the fairway. If not. Invest in a good caddy instead
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:48 am

Bangla123 wrote:
Cmon Hubert, I guess us mere mortals don't stand a chance against Andrew. Heard he is on good form as wel:) but the points make sense, doesnt matter what color of call you use I'd your mostly on the fairway. If not. Invest in a good caddy instead

Good form is an understatement... a 74 is phenomenal by any amateur standard. But really the comment by him is an inside joke on me relevant to the game we played.

I'll never be any good at golf cos my affinity for my natural habitat. Very Happy

And you're right... the colour doesn't matter as long as we find the short stuff. In fact, that's when it's most advantageous. More often than not though, we're in the long stuff... and up the creek without a caddy.

That's when white works best for me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Years ago Nike One Platinum Tour ball limited edition comes with Black ball ... One in each sleeve. It is a collector's item ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:04 pm

First time playg w orange balls - Srixon Zstars. Rolling Eyes
Ball feel ok n e color stands out on e fairway as well as those thick rough! rendeer
Main advantage, its yrs n no dispute lor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luke_liu85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:31 pm

I like the way yellow balls stand out... but the ones im using are top flite so the clickyness is really more of a distracting factor than anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Golf balls.. your view?   Yellow Golf balls.. your view? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yellow Golf balls.. your view?
Page 1 of 1